Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

If it's not in the same match and you can just take separate stuns, you can also always wait on a pallet to take a hit and stun them during the blood wipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I play plague too but Legion feels like special punishment by the buckle up ftp meta. I'm going to play spirit until the new no footsteps noise perk becomes meta.

Seriously something with the sound got unfucked by one of these recent patches because I'm suddenly a spirit savant again. There are times I feel I'm even stronger than nurse, especially on unhooks where i can chase wounded unhookers by their groans. Dgaf about buckle up either, ok my juice is up I'll just catch you AGAIN thanks for the free healthstate, reviving flashlight gal!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I think it's interesting how hard you guys go on teammate info in solo queue. I never take kindred, and i think i lose a hook state that i wouldn't have lost otherwise maybe 1/30 games. Doing the come get me wiggle seems to be good enough. I do like stacking survivability for BAD player choices. Out of those 30 games I'd say at least 10 (1/3) have at LEAST 1 time when i get a lovely unhook, so i like Dead Hard or Off The Record for a second chance. I find OTR covers a lot of use cases of distortion so i prefer it as an all in one.

Windows of Opportunity is probably my free bingo spot. Even at over 1000 survivor hrs i hate to admit i chain loops a lot better with it than without.

Deliverance is also immense, but particulary these days in the camping huntress meta. It also is one of the few perks that can force enough pressure on a killer to end a 3gen situation late game or guarantee an escape at the end if you've been a gen jockey and hid from the killer. It and/or Adrenaline are my endgame perk slots

But honestly, gen slamming is still the best thing you can do, so unless I'm doing missions my default tends to be windows of opportunity, deja vu, resilience, prove thyself/made for this depending on whether i wanna go all in on gen speed or better chases.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Relyssa posted:

Slapped Calm Spirit into a build, and the very next game the killer was running Ultimate Weapon. I think this one will stay in there for a while.

I hope this trend keeps up cause I'm hitting the other side of this up taking every chase i get. Using quick gambit for the first time ever!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Wow, no discount on iri chars, less of a discount on old characters than before too, plus gently caress you if you got paid currency before the event to prepare. Neat event but the greed is starting to be noticeable

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Lonjon posted:

They put out a message about the iri shards being included in the sale. Shard prices will also be discounted soon after they make a quick update.

Yay!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Otz did a video on why he thinks the game died, and this all feels very familiar to DBD players. The tl;dr is that they've added so many get out of jail for free tools for the dungeon raiders that it's nuts. They've added a rechargeable shield that completely lets you ignore any traps or enemies. They've added a feature that literally paints a path on the ground directing you to the treasure with the shortest route. They've added co-op (good!) where you can just revive your partner endlessly with no penalty, and you can also drop recharging respawn points in case you both die at the same time (bad!). It's gotten so bad that you can just go blind into a fortress someone spent countless hours tweaking, and blast through it in two minutes with zero deaths. Otz does this several times in the video! And as a result people don't bother spending a ton of time making fortresses anymore because the only way you get rewards for building dungeons is if people die repeatedly in them, and so there's nothing to play, and so the game is dead.

He literally was calling this stuff out on day 1 and the entire room was already laughing at the dead game until mods had to step in. Imagine beingq BHVR, having a free resource like otz, and pissing on it at every single opportunity.

The only fun i ever had with meet your maker after the shoe dropped after day 1 (basically the second tier of stuff you get means you don't die unless you're bad at fps games or have slow reflexes) was basically building a giant 3Dmaze with tons of optical illusions and doubled paths and dead ends that had exits into the outside of the maze that then doubled as a secondary maze. The first co op team that made it through took an hr and 4 minutes. 4 deaths only, just running around trying to exit the maze haha. After someone beat it (took me like 2 days to build) i never touched the game again why would i playing even solo raider is cake with good equips.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Been seeing more tunnelling builds. Clowns mostly, a few knights corner hooking. Let them go into ghost/pop em with bottles to catch up. Clown is especially devious because you will always be caught up with by the time your protection expires. Unless someone comes and takes a hit for you and even then sometimes. I feel like singularity could get mileage out of it too. No one runs DS anymore so most unhooks are just free. Doc probably.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

A Cool Video Game Too posted:

1400 hours is beginner, which sure when you compare that to some of the streamers with 5000+ hour it makes sense relatively but just, absorb that for a moment. Otz considers 1400 loving hours to be a beginner still! Ridiculous.

