Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Don't unleash this demon I beg you. The thought of Palpatine barking out UNLIMITED POWER mid coitus has me dying over here.

"Unleash?" Are you not familiar with the internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i just find it amusing that moxxie is pretty close to his normal voice.

You know he's just waiting for an opportunity to bust out his Bea Arthur impression at some point.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Now that I've had some time to digest I've just realized the sheer implications of this episode. Fizz might unintentionally become the face of an Imp revolution. I mean from the perspective of his audience he just became a motherfucking folk hero. Achieved fame and fortune from the King Greed openly kicked him to the curb when he got sick of him and bagged the King of Lust as his new Sugar Daddy while fearlessly telling Mammon to gently caress off. Can you imagine how for the oppressed lower classes that looked? He didn't lose a single fan and if anything is taking his entire audience with him wherever he goes from here. I can honestly see his fame full on exploding even further. Problem is Mammon is definitely going to come after him and if it gets out the "elites" are after Fizz I don't think the imp population would take that revelation lying down AT ALL. Probably take it as further proof of them trying to stifle them and that could get ugly.

Also Striker must be spitting blood right now lol

Larger balance of power issue: Asmodeus interfered with Mammon's poo poo right in his own territory.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Seeing Mammon's banner with the Goetic heraldry makes me wonder if they've shown any of those other sigils in the background before.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It's not too late for Stolas to heel turn and become that villain.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Can the Goetia even be killed? Like, at all? Stolas seemed pretty unconcerned the few times he's had violence directed at/near him.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I feel like Alastor's new voice is both too high-pitch and not southern enough.

Alastor isn't meant to be southern, I think, but Knickerbocker. He's fast-talking-high-trousers personified.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I figure there's got to be some underlying reason why Vaggie is drawn to be moth-like, I hope we explore that.

Give me more fully demon-ed out Charlie inject it directly into my eyeballs

I sincerely hope she gets another opportunity to pull rank and maybe make it stick.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I think we can set the countdown before Charlie's "History of Hell" storybook time is revealed to be an unreliable narrative, too.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I know Word of Viv says they're the same universe, but I've seen no evidence of this onscreen yet, and am not convinced they really need to be.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Adam is a dick.

Excuse me, he is the DickMaster

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The -iel ending implies that Zestiel is also a fallen angel, like Lucifer.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

What are the Vegas odds on Lilith being the series' BBEG?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

I assume that either he or Alastor will be the 'final boss' for the Hotel's rehab programme. Dude is going to eat so much poo poo as a rank-and-file sinner with his kind of attitude.

Relatedly, I hope Sir Pentious continues to play a significant role post-ascension. He feels like a character who still has plenty of mileage to him, and will likely be an important ally to Emily. Also, I bet that proud bad girl Cherri would have extremely confusing feelings about him showing up again as an angel.

Al long as Pentious still has two dicks, I think Cherri will find a way to make it work

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Elman posted:

edit: I just remembered Lucifer made a comment about having sex with Eve. Is she in hell?

I think that Lucifer was using double-entendre. She "liked what he had to offer," which in this case was the apple.

Sir Pentious is Sir Repentious now, I guess.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Is Charlie the only one of the main characters who's never been on Earth?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Cugel the Clever posted:

Season wrapped up well. However, it's left unanswered one essential question: what the gently caress are the egg boys, canonically? Are they Hell-born? Sinners? Eldritch abominations?

I'm pretty sure Pentious made them, given regrets expressed on his first day at the Hotel.I'm going with eldritch abominations

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Do we have any idea of the timeline of the two shows? Feels like Helluva Boss takes place after this.

That's the simplest explanation, since there's no hint of the exterminations in HB, and none of the Goetia in Hazbin.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

On second watchthrough I noticed that Razzle (and/or Dazzle) get a gold monument opposite Sir Pentious' painting.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Voicing Lilith, who is built up right at the beginning as having powers of song, is going to be a real challenge for somebody.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

Yeah, we’re pretty much guaranteed to see her next season so I’ll be curious who they wind up casting for the role

Kind of hope Vaggie gets a song next season too (she just got a short one with Charlie and joined in on the last one to my knowledge)

Vaggie and Carmilla got two duets.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It was sort of unfair to Stephanie Beatriz to put her up against Daphne Rubin-Vega, who was the original lead in Rent.

They're going to have to get like Pattie LuPone or someone to be Lilith.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Macaluso posted:

We know Alastor gets along well with the cannibals, and Rosie in particular. He also is fond of Mimzy although that has a limit.

