Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

sweet thursday posted:

He's got that dog with him

Incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Is this a TI beat from 2011? drat that sounds old

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

what, is this guy a running back?

Silly Burrito posted:

That’ll get you a nice RB today.

ah poo poo

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://twitter.com/_footballfilms_/status/1684211972399673348?s=46&t=G8Aq6A5iUmw5R1Z4gfWSjw

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Ort posted:

Lol Dak is not even a top 10 qb.

Cooper is better than Dak

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Please no burrow

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Is that an achilies ?? Non contact injury ;(

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
That’s not the end of the world but not great. He’s never had a full training camp

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Papercut posted:

Kevin Durant was diagnosed with a calf strain, they rushed him back cause it was playoffs, and then he immediately had a full Achilles rupture

lets not rush anything

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
man I hope Burrow is ok

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
What does someone like Ian Rappaport get paid for. Tweeting contract info first, but how does that make money?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Ehud posted:

He works for NFL Network and is part of a bunch of their shows. He's their Adam Schefter.

Totally, and I get that. But its basically the NFL paying someone to report for the owners right?

fsif posted:

Yeah but the issue is that the news he "breaks" is always just stuff that the team or an agent would independently report themselves if there were no insiders. If all the Schefter's of the world were stuck on a deserted island for a week with no cell service, we'd have heard about the Barkley and Herbert extensions at roughly the same time we already did.

They almost never actually report anything that wouldn't be public knowledge in a matter of mere moments later anyway (at least without violating HIPAA).

Cause its basically this. Everyone can just release it themselves without a schefter or a rapaport. Its such a weird niche thing about being the first to tweet news, thats all.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Mr. Nice! posted:

Entertainment news has always been like this. Show creators and actors, for example, do not talk about things until variety or some other trade media publishes it.

The Dave posted:

They need to tell the news to someone though whether that is a person or a business and if they have someone they perceive as a 'friend' they can just shoot a text and know they are going to get favorable coverage.

Yeah when it's just numbers there may not be any real spin to put on there but that part is relationship building. I give you these contract numbers first and when my client is in some poo poo or wants a trade you help us play the media.

Both good points.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Yeah but their coach is ripped so

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Eli on the bengals was such a rollercoaster. Some amazing plays and some incredibly boneheaded gently caress ups that lost games

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Also Brittany mahomes is actually kinda cool watching Quarterback. Didn’t realize she was such a baller soccer player

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
It’s weird to see Matt Nagy as the Qb coach of the chiefs.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

BrownThunder posted:

Quarterback is a good show, especially now just before preseason. It especially brings to light how insanely weird goons are about Mahomes wife

mcmagic posted:

She's way more hated on Twitter than she is here. I just think she's mildly annoying.

Thats why I brought her up specifically. Its just good to see more about her instead of just twitter hate.

BlindSite posted:

I still don't really understand why everyone's surprised that Nagy got the OC gig tbh. He started his coaching career in the QB room under Reid in philly, left with him immediately to Kansas City when he was sacked and was the communicator to the QB on the field for the plays. He got promoted to the OC gig when they started off slowly and really turned the team around and Alex Smith had his best year as a pro. He wasn't great in his first stint as a HC in chicago but I think a lot of people don't realise he's like the only Bears coach in recent times to have a winning record and made the playoffs in consecutive seasons.

The year he comes back as QB coach they win a superbowl and he gets promoted to OC.

I wouldn't have wanted him as the HC in Carolina instead of Reich but if they had of, for some reason hired him as OC I wouldn't have a problem with it, at all. I think he's probably one of those guys who'll have an OC job as long as he wants it, even if he never becomes a great HC. I also find it kind of hard to rule against a guy's future prospects there when it's Chicago who had a pretty messy front office situation and its their first crack too.

I wasnt trying to hate on him, I just didnt realize he was there after he got fired from the Bears.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Diva Cupcake posted:

You all know that the quarterbacks have final edit on what is shown right? It’s like a curated social media feed to paint themselves in the best possible light.

most media is done to show the subjects in the best light unless its a documentary exposing something.

Anyone even slightly media literate takes everything with a grain of salt. Its still an enjoyable show

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
it is very funny that Mariota just disappears from the show

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Wait what the

Mariota is on the eagles?? I totally missed that news

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Taylor to the bengals please

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

mcmagic posted:

I'd rather have Love than a bunch of those T3 guys. Also, hurts and lamar should be in the T1.

Why? Regarding Love -

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I guess true about Love but just because hes an unknown doesnt mean that he automatically jumps above those guys. He could really suck and flame out too...

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1686092630608789510?s=20

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

kiimo posted:

Yeah even if he feels deep down that he's only sorry he got caught I felt like his handling and words about the situation were really effective and downright saintly compared to some other NFL players' statements.

pun intended

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

good signing as a backup

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Silly Burrito posted:

So a yearly 80 bucks for Redzone with no other commitments? That's actually not horrible. It should be cheaper, but it's not crazy. Or just pay $15/month in September, October, November and December for $60.

still wish I could just pay to watch Bengals games

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Michael Bay confirms Chris Jones quit.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv1JZdSs15T/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I'd never seen this Hard Knocks Shannon Sharpe clip before - very funny (timestamped)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrX5g5vvU-A&t=74s

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bip Roberts posted:

Spicy Tua roll?

That’s what he learned in Jiu Jitsu

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Woozie66 posted:

Well, time to get an HDMI adapter for my tablet I guess. Sigh.

I've seen this blocked, just like screen mirroring .

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

It really sucks but I dont know why anyone would expect a social media intern to know who is going to be released and who is making the roster. They are just trying to pump out whatever content they can

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Sad King Billy posted:

I do hope the RBs are doing their best to protect their bodies IE checking down as soon as there is even a hint of a firm tackle.

Effectively work to rule, play as hard as their wages deserve.

I would love that honestly.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Kalli posted:

Huh, Willie McGinest was the last guy the Patriots took in the top 5 of the draft.

I always mix him up with Willis McGahee

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bip Roberts posted:

Is there a way to listen to bomani anymore?

not yet I dont think... I saw him tweet to stay subscribed to the old podcast and he'll be back soon but nothing has populated yet.

Also 100thing the ATN podcast. Its really good (might be weird if you've never listened before)

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
its not the NFL but go watch the Bishop Sycamore doc, BS High. Insane story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

zelda