Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
going to the drugs+premarital sex store, y'all need anything? no? ok I'll be right back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Deadite posted:

I’m peddling my wares at a horror/goth makers market today so I’m downloading Return of the Living Dead to watch while people ignore my booth

Good luck goon

Everybody go check out and support your local horror/goth makers market, you might find some absolutely sick poo poo like this

The fricking thing is 2 feet tall, weighs like 15 pounds, included the attached 5-foot chain, and yes that is a physical hole in the middle of the evil star

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Gripweed posted:

It's an ad for the next Senritsu Kaiki File Kowasugi File movie. And you should definitely recognize the location.

Yeah I have yet to watch the Senritsu etc. series so before the title card came up I definitely thought it was a One Cut of the Dead sequel

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
I dont want the link but im built different

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

definitely Resolution

actually it's Moon Knight :agreed:

e: now I'm wondering if Moon Knight is part of the lovely Carl Cinematic Universe

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
it's the babadook

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
it is very funny that The Descent 2 is only compatible with the bad version of the first one's ending and is therefore not canon

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
There might be some outside scenes but I remember most of the very cool Faults (2014) taking place in the hotel room (and bathroom)

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Phy posted:

What's the movie where the family hires this woman as a carer for their messed-up son, and it turns out that not only is he a killer, but she's also a serial murderer and is microdosing on LSD or something and it makes her even murderier, and the mom might be a killer too? I know I watched it last year or early this year but gently caress if I can remember the name

That is good ol A Spoonful of Sugar

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
And remember to turn on your monitor or you're really screwed

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

reminds me of one of the criminal CGI output they used for The Thing (2011). the whole thing had these insanely good goey physical props, but the end result ditches a lot of that in favor of motion-blurred CG

My house is having a Harbinger Down movie night so I'm looking forward to watching a bad movie with hopefully good effects. still deciding on what to double feature it with tho

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Phy posted:

Spoonful of Sugar: just as twisted as I remember it. Between this and Mandy I wish more movies had killers tripping balls on acid.

you've seen Beyond the Black Rainbow right

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
taking a moment to appreciate the new-V/H/S-day vibes as I start up 85, already hooting and hollering about a dead squirrel

also a lol that (beginning) they just start segment 1 immediately

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Scream and Final Destination welcome the V/H/S franchise into the pantheon of series that keep putting out the exact same garbage (complimentary)

e: actually there are going to be more V/H/S movies than either of those

VROOM VROOM fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 14, 2023

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
AA,SB being found footage is worth it for the ending alone where you're expecting the usual FF everybody-dies bad ending, and then they just pop out the other side and go home

It also gives you the first-person hell% speedrun sequence which is hilarious

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Having a chuckle at the idea of a guy who hates every single V/H/S segment until his icy heart is melted by BONESTORM

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
I can assure you that BONESTORM is completely unlike anything you've ever seen from B+M

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

WeaponX posted:

Friday the 13th 3 stinks!

:agreed: I've only seen 1-3 (and, of course, Jason X) and they're all kinda bad in parts but 3 doesn't have any moments that push it up into noteworthiness like the first two do, like 1's whole ending and 2's protagonist dropping Jason with a surprise kick to the nuts

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Counterpoint: Part 3 has the best theme music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOU0CgX40JU

This is true, I forgot how incredibly funky the theme is. A+ Halloween music

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Shrecknet posted:

y'all HEAD COUNT loving whips rear end, it's such a good little spook-em-up with just the right amount of paranoia and chills.

are we talking about Head Count (2018) or Head Count (2023), cause I remember 2018 being ~fine~ while 2023 seems to be getting quite good reviews

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
re: Outwaters

Douche4Sale posted:

To choose his penis felt like it would have made more sense if there had been other sexual or reproductive themes throughout.
aren't there?

also it's a beautiful movie

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
I liked when they implied the Poughkeepsie Taper did 9/11 to evade capture

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
oh my god my brain never consciously realized the significance of the song I Got Five on It in Us (2019)

"let's go half on a sack"

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Shrecknet posted:

Also it is killing me that The Fog remake in 2005 is set in Oregon, making it the top Oregonian horror,

pretty sure Green Room is set in Oregon yo (wikipedia synopsis says the show was in "a rural area outside Portland" and all the filming was in Oregon)

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

man The Thing remake was such a disappointment, i was completely hoodwinked by their marketing campaign. curse my younger self

I can only assume that the remake you are talking about is The Thing (1981), with The Thing From Another World (1951) being the original

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Pearl was a warning

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
History of the Occult does indeed own, love a classic magical conspiracy heist movie with mockumentary aspects and format fuckery

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
got skinamarinked at the hairdresser

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
lol at the end of Thanksgiving the EMT very clearly closes the ambulance door wrong so it fails to close and they just drive out of frame and don't worry about it. a nice little bit of movie magic

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
re: MaXXXine trailer

Hell yeah that they're going back to X's meta-ness and also that the trailer calls its shot that there's going to be another incredible head-on Mia Goth monologue

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Abandoned Grain Elevator is alright, I :justpost:ed about it in the challenge thread one time

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Somebody hasn't gotten to The Fish Wrap Soldier at War

(if Turning My Life Around doesn't charm you the movie's not for you tbh. or stick around to see it get weirdly dark at the end just like Shaun of the Dead)

VROOM VROOM fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
so this is how I find out that the character's name is Richard B. Riddick

Dick Riddick