Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Pingui posted:

North Carolina hospitals having capacity problems as well (video at link).

It highlights a thing that is important when looking at hospitalization rates due to COVID, while elective surgery was out, the capacity was higher. Now that they are back, it doesn't take as much. Despite what the piece says, of course the added ~350 COVID hospitalizations are the reason they go from some capacity, to no capacity.

it can't be covid because covid is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Steve Yun posted:

all this time we’ve been getting the fake Covid?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...-caught-UK.html

get me some of that Mountain Dew COVID Red

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
oh a mosquito touched you, get over yourself

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Leana says go get vaaax immunity
soon it will protect the herd
so I can't help but be confused
when messaging becomes blurred

oh the herd is gonna be fine
will we lockdown for the first time?
oh the herd is gonna be fine
and accumulating clots in your mind

honey honey

bonus points for not making another Fuel parody

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

nexous posted:

it’s been back and forth between just ignoring it and freaking out. Another goon in the goon doctor thread really helped, he had the same thing (renal cell carcinoma) and it’s like the easiest cancer to treat so I’m not gonna die or anything it’s just very tedious waiting to do anything about it. I am quite concerned about getting Covid during the surgery tho. it’s gonna be close to see if I can get the updated booster before.

Had the same thing about a year and a half ago, took about 3 weeks to get into surgery but we're not in a major metro area. Big enough to have decent hospital services but not so big they're completely overwhelmed thankfully.

Good luck, hope it goes well for you, it did for me (so far).

In my case they took out the whole right kidney along with the softball sized tumor.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Yeah I only remotely know one person (through my wife, I haven't met them) who died of covid but we had a pet and 3 or 4 other people die of cancer during the pandemic so far. Not downplaying covid at all but cancer has been real bad in my circle.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Pingui posted:

Largest tumor ever recorded was 306 lb.

yeah he was the president

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Corrigenda posted:

My apologies, I guess I've misunderstood, but it certainly seems like you guys are making light of the reason the SAD thread was reopened, instead of taking it seriously. I don't want this thread to be gassed.

Wow, we take the SAD thread extremely seriously here and I resent you saying otherwise.

:mods:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Corrigenda posted:

I'm trans as well. If you don't see the problem in extending what has been a massive, systemic failure on the part of many parties over the course of many years, to the issues discussed above in thread regarding Paxlovid I don't know what to tell you. They are not equivalent. This thread is very confusing.

How dare you compare a massive systemic failure on the part of many parties to the US's handling of COVID and COVID therapeutics.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Oracle posted:

[snip] lots of good stuff

Thanks, lot of good info in this post.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I see we're going for the high score today.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Phigs posted:

All good.

Another COVID success story!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Just another example of the Covid thread driving posters insane.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Rated PG-34 posted:

except you’re not guaranteed to get Covid but you are guaranteed the vaccine with the mandates. never mind the disingenuous public messaging that the vaccines are perfectly safe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ah yes the totally real vaccine mandate, lol

not guarantied to get covid, lmao, we're all just staving off the inevitable as long as possible in this thread

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

nexous posted:

why do you love vaccines at this point? it was an enormous bait and switch. the mRNA tech improved nothing, caused all sorts of anti vax sentiment, and we shitcanned things like novavax because politicians wanted their Pfizer stock to go up

pretending the vaccines haven't helped at all is loving deranged

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Sorry, I'll return some of these 6 million courses I'm hoarding.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

nexous posted:

I don’t think pharmacies can reissue returned prescriptions. you better get Covid 6 million times to use it all up

So back to plan A then.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

nexous posted:

it was less of a CYA document and more of a here’s what to do thing.

admittedly I did not read it before signing cause I was having anxiety.

in case you want to doxx me here’s what I signed under coercion

edit: will repost better redacted img

should've just sucked the contrast out, now you've got to deal with this poo poo for 3 days.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Pingui posted:

Pretty grim.
"Long COVID Recovery Remains Rare. Doctors Are Struggling to Understand Why"

probably shouldn't have just let everybody get it then

:shrug:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

The Oldest Man posted:

Well that's not great since the updated booster is targeting XBB.1.5. BA.2.86 is as distinct from XBB.1.5 as XBB.1.5 was from BA.1.

