Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

What long covid treatments exist that are any good?

excessively comfy retirement money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Petey posted:

my blood pressure has been pretty consistently high for a few months now, 130+ SBP in medical settings, so my cardiologist had me get a home monitor to do daily tests for a few weeks, using the "five minutes of quiet and rest before a test" protocol.

the first few times it was 140+ SBP over 80-85 DBP, which is pretty high. then i started drinking 6-8oz of beet juice in the morning and it's gone down to 120- SBP over ~80-82 DBP.

it's hard to control for everything of course — food, exercise, rest, time of day, and so on. i'm sure there are many factors. i'll probably try cycling back off it and see what happens. just figured i would mention it on the endothelial health front.

This is almost as bad as my 91 year old grandma when she gets all irritated and anxious at the doctor's office.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Pingui posted:

I don't think that makes much sense within the current test and monitoring paradigm.

It might make case numbers go up and, public healthily speaking, we sure don't want that.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

cenotaph posted:

I shave my head.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

well that screenshot from outbreak sure is all the convincing i need

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That level of, I duuno, ideaological partisanship? is absolutely expected from DeSantis and Florida in general.

Also vast swaths of the middle of the country in general.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Real Mean Queen posted:

I currently have covid BUT no I don’t because lol that’s so 2020 am I right

Anyway see you tomorrow

A coworker said exactly this to me like maybe one month ago.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

quote:

The second hitch was the Supporting Ontario Recovery Act, which prohibits “almost all” COVID-related lawsuits — so long as the defendant acted in good faith and didn’t exhibit “gross” negligence.

Gotta love supporting your locale. No, not the people, just the official governing body.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

oooo those rascally government edicts directly causing covid infections

wait

anyway thanks for all the good posts Pingui

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'm also waiting it out and don't go anywhere without a mask. And to the best of my limited knowledge novavax is only slightly better this time around probably maybe. But hey might as well vary things up and time a shot closer to family gatherings.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

There's no evidence that molnupiravir caused viable mutations that help evade immunity response.

Also here's some evidence that molnupiravir caused mutations that we think wouldn't otherwise exist, with potentially heightened immunity evasion.

Are these variants circulating? Uh we don't think so, no.

Should we keep using this? Is it helping or is it hurting? :shrug:

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

nice

good timing

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

hey thats less than a million, I bet capitalism won't even notice.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

itis for months

also itis cough

very common things that have always existed

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Had thanksgiving in an aurs and other people started talking about covid with no prompting from me.

general consensus: not really a thing they think about anymore despite having lost multiple friends every single year for the past three years directly to covid and knowing a lot of people who have lost family and friends to covid every single year. wait times at the er tho grrrrrr aaaahhh

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Happy birthday to the strain that has convinced basically everyone I know that there are no new variants for the past year+

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

3 outta 5 (senses) ain't bad

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Or even paint fumes.

It's for covid though.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

drat I'm like 70 flu infections short, thats some big immunity debt

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I mean we all knew they'd rather let over 1mil americans die from a preventable disease than have extremely manageable food lines, etc, but it's nice to have it in writing even if it isn't a government release.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Pingui posted:

Normalization.

:patriot:

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

CO2 sensor? Yeah you can find it in the back room, the one with all the plants.

E: possibly my worst page snipe yet

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I open a window or two and/or turn on a fan.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Oracle posted:

Not such a great idea during fire season.

Though I am wondering if that mightn’t be a back door into better ventilation in schools. All that wildfire smoke is bad for kids! we need to improve ventilation! Less CO2= higher test scores! Covid filtering is just a happy byproduct.

I live in one of those hyper bigoted intentionally ignorant states that stopped testing and tracking statistics shortly after Florida did the same, not a place that regularly burns because of gender reveal parties or backwoods fireworks. But yeah windows may be a bad idea in counties with fire seasons.

I like the gaslighting idea though, we certainly can't get good things done with good intentions.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

IANAD but I am a dumb oklahoman and uh its covid

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

dxt posted:

Does this mean that covid makes your brain leaky or that leaky brain people are more susceptible to brain fog from covid or both?

It means covid removes the tyrannical lockdown that is your blood/brain barrier.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

My grandmother is rotating through heart pressure meds and gets a similar experience. We haven't had any terrible wait time yet but every single appointment is just 'we're going to do some blood work / an ekg / etc' and then a short message on her medical app that says 'okay heres your new meds go pick it up at walgreen and we'll check back in a month.' No real doctor appointments, discussion, or feed back.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Kragger99 posted:

Sending you good vibes Pillow. :glomp:

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I found moisture to be more annoying when there was facial hair for it to cling to, but I was doing grocery store manual labor in a mask so that might not be a problem if you have a desk job. You can just not mouth breath and it shouldn't be much of an issue.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

And the vast majority of people are going to welcome it with open arms clapping like seals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah I mean it might be a bad metapjor in the first place if there renoseals left at the time, who knows which will happen first!