I watched an old video of myself playing killer at 800 hrs and i look like a dumb lil baby playing. I think that's one of the number one things that keeps people playing the game: the continuous improvement. Even at 2k+ hrs i consider myself a "skilled novice" at survivor and "okay" at my favorite killers (a list that's ever growing).

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Kwolok posted:

Yeah I have just over 1k hours but I've memorized every perk. Add-ons however...

Give yourself more credit! I mean I'm sure you can't tell what EXACT addons someone has but stealth and one shots are a big chunk of noticeables, and a lot of others either instantly and visibly affect the way a power works, or is stuff you learn with experience like how a blight moves or a nurse blinks. I think killer addons are easier to recognize as survivor whereas survivor addons you recognize while they gently caress you over directly as killer (mostly medkit related)

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I'm gonna be devil's advocate here and say that singularity is great, especially if you have been playing the game for a while as playing him well is completely different than any other killer. His learning curve is a nurse-like wall and you are, like every almost every other killer, completely at the mercy of the map you get but in new fun frustrating ways! It is pretty rad to not give a gently caress about getting sent to the borgo or the temple or the split mines/azarov. Hospital tile will make you want to DC when you see it. Emps barely do anything to stop you unless the survivors know how to actually use them to break chase (they do not, they'll waste them on gen watchers leaving your chase power completely free)

There is almost nothing more hilarious than survivors resetting in a corner and being podded right back before they even make it to a gen

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The Batteries Not Included nerf is silly IMO. The other nerfs I think were justified, but like Survivors already get free haste in the endgame with Hope. And I felt like Batteries Not Included was not really crazy enough that people would be running it very commonly in general as a counter pick or whatever.

Frankly i wish there were more perks to speed up, rather than slow down endgame. Give me an injured survivors are pushed out by the entity if they go beyond the gate perk. Endgame timer speed up perk. More poo poo like Terminus. Scourge perk that instakills on hook after gates are open. After the gens are done survivors really need to get the hell out and killers really need to mop up what they can.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Id like to play this new chukis tacos fella but these 20 min killer queues are the real killers of my desire to play killer.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Mr. Locke posted:

What, flashlights/pallets/Head On knocking survivors out of the killers hands not good enough for ya?

Ive been addicted to head-on and parental guidance last few days. Leave killers not knowing what the gently caress.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I like playing teabaggers when I'm playing strong chase killers with endgame perks. My personal favorite recently has been xeno. Addons are whatever you want (i usually take anti flame addons) and just the ol Blood Warden/No Way Out/Remember Me combo. I like adding Terminus to add to the endgame pressure. First, someone teabags you. You nodders tunnel them out. If others take protection hits, yaaay, now remember me and no way out get stacks. If one person is dead and at least one wounded when the last gen goes off, the rest will die.

And shoutout to that stealth chucky. I'd been trying to make work a ghetto stealth build with strobing light and silk pillow addons and monitor and abuse for cheeky moves but it never seemed to work out well. I switched monitor for trail of torment and haven't looked back. Slice and dice just works better as a chase tool than a surprise tool for me. I think one of the things that really clicked is that the hit hitbox happens before the animation even fully starts. I've gotten some real cheeky reverse sliding hits that hit a survivor on the other side of a doorway but the animation was of it hitting the doorway and bouncing like a missed hit.

