Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

What long covid treatments exist that are any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

fosborb posted:

still being studied. get into a study if a new one opens up

otherwise, do everything to avoid severe disease, rest lots and lots, and hope you are in the vast majority of people who did not get long covid after an infection.

Saw a super promising one for taste/smell last year with like 80+% success

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

fosborb posted:

post it?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35450527/

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

DickParasite posted:

The conventional wisdom is to rest for a month or more after recovery. No strenuous exercise or activities.

I am genuinely sorry that we don't know more.

Oh I'm fine. Just prepping for the inevitable.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Youtuber physicsgirl has a horrifying long covid case

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Tzen posted:

loving hell it's been 5 months since the last YouTube update,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vydgkCCXbTA

More like 2 months

https://youtube.com/shorts/uKmmO1KE8ew?feature=share

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

salient posted:

the epidemiology prof teaching my infectious disease outbreak investigation class just sent an announcement that she has contracted the novel coronavirus but hopes to be teaching our first class in person on monday

"Jeez doc, a hand-on practical on the first day is a bit intense, no?"

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Pingui posted:

It is possible it can cause cancer and some mechanisms have been proposed, but likely we won't know until subtypes increase. There has also been research which correlates cancer and COVID, but imho that doesn't mean much beyond cancer patients often being immunocompromised and tend to have many points of contact with hospitals.

Example of the former:
Possible cancer-causing capacity of COVID-19: Is SARS-CoV-2 an oncogenic agent?

Couldve sworn i read a 30% increase in stomach cancers (but a small decrease in head and neck cancers) being associated with covid

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

New masknerd vid for big heads

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The main character in Metallica's "One" music video actually had long covid not war injuries

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hellequin posted:

Hey so my partner is starting a new job in a few weeks where they'll have to be in the office for stretches at a time, they'll be masking but I was also wondering if anyone had some recommendations for a small, portable desktop air purifier they can bring with them.

https://sidedeal.com/deals/my-happi-true-hepa-air-purifier-7

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Plus the majority of nurses are mostly unified against any covid precautions at this point.

No idea why

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

RealityWarCriminal posted:

hope Snoo is still reasonably okay

What happened to snoo

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Bray Wyatt died from heart complications from covid

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The Oldest Man posted:

We can't take away people's choices! That's a lockdown!

Anyway masks are banned now

Next time youre sick hang out there

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

My SO and I still mask but are LDR right now. They've been slowly pushing away support systems and friends that dont mask, even though said friends are states away from them, mostly on the basis of not masking is a positive affirmation of trying to kill disabled people and people who arent able to get vaccinated.

I work in person and am N95'd up and only got sick once because I trusted family that just decided to not mask upon air travelling but I'm worried about their march to entire self-isolation. Any tips or advice?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Pingui posted:

Not sure if your issue is isolating from the specific support system or the general self-isolation.

The isolating from the specific support system I don't know how to solve, as it depends entirely on specifics and those specifics might make it something you (as the SO) should not try to solve. You know best, but tread carefully or run the risk of building resentment.

The general self-isolation is "easy" enough, in the sense that there are specific places for people whom categorically mask, like covid meetups.
How does one find covid meet ups? The website is only a little helpful and the discords are full of weird ableists and transphobic pricks. Also they get weirdly clique-y

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Fl gov making a lot of stink about not recommending getting the new vaccine. But does anyone know if they outright aren't allowing it in the state?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jort Fortress posted:

My coworker's husband had a stroke last night and isn't going to make it. They're both early 50's and were sick a few weeks ago with "not-COVID". She literally brought her 5yo old grandkid on a Teams call and let him cough into her mouth, then said "they have strep, not COVID!". :dogstare:

Of the 9 remaining managers I work with, 4 are out sick. One in particular has been out a week and IM'd that he's heading to the ER because he feels so awful. Dude is late 30's and in excellent shape, FWIW.

N95s have never been cheaper

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Covid is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

fosborb posted:

oh whoops, didn't realize this was posted in another thread