Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I believe that COVID-19 is less than ideal, but that's just a me thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Bastard Tetris posted:

I will never get over how funny the duck masks are, I love them

Not the most effective mask, but still the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtrZb7gAyxg

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

10,000 jobs lost to the fires

But state tourism officials warn that as many as 10,000 jobs have been lost as a direct result of the Maui wildfires. Visitor spending losses are estimated at $1.05 million a day, and household income loss is estimated to top $535,500 a day, according to the Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism.

Seems bad, perhaps we should reconsider lighting ourselves on fire every summer.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

It took 3 years, but COVID finally caught me. Conveniently it caught me on a weekend where I was expecting to feel sluggish and hungover, so I didn't notice for a bit. It is not as mild as was advertised.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

From delta’s pilot training program

quote:

What's the average cost for the Propel Flight Academy?
The average cost for the program is approximately $84,000 training cost and an estimated $7,000 housing cost (if needed).  You will obtain all certificates and ratings necessary to earn a flight instructor job and ultimately become a Delta pilot. If you decide to join Propel by Delta, you will have the confidence in knowing your investment in your flight training is backed by a defined, accelerated timeline to a Delta career.

Why does no one want to become a pilot anymore 🤷‍♀️

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Tzen posted:

what up 3.5 crew, glad it was mild

oh you're saying it wasn't? no, it was mild you're fine.

Technically correct, I was not admitted to hospital. Still sucked nursing that fever though, first I’ve had for awhile and I do not recommend. 2/10

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

nexous posted:

quick get your guns

Trying to feed people that should be considered an actionable threat.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnIk0npINiE&t=32s

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Covok posted:

I think we have a kind of "invisible" COVID death situation. Boomers took down most trackers and ghouls want news coverage to a minimum. They realized keeping us informed meant we collectively bargained for better conditions. They can't return us all to the office so they can pump up real estste values if we fear the office collectively. However, there are loads of people invisibily dying of COVID all year around. The flu was always contained to a particular season but COVID is forever. I legit think we will experience near flatlined worldwide population growth compared to before as the virus endlessly ravages us. In time, I think it will contribute to the end of civilization.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

Not civilization ending, at least in the US, but still not great.

Fake E: Wonder what that weird artifact in the predicted numbers is over new years '21 and end of January in '22.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

that said a lot of the blame for accidents in recent years brings to the airlines for skimping out on maintenance

This part has always been true. Feel lucky that you live in a world that already learned things like "you should be careful when taking an engine off".