Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Medullah posted:

First thing, make sure you do the THANKYOUFOR60M code to get 6k iri shards to help you buy a new killer.

FYI - You cannot buy licensed killers with IRI shards. Guessing its because they have to give a kickback to the licensee holders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

CuddleCryptid posted:

I really hope that this is a DBD supermassive game and not a Supermassive DBD chapter. Supermassive has some good characters but an up close CYOA using all the batshit lore of DBD would be awesome.

Sackboy killer. Calling it now!

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

Relyssa posted:

I'm still bummed that VHS completely biffed it.

It almost seems that doing a balanced 4v1 is really hard.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

Watching Otz and ironically poor Dredge is just effed in this mode because he doesn't get his Nightfall visibility AND survivors can hear him coming from a naval league away.

I don't know why you think that. I just played against a Dredge and it gets stupidly dark during Nightfall.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

[CHANGE] Improved collision detection to reduce cases where The Blight slides off objects.

That's not a buff, it might even be a nerf as it might help stop hug teching.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Don't worry, the Reddit braintrust has decided this is actually a good thing, because...

- "finally they're putting stuff out for testing in a more finished condition than before"
- "finally they're fixing the performance issues I've been having in the game"
- "I'm glad they're taking their time and giving us a finished product"

Personally I'd consider "devs discover a bug on the day of the PTB launch that actually stops them, the guys who've pushed out half-functional PTBs before, from launching the PTB" a bad sign but that's just me.

This is a good thing as delay a release due to a game-breaking bug is better then trying to patch it out later.

As a life long developer, self-entailed gamers are the reason why I left corporate game development. There is no pleasing people.

You delay as the bugs are to impactful to your player-base within the release, and your player-base gets angry: "LOL DEVS loving USELESS AGAIN!"
You release with bugs and your player-base gets angry: "LOL DEVS ARE loving USELESS AGAIN!"

And you wonder why its better to just not give any roadmaps or updates until they happen. Its better not to have PTB so no one expects anything until it happens. Its literally better not to say anything at all at this point.

it sucks pulling 100 hours weeks and seeing your player base poo poo on your hard work as "not good enough" and makes the entire development process, which is already horrible, even worse.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

Kwolok posted:

Look I'm a dev too, even did game dev for a hot minute and I agree with everything you said except the 100 hour weeks. No one at behavior is doing much work at all let's be honest. Major rebalances happen once every four years and the content we do get, though decent, is somewhat paltry.

Unless they only have like five devs.

I agree. They shouldn't be in a crunch with this release, but I was being more general as, sucks so much even at 40 hours and it hurts even more when your putting in those crunch hours.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

100%. Better now than later, but a game-breaking bug being discovered when the PTB is supposed to go live is not a sign of a healthy development environment, especially when it comes hot on the tail of a conga line of lovely, broken and unfinished PTB releases and other questionable choices. There's something deeply wrong at Behaviour, possibly something as basic as bad project management which means they don't have enough time to properly test stuff in-house and are committing to features they don't have any chance of finishing properly in time.

And it certainly isn't any of the things the Reddit crowd are trying to paint this as.

(and I say this as a professional developer as well)

I.e. this post is "saying I never worked as a game developer without saying I never worked as a game developer"

This is not true at all. I cannot believe you have never had a critical bug show up during the last day of testing that slipped by your unit tests.

Also if you notice most software company have milestone releases that must happen, so you do not have infinite time to properly test stuff in-house. Like do you schedule time to fix unknown bug fixes into your sprints or something?

Just give a quick glance of any of the billion dollar software company (Microsoft, Google, and Apple) with even with the amount of money and developers dedicated to catching these bugs, 0-day hotfixes and patches. Also this only in the released software, we have no idea how many catches were done internally before the release was marked for deployment. This is why giving roadmaps or even what's in the next release to people is the problem not the software process.

With your logic there is something deeply wrong with every single software vendor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

lol Dead Hard animations are broken and survivors just T-pose when they E now.

Please leave that in.

E:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SlickBoldJuiceTheThing-wWBzP4pIMXXcQA5H

They should keep this in like this but have it extend into the full T-pose.