Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

RealityWarCriminal posted:

goon Bruce Hussein Daddy owns one of these

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

quote:

Here’s when to keep your student home

When your child has a fever over 104°F

lol

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

lmao Augusta

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Pingui posted:

Nothing new to regulars here, but I always enjoy NYT pieces nervously tugging their collar:

Archived link: https://archive.li/RrGKy

This can't be true. I've been told many times that everyone now has immunity from vaccinations and previous exposure.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Zugzwang posted:

Fun fact, your use of the opening quote tag made this quote of your post empty too :buddy:

I think 3 seems good, since it provides a way to find the original content without taking up much space. Thanks for all the great stuff you post.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

SardonicTyrant posted:

I am now very curious to know if there was this kind of information control during the 1918 flu in america.

edit: actually scratch that, I'm curious to know how the government suppressed that

lol

quote:

So, when the 1918 Pandemic began to spread throughout the US, most authorities used the influenza’s spread as a justification for the continued usage of widespread censorship. The Public Health Commissioner of Chicago once stated, “Worry kills more people than the epidemic”, a sentiment held by many other US public health officials.

Furthermore, few contradicted the official line held by the federal government due to the restrictive measures put in place on speech and because Rupert Blue, the US Surgeon General, had said there was nothing to worry about.

https://www.graduateinstitute.ch/co...d%20censorship.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Walgreens unfucked itself

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

oops

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

lmao

quote:

The CDC responded to Seminario and the experts’ letter only now, a month later, and just before the scheduled Aug 22 meeting. The agency offered no substantive or specific rebuttal, but spoke of its dedication to “improving healthcare quality” and commitment to “to transparency, communication, and stakeholder engagement.”

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Pingui posted:

lmao at this loving headline (also added a not great nugget of info).

CDC is antivax

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

North Carolina

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

It's ok though, I don't think a lot of people live here.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

:ohdear:

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

3 to 6 months lmao

quote:

I caught it again this year on February, and ever since then it's just been reinfection after reinfection. I'm now on my 5th covid reinfection, 4 of them were throughout this year only. It seems I keep getting it every 2/3 months.

https://www.reddit.com/r/COVID19positive/comments/164fco0/reinfection_every_few_months/

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Pingui posted:

In other pandemic news:

quote:

Dengue is a disease endemic to tropical areas

This means it's over.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Insanite posted:

the widespread adoption of endemic as "harmless" is a complete mindfuck to me

It has "end" in it, it's right there :confuoot:

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Zantie posted:

So I live in Whitman county and have been complaining about the wastewater data not having been updated since Jul 28th, or right around when the university students moved back.

Well, the most recent dataset from NWSS (shown as white diamonds) just backfilled the whole month and just broke my y-axis scale so completely.

lol

Includes 2 weeks earlier

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

sullat posted:

#3 on the top, #1 on the sides and back

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Show youreself

https://twitter.com/RadCentrism/status/1698176874323800552

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Kind of weird how this year follows the line from 21-22. Probably nothing.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

lol Asheville

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

lmao whole state

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

nomad2020 posted:

. It is not as mild as was advertised.

Many people are saying this.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Pingui posted:

lmao at this headline:

quote:

Everyone should support people who choose to wear a mask, even if they look young and healthy, Schaffner added.

“Perhaps that person had someone at home who is receiving cancer chemotherapy, or they are personally immune compromised.

I guess just not wanting to get sick and risk long covid isn't a possibility.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

an owls casket posted:

I don't know if anyone else looks at the garbage clickbait news stories that pop up when you click the weather on your Taskbar in Windows, but every single Covid related story has a huge number of downvotes. I can just envision someone sitting at their computer, silently turning red as they angrily click the thumbs-down button, veins bulging dangerously out of their foreheads. Have fun at Applebee's, fuckers.

:mad:

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

lol

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Sorry, 2 more. One for the ratio and one for the headline that a million people are about to post on FB

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Soap Scum posted:

whoa, seriously? is there a graph you could post of that? (even if it omits geographic location)

IDK where Zugzwang lives but have a graph

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

e you know what I am going to stop posting this garbage

Bruce Hussein Daddy has issued a correction as of 17:25 on Sep 14, 2023

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Thoguh posted:

It's really fun trying to decide if I want to get a booster immediately in the hopes of getting some additional protection for the current wave or wait until late October so that I will still have some protection during Thanksgiving and Christmas when I'll surely have to do some spreadsheet avoidance activities. Lovely system we've got here.

:same: I have an appointment for tomorrow but I am thinking about cancelling it and waiting until mid/late October. I am about 90% WFH, don't go inside anywhere except grocery and hardware stores and obviously masked. The only constant in this bullshit is that there has always been a spike from xmas to new year, the other ones are random.

Does anyone have the old titerslastthislonggraph.jpg?

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

quote:

Scenario A:
Moderate COVID activity
Scenario B:
Moderate COVID activity

:hmmrona:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

quote:

That's exactly the end goal of the elite. They want you to be afraid to leave your house and they want you to never leave your hometown.

Resist.

lol