Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Al-Saqr went from "I think I might try Kill Team" to being the OP of the 10th Edition thread.

They grow up so fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

S.J. posted:

Play a chapter that's constantly near total ruin and you never have to justify it

Or a chapter who doesn't home a poo poo like the Black Templars

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

What the hell kind of stupid rear end government makes postage between the united states and canada, two very intertwined economies, expensive?! that's insane!

I mean you've answered your own question: a stupid rear end one

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

lol I posted a giant OP about this...

But that was 14 whole pages ago!!!

:v:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

That's awesome.

If you weathered the decal more, both with dirty stains and the underlying yellow, it probably wouldn't jump out as clean and bright as it does.

But I think it's fine either way.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Some of that is because of local regulations on what is and isn't allowed (see the Canadian discussions earlier), it's just easier for GW to not have service in those regions than trying to navigate every nation'sc laws.

Also it's 2023, who doesn't have a VPN?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Kitchner posted:

My Grey Knight list has just dropped in cost by 300 points lol

Yeah I got a whole extra tank for my Armoured Company

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Grimdark is the friends we massacred along the way

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

E2M2 posted:

I know Death Guard was one of if not the worst team before they got buffed a bit, but what would a 2000 pt team look like in 10th?

Grimy.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Kitchner posted:

Thought it was the first "real" animal, thought the rest were all like mythic creatures or stylised designs.

I've not really looked too closely at the models though so maybe I just have some sort of animal blindness.

Trajan Valoris is literally wearing a lion cape.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Lostconfused posted:

It's really weird because some stuff is still accessible like whatever is in the Black Templar combat patrol or something.

Combat Patrol is free because it's an introductory thing, and the Black Templar are their own thing, although they technically can use the SM codex, they'd lost access to all of the stuff that makes them BT.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Z the IVth posted:

Is it considered modelling for advantage to give your Baneblade a 12 inch tall fire control director tower?

Yes.

But also that cuts both ways.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I feel maybe I'm alone here, but I don't like this model.

The pose is cool, but I hate the digital swirl poo poo. I know they're trying to make it look fluid and dynamic, but it just... doesn't work for me.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Beeswax is also really great for sewing with natural thread, as any reenactor could probably tell you!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Krieg bodies make great Soviets with head swaps.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

rantmo posted:

And Leaders that can only lead one unit that nobody takes. Captain Tycho is down to only being able to lead Tactical Marines and Dante can only lead Sanguinary Guard.

Dante can also lead Vanguard Veterans with Jump Packs, which still show up on the app at any rate.

But it definitely need a FAQ/update.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Cease to Hope posted:

also, they're cossacks. they definitely need a glorious cavalry countercharge, don't you think?

Reminds me, I need to paint up my cossacks.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

They've fixed the BA and other indices:

Blood Angels:
Brother Corbulo can now lead Assault Intercessors and Sternguard Veterans
Captain Tycho can now lead Assault Intercessors, Company Heroes, or Sternguard Veterans
Commander Dante can now lead Assault Intercessors with Jump Packs
Death Company Marines with Jump Packs can now be led by any Chaplain that could lead an Assault Squad with Jump Packs
Gabriel Seth can now lead Assault Intercessors, Company Heroes, or Sternguard Veterans
Sanguinary Guard can now be led by any Captain that could lead an Assault Squad with Jump Packs
Sanguinary Priest can now lead Assault Intercessors and Sternguard Veterans
Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack can now lead Assault Intercessors with Jump Packs

Dark Angels:
Asmodai can now lead Assault Intercessors, Company Heroes, or Sternguard Veterans
Azrael can now lead Company Heroes
Ezekiel can now lead Assault Intercessors, Company Heroes, or Sternguard Veterans

Deathwatch:
Corvus Blackstar: Centurions now take the space of 3 models for transport purposes
Deathwatch Veterans can now be led by any character that could lead Sternguard Veterans
Proteus Kill Team can now be led by any character that could lead Sternguard Veterans

Space Wolves
Can no longer include Apothecaries
Blood Claws can now be led by any character that could lead Assault Intercessors
Grey Hunters: Grav Gun damage changed to 2
Skyclaws can now be led by any character that could lead Assault Intercessors with Jump Packs
Wolf Guard can now be led by any character that could lead Sternguard Veterans

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

RagnarokZ posted:

Tank Commanders are subpar, a single order, can't order themselves, don't get the rules for the main weapon and then as a final "gently caress you" get to shot on death.

