Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
The idea that the administrators cannot or should not take any emergency action because the owner is asleep is insanely bitchmade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
it does not inspire confidence that you are the one to tell us this, rather than him

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
This sucks.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Overall, here’s where this stands:
  • Avatar purchases will not be turned off, ever.
  • I will require users to log in to buy avatars.
  • I alone will have access to that information and will use it only in the case of truly heinous avatars that I would instantly permaban someone for, and only when requested by the avatar receiver.
  • If I feel demands for revealing these are being abused in any way, I will undo this change and they will go back to being anonymous.

Sounds about right. :cheers:

e:

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

apologies to Jeff, both because this sucks what the gently caress, and also because seriously examining this without comment until you're absolutely, completely sure was, in retrospect, 100% the right move

Yep. Sorry for bitching you out this one and only time Jeff.

Ohtori Akio fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 24, 2023

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Putty posted:

I've been in voice chats with both Turtlicious and Boba Pearl and checking back I'm just now realizing they sound exactly the same. This is a very very weird feeling.

lmfao

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

ol yeller posted:

her name was SPR, but its cool that your autocorrect just outed your fetish lol

lmao. goldmine

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

fun hater posted:

hm. next time there's a failed domestic terrorist on the forums, could you let me know so i dont waste my time trying to help them with their stupid comic. ty

lmfao

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

WarpDogs posted:

it's even wilder than that. SPR's thing went down the last time we had a run of people getting terrible avatars, and it was obvious she either liked the attention and wanted some for herself, or she thought it was an effective way to own her posting enemies by framing them

but one of the people most impacted during that time was Boba herself. She even made a heartfelt statement talking about how hurt she was by SPR's actions and advocated for SPR to be perma'd because the awful knock on effects it was going to have on her and other vulnerable users

so I don't know what would be more insane: that Boba was also buying herself avatars at that time and just wasn't caught, or that she was genuinely deeply hurt by SPR's actions and yet still thought "yeah I'd like to do that myself someday"

the answer is most likely that this was an extended series of literally psychotic actions and she is not currently capable of participating in these forums op. it was not rational

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

StratGoatCom posted:

Yeah, feels more like this. poo poo was calculating, not some ~cRaZy~ person.

shes literally schizophrenic big dog. this is a thing a schizophrenic person would do. thats why the illness is so dire, because it causes you to brutally burn bridges for irrational reasons