Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

the new owner is a worthless piece of poo poo and nothing will be done, again. :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Judgy Fucker posted:

We were informed Jeff had been addressing this issue for “hours” a few days ago. Any further updates?

No, and when someone asked astral if he knew anything about it when he popped up in the small questions thread the dude ghosted

I don't think jeff was ever actually working on it op

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

We have spent days on this and will be talking about it when we can. We meaning the entire admin team.

Unironically makes me a little more hopeful if people that aren't him are involved too, tbh.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

uhhhh

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Overall, here’s where this stands:
  • Avatar purchases will not be turned off, ever.
  • I will require users to log in to buy avatars.
  • I alone will have access to that information and will use it only in the case of truly heinous avatars that I would instantly permaban someone for, and only when requested by the avatar receiver.
  • If I feel demands for revealing these are being abused in any way, I will undo this change and they will go back to being anonymous.

Ignoring the rest of this this is pretty much exactly what anybody with a brain was asking for so yeah good ideas.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

docbeard posted:

But yeah I think the proposed system is good (though the part of me that can't switch off from work is screaming WHO IS JEFF'S BACKUP even knowing this isn't really that important)

Lmao same, sorry we are both broken

disaster pastor posted:

Does there need to be a backup? I might be misunderstanding why you'd want one, but the time-sensitive part is blanking the AV and a lot of people can do that. The records will still exist and Jeff can look at them and take action whenever.

No there doesn't need to be, he even points out that he is having a WorkBrain moment about a jokes website

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

ol yeller posted:

FatGuy93: Ughhh I'm so fat lol. I built a bomb in my garage. (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
ThinGuy93: I'm very thin actually lol.
Me: You just missed the Fat Guy 93 drama. Welcome also.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I legitimately had no clue boba was turt and in fact called someone a dick for insinuating it because of turt's horrific posting

turt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

ol yeller posted:

her name was SPR, but its cool that your autocorrect just outed your fetish lol

lmao