Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Steve Yun posted:

Not reality tv but there was that time in 2020 when The Bold and the Beautiful had actors kissing mannequins because of Covid filming precautions

wasn’t WWE in front of no audiences or screens of people for a little bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/education/2024/03/25/robert-morris-university-seniors-high-school-prom-post-pandemic/stories/202403240110

RMU seniors will finally get their high school prom experience, 4 years after the pandemic

This is a cute thing for the college to do but holy gently caress this line:

reparations for years of evil life-destroying lockdowns

wow reparations white people will support

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

:qq: my treats :qq:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

We're going to see this poo poo being framed as a thing The Government did to people instead of a bad thing that happened for the rest of our lives

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

We're going to see this poo poo being framed as a thing The Government did to people instead of a bad thing that happened for the rest of our lives

covid was always just a cold, the vax killed thousands, long covid is fake and every instance of it is people who have mental illnesses from lockdowns at best and outright malingering at worse

this will be the bipartisan consensus position by the time of the 2028 presidential election

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The fact that I'm a malingering slacker doesn't change the fact that I'm suffering from long covid.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

The fact that I'm a malingering slacker doesn't change the fact that I'm suffering from long covid.

I'm prescribing you 500mg of having your food and housing taken away if you don't work

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

sonatinas posted:

That was actually kind of interesting. And they got scammed by one of those companies offering a "sterilizing" mist machine.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I didnt go to prom because that poo poo was too expensive and I was too busy working.

Where's my prom reparations?

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

sonatinas posted:

WWE had the Thunderdome of screen people, AEW had convenient access to an outdoor venue that they ran in and apparently had a good talent testing program

Animal-Mother posted:

That was actually kind of interesting. And they got scammed by one of those companies offering a "sterilizing" mist machine.

the SWORD SPRAY

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Just got the box of the $60 Auras in today!

If they're counterfeits, they're very convincing

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Is there an expiration on them? Newer ones have the Mexican regulation info on the mask too.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Only found a expiration label on the side of the box, expiring in Jan 2026 apparently, but there's nothing else on the mask from what I could see

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Wow 3 months didn't fix the biosphere??

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/peteuk7/status/1772370794645004475?s=46

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Huh. The timing is kinda suspect, what with the recent resolution passed by the UN for Palestine.

But then again maybe it is true

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

Huh. The timing is kinda suspect, what with the recent resolution passed by the UN for Palestine.

But then again maybe it is true

the idf hit him with the havana syndrome gun

bred
Oct 24, 2008
At least he's raising awareness of havana hard time.

Jizzny Princess
Aug 24, 2021

WHILE YOU WERE LEARNING TO SPELL YOUR NAME,
I WAS BEING TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
UwU
https://twitter.com/BNOFeed/status/1772423737888931958

Don't worry guys, keep drinking that milk, nothing to see here.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
nothing so inspiring of confidence as the phrase "rapidly evolving situation" lmao

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
looking forward to 20 years of americans being disallowed from giving blood

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I'm not confident in pasteurization to completely destroy all the bird flu. That's how all those poor cats in Poland got sick after eating canned chicken.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

NeonPunk posted:

I'm not confident in pasteurization to completely destroy all the bird flu. That's how all those poor cats in Poland got sick after eating canned chicken.

do you have a link? interested from the canning side of things

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

bedpan posted:

do you have a link? interested from the canning side of things

Went and checked the previous thread and I misremembered it. The original theory was canned food but later it was found to be just raw chicken breasts.

However while looking back, South Korea did found it in their canned cat food. I must had got the two event mixed up from last year.

https://twitter.com/CoronaHeadsUp/status/1686825150350606336

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

NeonPunk posted:

That sounded fascinating enough for me to search for links-- but maybe it was raw food diets?

https://www.wormsandgermsblog.com/2023/07/articles/animals/cats/h5n1-avian-flu-outbreak-in-polish-cats-a-food-link/

Lol. Efb

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/bnofeed/status/1772411406421209439?s=46

eyyyyyyy

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
*hastily withdrawing all my doom stocks from $THWAITES, yoloing into $H5N1 again*

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
a speedrunner i stream has been sick with likely COVID all week. vinny also just came back with the PAX pox. everyone just went to PAX. reports of tons of open mouth coughing there. here we go

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

maxwellhill posted:

a speedrunner i stream has been sick with likely COVID all week. vinny also just came back with the PAX pox. everyone just went to PAX. reports of tons of open mouth coughing there. here we go

I still don't get gdq loosening the mask regs, I did think those nerds who obsess over long odds would not have folded. but steaming has the vanity piece, so it was always going to happen.. sigh

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Pfft the flu? That’s basically just a Covid bro

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

maxwellhill posted:

Even if covid had been completely eradicated I can't imagine going to a gaming convention without a mask now. It's the airborne equivalent of licking a toilet seat.

I follow somebody adjacent to that crowd on the socials and they had been masked in a lot of their pics up until now, it was kinda disappointing.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

NeonPunk posted:

Went and checked the previous thread and I misremembered it. The original theory was canned food but later it was found to be just raw chicken breasts.

However while looking back, South Korea did found it in their canned cat food. I must had got the two event mixed up from last year.

https://twitter.com/CoronaHeadsUp/status/1686825150350606336

The article says the food (from a company called Nature's Raw) wasn't sterilized properly.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

can’t stop that feathery flu

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Stolen from elsewhere in cspam:

quote:

Ed Helms, who is retired, and his wife, Johnnie, moved to a gated North Georgia community that partially sits in both Dawson and Pickens counties after living in Panama City Beach, Florida.

The couple sought to leave Florida due to the threat of hurricanes, increased traffic congestion, and elevated costs, The Journal reported. And while Ed Helms has encountered new development in North Georgia, he told the newspaper that it still pales in comparison with the sort of growth that he witnessed in Florida.

"Our property insurance was going sky high," he said of Florida living. "We got tired of being unable to find a place to sit in restaurants."

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The swollen infected appendix of the USA is starting to burst.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

he was good in The Hangover

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Well, yeah. The Chinese Government.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ferdinand Bardamu posted:

he was good in The Hangover

Patriot is a spectacular show, absolutely criminal it only made two seasons

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rochallor posted:

Even if covid had been completely eradicated I can't imagine going to a gaming convention without a mask now. It's the airborne equivalent of licking a toilet seat.

toilet seats don't exchange virions with tens of thousands of people each day

it's literally better to lick a toilet seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

tbh I always figured that was a side effect of living in a city during the industrial revolution before anyone started thinking maybe everyone choking to death and dying from drinking nearby water might be bad

People tend to not give enough credit to premodern medicine, which while not really as effective as modern empirical medicine, still practiced and advocated elements of good health. Sports medicine, with an emphasis on exercise and good eating, was invented into the 5th Century. The idea of getting away and only drinking pure bodies of water dates from the Asceplia of ancient greece and beyond
People always knew to go for good water.

Then again there is only so much you can do without germ theory but still. Also helped that you didn't have capitalism forcing noxious waste on healthy populations.