I'm extremely interested in his relationship with Nifty. Did she sell his soul to Alastor too or is he just really close to her? What makes Nifty different other than she doesn't ever talk back and is also a lunatic? Really want to see the backstory of how the two of them met and I'd also like to know what Nifty did in her human life to get sent to hell. The funny little gag of her going blank and starring at any camera pointed at her is probably going to end up not being as funny once we learn about her human life :v:

Niffty should at the very least get a song next season, possibly played straight as a Shirley Temple, But Deranged number, or something going further afield.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

Emily promised she would figure something out so I wonder if she’s responsible and found a way to codify Adam’s made up bullshit list into law or something

My first thought is--will Emily bypass the embassy system to inform Charlie & Co. what happened? They, after all, still don't know.

The Emily-Charlie Hotline could solve a lot of problems really fast, come to think of it.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'm about a year in to writing a novel along these lines (which will probably need to be re-engineered--again--because of HH's popularity) but I went with the idea that Adam, Eve, and Lilith should all look mixed-race as gently caress, as if any of the modern expressions of humanity could have sprung from them.

It's adjacent to producing a browner depiction of Jesus, with all the baggage from that ongoing argument.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Considering that his daughter seems to have bright white skin just like he does, those are probably just gloves. I guess the Morningstar family are just at the very lightest end of the angelic colour spectrum (which certainly fits the name).

They aren't merely pale, but Clowncasian.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Of all the bits of sorcery Charlie has been shown using, none surpasses the power of how she gets high heels on over her hooves.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

My impression of Alastor's arrangement was that it was a ticking clock, and his deadline to accomplish [TBD] is creeping up.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

Also I forget, have we ever seen a sinner in either show that still looks human or do they all look like monsters of some kind (Cherri might be the closest one I can think of but even she’s still a cyclops)?

There's the lady from the first HB:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Annointed posted:

Ngl I do wanna see Miss Miriam Redeemed

:emptyquote:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

(What do you think of my summaries btw)

I think you're going to be crashing headfirst into a lot of conflicting info once S2 appears, but if you're fine with being an AU fic, go for it.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The going assumption seems to be that Lilith cut some kind of shady deal to wind up in Heaven, but I can't help but notice she doesn't have her horns any more. Has she been redeemed?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Data Graham posted:

How does the "rings" layout square with the "pentagram" map?

There's a poster on the wall that shows it, I think. They're stacked vertically.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The Last Call posted:

I keep expecting to see the cannibal family from Helluva Boss in its first episode pop up at some point, if not in the background. They are prime candidates for Cannibal Town. You know the wife would totally be doing what she was doing in life. Her husband definitely knew what was going on with her, even if he looked like a clueless Ronald Regan woodsman mf’er.

I can't see Rosie putting up with people in her town causing a scandal. Cannibal Town looks to be one of the more heavily HOA'ed neighborhoods.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I get the feeling that all three of them think they're the backbone of the Vees, and the other two are entertaining and occasionally useful sidekicks. But they really are three legs of a tripod, and the collapse of one means disaster for all of them.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Pyrotoad posted:

Or Charlie gets blamed for a bunch of demons trying to do the whole heroic sacrifice thing but not actually understanding what it meant for Sir Pentious to do that. Like a suicide booth in Futurama except one of the options is doing this to some random demon.

Charlie can be blamed for anything they feel like, but clearly, if a soul is redeemed it gets in, no matter what. Pentious was taking part in an armed rebellion against heaven at the moment of his death, and that still wasn't enough to stop him from being redeemed by the (apparently) automatic system that yeets worthy souls to Paradise.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The Last Call posted:

Loser Baby is good, but it's a bit over rated.

Who assigns these ratings?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Judging by the amount of fanart from Japanese artists I see going by, I have to think that Hazbin has gotten a significant number of Japanese fans.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The Last Call posted:

Ain't that the truth. I'm so sick of those relationships being shown.

I'm quite a fan of the Moxxie, Milie marriage. They love one another, they're dedicated to each other and that's so drat refreshing to see in this day and age.

It reminds me of the best couple in all media, Gomez and Morticia Addams.

It's even better in that they're happily together in a culture which clearly does not value that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Lammasu posted:

It took me a bit to realize Vaggie and Charlie was a couple. Did anyone else encounter that. I kind of defaulted to video game comic where the two leads are just friends.

I sort of assumed it since the pilot, but in retrospect perhaps I am a filthy shipper, after all...