Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

fun hater posted:

hm. next time there's a failed domestic terrorist on the forums, could you let me know so i dont waste my time trying to help them with their stupid comic. ty

(Helping panel a farm exploding) i dont really get this one boba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I like the Sagas thread, but man... It keeps getting catfished, lol.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Red Metal posted:

she got caught in march, but she'd apparently done it at least one other time some years ago

I know that, but it came out only a couple months ago.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

This is sad and distressing, but also hilarious. Forums forever.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ol yeller posted:

her name was SPR, but its cool that your autocorrect just outed your fetish lol

lol

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Freakazoid_ posted:

small plague humiliation

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

I like the Sagas thread, but man... It keeps getting catfished, lol.

It's pretty funny, I might have to start reading it again

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
all's well that ends well

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Comedy sequels are never as good as the original

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ol yeller posted:

her name was SPR, but its cool that your autocorrect just outed your fetish lol

lmao

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I certainly didn't know that she reregged immediately. (I was a simple website coder and.....thinking about other things on 12/26/19) She got the same treatment as any other permabanned person - without any reason to look it up, she went under the radar. Given that I don't believe she actually built pipe bombs to blow things up with, when she did eventually admit to me she had reregged after clearly seeming to be in a much better place, I didn't just reflexively ban her.

I guess I was insufficiently jaded in the realities of how someone might misuse this site. I certainly wanted to believe that people who have mental health crises, even ones that are disastrous to their posting careers, can work on themselves and get themselves to a place where they can post again in the medium term. I am....no longer so optimistic after a few years of this and frankly that sucks. Clearly I made a bad call here, this mess was avoidable, but that's what it was.

So, going back to this I gotta say I don't think it was a bad call but it does suggest to me that "check when the rereg was" should possibly part of the process for these "reregged permaban turns themself in" situations because even if they're posting well again, I think reregging really quickly is still a bit of a red flag and "take a longer break away from the forum and then we'll talk" isn't exactly unfair.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I was 80% sure this was the case but like hell was I going to post that thought lol. Also didn't they make a thread a couple months ago in this very sub forum where they were having a meltdown about being accused of being Turtlicious or was that some sort of fever dream on my part

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Heath posted:

Spr also didn't have a pre-existing example of why doing that is a bad and lovely idea.

When did the spr thing even happen? Like, May? Hardly a few months ago??

it's even wilder than that. SPR's thing went down the last time we had a run of people getting terrible avatars, and it was obvious she either liked the attention and wanted some for herself, or she thought it was an effective way to own her posting enemies by framing them

but one of the people most impacted during that time was Boba herself. She even made a heartfelt statement talking about how hurt she was by SPR's actions and advocated for SPR to be perma'd because the awful knock on effects it was going to have on her and other vulnerable users

so I don't know what would be more insane: that Boba was also buying herself avatars at that time and just wasn't caught, or that she was genuinely deeply hurt by SPR's actions and yet still thought "yeah I'd like to do that myself someday"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fluffdaddy posted:

Why did they PM me today and you are randomly bringing them up here...

lmao

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

WarpDogs posted:

it's even wilder than that. SPR's thing went down the last time we had a run of people getting terrible avatars, and it was obvious she either liked the attention and wanted some for herself, or she thought it was an effective way to own her posting enemies by framing them

but one of the people most impacted during that time was Boba herself. She even made a heartfelt statement talking about how hurt she was by SPR's actions and advocated for SPR to be perma'd because the awful knock on effects it was going to have on her and other vulnerable users

so I don't know what would be more insane: that Boba was also buying herself avatars at that time and just wasn't caught, or that she was genuinely deeply hurt by SPR's actions and yet still thought "yeah I'd like to do that myself someday"

the answer is most likely that this was an extended series of literally psychotic actions and she is not currently capable of participating in these forums op. it was not rational

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

WarpDogs posted:

It really is mind bending. It's hard not to take it as completely cynical given that it was clearly done to garner sympathy and promote the comic. Given all of the above it's almost worse than when SPR did it. Especially given the posts she made about how her enemies will never own her because all it does is make her comic more successful. It's really wretched. Like wishcasting via abusive avatars, some kind of hosed up approach to magic

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
sagas thread can't stop radicalizing unstable goons into buying their own hate avatars, wow

Ohtori Akio posted:

the answer is most likely that this was an extended series of literally psychotic actions and she is not currently capable of participating in these forums op. it was not rational

yeah^

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Herstory Begins Now posted:

sagas thread can't stop radicalizing unstable goons into buying their own hate avatars, wow

yeah^

D&D: Calmest Hitler
PYF: Calmest Bin Ladin

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Heath posted:

It really is mind bending. It's hard not to take it as completely cynical given that it was clearly done to garner sympathy and promote the comic. Given all of the above it's almost worse than when SPR did it. Especially given the posts she made about how her enemies will never own her because all it does is make her comic more successful. It's really wretched. Like wishcasting via abusive avatars, some kind of hosed up approach to magic

Yeah, feels more like this. poo poo was calculating, not some ~cRaZy~ person. She may literally have psychoses, but she's also a loving rear end in a top hat.

StratGoatCom fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 25, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol at all of this

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
hurry and goldmine this before more bad posts ruin it

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

ol yeller posted:

hurry and goldmine this before more bad posts ruin it

oops too late

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

StratGoatCom posted:

Yeah, feels more like this. poo poo was calculating, not some ~cRaZy~ person.

shes literally schizophrenic big dog. this is a thing a schizophrenic person would do. thats why the illness is so dire, because it causes you to brutally burn bridges for irrational reasons

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

StratGoatCom posted:

Yeah, feels more like this. poo poo was calculating, not some ~cRaZy~ person. She may literally have psychoses, but she's also a loving rear end in a top hat.

i hope for the rest of your life you are extended the same courtesy and grace i have consistently seen you extend to others on here

also sick edit you piece of poo poo

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ohtori Akio posted:

shes literally schizophrenic big dog. this is a thing a schizophrenic person would do. thats why the illness is so dire, because it causes you to brutally burn bridges for irrational reasons

Literally schizophrenic (with some other comorbidities, iirc?) and making a lot of grandiose posts lately, including that she'd "beaten" schizophrenia, which is a huge red flag for being off-treatment and in a disordered mental state. I think there were a fair number of manipulative behaviors going on, but there was clearly also some real mental issues at play.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I don't really think it was about money. Like, yes plugging your patreon while getting doxxed by yourself is totally laughable, but lbr it must have amounted to like, a hundred dollars at most? Or at least it would require a whole nother level of delusion to think that forums drama could propel you from financial failure to success and I'm not ready to think that lowly of her.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA EVERYONE STFU!!!!!!!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I hope Boba Pearl gets the help she needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

alright. sorry i was late ol yeller