Lord Solar is the most cost-efficient way of ordering tanks, which absolutely sucks.

It's just an extra twist of the knife for IG players after getting a good codex just in time for it to be useless.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Like this

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

jadebullet posted:

Odd that they didn't throw anything to the Black Templars, but on the other hand the Templars aren't exactly hurting by not being able to throw a Castellan into an intercessor squad.

Yeah the BT have a whole lot of theory own unique units. They rely a lot less on the SM datasheets.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

My LGS has a punch card, you get a punch for every $10 spent, and after 10, you get $10 off (and they stack).

It's not a great discount as far as GW stuff goes, but it applies to everything in the shop.

Also I'd rather give them a little extra so I have an LGS, living in the middle of nowhere like I do.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Cooked Auto posted:

If anyone is looking for new Rough Rider models, Wargames Atlantic just put up pre-orders for the new Les Grognards Cavalry box.

https://wargamesatlantic.com/collections/demo-collection/products/les-grognards-cavalry

Always good to have choices!

I think I like Victoria's better though.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

Lucius should break in and steal his noggin.

Or Trazyn.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

rantmo posted:

I don't know the lore well enough to be able to speculate, but would DarkMech still be under the prohibition for innovation and invention? That could be another interesting way to differentiate them.

I imagine not, and they'd have their new god/demon-dude anyway.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Eediot Jedi posted:

A lot of artists making stuff for 3d printing do this, but I think it's because they're trying to make their preview images stand out, to make it look like they've put more effort in inscribing details than just called it a day at nicely rounded or flat armour.

I would honestly mind the extra detail less if they say least make things thick enough. Think little swords, spikes, and fingers are just completely useless and either warp or break way too frequently.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Virtual Russian posted:

Cross posting from painting thread

Still looking for thoughts/reassurance on painting the horse, plus general basing ideas. I've got a lot of open base to work with. I prefer really minimalist basing, but I don't want it to look unfinished. If I can find a vostroyan casualty for a reasonable price I might put that in.

Speaking of Vostroyans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGuaDv7JGt8

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

iospace posted:

First ever not press fit marine done!

Gonna prime her in the morning and go from there.

She looks great, but please drill the barrels.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

They have to make sure he can't outshine Roboute.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I really like Monument Hobbies brushes

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Super Waffle posted:

I would love to see the death of the d6 and move over to a larger die, to allow for more stat granularity and design space with models

I would too, it would give more space for lore-friendly stats. A Sister of Battle should be better at shooting than a Guardsman, but not as good as a Space Marine. Hard to do that when you've only got 6 options for numbers.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

IncredibleIgloo posted:

This would make the game better. Some other miniatures games treat off board artillery or aircraft as a purchasable ability as opposed to unit. That might work well thematically for 40k. For a certain amount of points you get a strafing run from the aircraft you want, or some fire support for a turn from the Titan. If people want to model the off board artillery/aircraft, that is fine too.

Kill Team Guardsmen get both of those exactly.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Sharkopath posted:

You'd never really run it though because the other option is 4 more guardsmen.

I do, because I like the flavor.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

jesus.

loken vs horus

nah abnett crushed it.
75%

Some of us just started it.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Yeah, specifically I meant volume 3 here, the one that literally just released.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Super Waffle posted:

Oh snap, didn't realize I had to manually update. And now I see there's a bunch of quality of life features I didn't know had been added!

Oh, yeah, the app isn't really terrible now it seems. I liked this battle bunker thing a lot.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Yeah I use my knife to make a tiny starter divot, then drill there.

And lol at "it takes a fraction of the time to paint a tiny, precise dot!" as if it takes years to drill barrels.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

atenthirtyone posted:

Are there any xenos novels that are a fun read? I read The Infinite and The Divine last year and it was easily one of my favorites.

Brutal Kunnin' and Warboss, both by Mike Brooks, plus another one coming soon.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Played my first game of 10th yesterday in our local Crusade league. My Black Templars held their own against the Votann, but ultimately lost. Still, a fun time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Celestine has a different sort of afterlife, but then she's kind of a special case.