Just going to repeat this cycle forever.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Walmart is launching a quick testing and treatment? program for COVID in Arkansas because of the large increase here in August: https://katv.com/news/local/walmart...alth-new-strain

The test is $133, no they don't take insurance, no they don't say in the article what kind of test or treatment.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Bastard Tetris posted:

Didn’t some TCC goon die from mixing Immodium with something?

Do not shove 100-200 Imodium up your rear end.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Asproigerosis posted:

I find it very funny seeing someone out in the wild wearing a surgical mask but dicknosing, it's such a wild whirlwind of decisions.

Also my anecdotal experience with scanning liver failure/mets so bad your liver is now just an apartment for cancer is that is one of the worst ways to slowly die.

Was in Memphis recently and saw someone at Home Depot double masked, cloth over surgical, and dick nosing. WTF are you even doing?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Rochallor posted:

Like, that's just everybody. Find me someone over the age of 18 who hasn't ever gotten covid and doesn't have any comorbidities. There's probably like 200 people total and they're all on some sort of government list to be ushered into the vaults when the nukes come. This is what people are gatekeeping so hard?

A hospital ran out of paxlovid, you think you're better than a hospital??

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Good thing she's hoarding 6M doses of paxlovid.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Steve Yun posted:

Did joe have one or two infections already

I'm only aware of the one.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Nothus posted:

They have to say that, otherwise uptake will be in the low single digits.

I'll be shocked if we break 20% this time around.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

redreader posted:

On a completely unrelated note to my friend saying there's no covid in his country, I found the latest South African data and uh. They supposedly haven't had a wave there since may last year.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/south-africa-covid-cases.html

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/south-africa

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/south-africa/

can't have waves if you don't test

bing bing bong, so simple

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

who is this? you posting randos getting covid again?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I’m willing to take the hit at this point to say maybe we should just kill all white people

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

more genocide in the covid thread

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
How many corpses is a smile worth?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Complications posted:

Hey goons, the test2treat.org site is still accepting registrations, just scroll down to the register button that they didn't disable.

website design is my passion

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

pillsburysoldier posted:

How does one find covid meet ups? The website is only a little helpful and the discords are full of weird ableists and transphobic pricks. Also they get weirdly clique-y

covid will meet you up right here:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Steve Yun posted:

a lot of comments from people connecting the dots about their recent health changes and their Covid infections

https://reddit.com/r/travel/s/AARb87cQ0s

Air quality travel peaked in 2015, lmao. This person must never have flown pre-911.

gently caress I'm old

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

SixteenShells posted:

somehow it never really sunk in until now, precisely what it means that the pharmacy is a business and thus vaccine availability is subject to market forces and the store's balance sheet. like, intellectually i knew. but now i feel it in my bones

this is america, literally everything is a business

that hospital, incorporated
that church, incorporated
that homeless shelter, incorporated
that prison, incorporated
your rear end in a top hat neighbor, probably incorporated

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Cool that posting blatant misinfo is fine. Even in 2020 or maybe 2021 they knew that surgical masks mostly protected other people (but still wasn't great) and offered very little protection to the wearer.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Somebody post the sign.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Oracle posted:

Yeah Epothex is the only one sold in the US, I got Betadine from Canada.
XClear has xylitol and a kids version and xylitol has shown to be roughly equivalent to iota carrageenan (70% reduction vs 80%) and it’s cheaper to boot and available in the US fairly widely (saw it in a local Walgreens and was surprised).

Mentioned before but xylitol is very poisonous to dogs.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Asproigerosis posted:

Weird, lots of covid patients in the ED. Anyone know what that's about?

probably nothing, don't worry about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

actionjackson posted:

Walgreens says they have the new one, going in Wednesday, though it still says COMIRNATY on their website so i'll have to double check

Just got mine at Walgreen's today and it was the updated booster, asked and the pharma tech said they can't give out the old one anymore so if you're getting a booster from them it's the new one.

e: Checked and it's listed as COMIRNATY 12+ (COVID) 23-24 SDV on my paperwork.