Ever since they nerfed chuckys slice and dice angles i thought people would go back to xeno but I feel i see more demos than xenos. Xeno feels v oppressive in chase, mobility around map is great. Flamethrowers mean little. Meanwhile demos mobility can be messed with and the swipe is no tail. Happy to see it tbh, just surprising.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

No one other than streamers is sitting around with tons of auric cells in their inventory, so idk who this is really aimed at, i can't imagine the same community that's been buying the things they want to buy for like 8 yrs is going to be excited to gamba for it now

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Original chapter up next aka get up to 16k shards and stop playing till march

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Hello, i am a skull merchant hater. The chapter obviously came out as cut predator content at a time when the game screamed (only slightly less loud than today) to stop putting out new content and fix the old stuff and then was released anyways in a stupid state, with a stupid walk animation, what was at the time the worst possible chase music, an incredibly annoying playstyle, a storyline so incredibly stupid it had to have been brainstormed by a literal six year old (kite flying, dark mangas, THWACK!) and all throughout BHVR continued to gaslight everyone and tell them no no this is what we meant to create there is no cut predator chapter.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Tiny Myers posted:

For what it's worth, kite fighting is an extremely popular thing in Brazil. Brazil also has a massive Japanese community - the largest Japanese community outside of Japan (1.5 million people), in fact - and anime/manga is extremely popular in Brazil, much like a lot of Latin America. I have an artist friend born and raised in Brazil and there's a huge indie artist scene. Like, the elements of her backstory are absolutely real things that exist and this was an attempt to create Brazilian characters grounded in authentic Brazilian culture from someone who put time into researching it, rather than Overwatch which was like, "what if we cast a guy who doesn't know a lick of Portuguese and hastily rewrite a character into a Brazilian backstory while giving him no cultural trappings of that and the most insanely common Brazilian last name possible"

I'm not saying the backstory isn't kind of incoherent in the sense that it ultimately reads like a rambling first draft that goes on way too long - the elements are there, but ultimately very disorganized and they don't flow well in a way that feels logical and natural. But it isn't like saying "oh, those world famous Florida bobsleds" or something totally random like people make the DARK MANGAS part out to be. Just because the average non-Brazilian isn't familiar with these aspects of Brazilian culture doesn't mean they aren't absolutely a thing.

People should make less of a big deal about the dark mangas and more of a big deal about what a huge loving goober Skerchant is that she's a rich bitch and what she decided to do with that was literally cosplay some grimdark anime bullshit and go around killing people in it. What a dork. Like the equivalent of some millionaire dressing up as Lucy from Elfen Lied then killing for fun because she thinks it's unironically badass. I wish they'd leaned into how unbelievably stupid and funny that is, it owns.

I know a tiny bit about Brazil, and the fact that they hid it behind some genuine representation is even shittier to me, it's, like you say, not the florida bobsled part that's the problem it's that it's babbys first google search on brazilian culture notes attached to repurposed native characters that makes the entire thing feel real slimy. Jetstream Sam vs Thalita and Renato, and the guy named Jetstream is the believable one. Thank you for giving me a platform to air out my skull merchant grievances i refuse to engage with that chapter as much as possible whether thru chars or perks.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

As a console oni enjoyer who can't do insane flicks (console max is about 90 degrees far as i can tell) even though you can't quite do the same demon run hits you can still git good enough to get hits on 90 degree angle walls, you still shred thru pallets, you still have 50/50s that can down healthy survivors at a pallet, and your skillset is still, as otz put it so well, such as when you have your power survivors can put themselves in an unwinnable situation quick. About half my oni matches end with a slugged team at 2 gens when I'm at 4 hooks because a downed rescuer/hooked survivor/have power up combo means that unless the other 2 players are communicating on a team or are very experienced, i win.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Medullah posted:

I can barely do demon dishes with a gaming mouse with toggled DPI on my PC, you're a mad lad for doing console good lord

I used to think so too, hell i think i even posted about it ages ago. Playing lots of chucky, who has a way more generous (console level) flick window has definitely upped my oni game. It's nowhere near as good as PC, just good enough that the gap isn't so huge i never want to play the killer.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I think just no one is really playing or if they are, not paying much attention. I've been raking in the killer bloodpoints last few days too, playing hard cause I'm used to hard survivors, but every game it seemed i either won at 4 gens or got 1k with like 8 hooks. Not going out of my way to tunnel unless i have nothing better to do but still end up tunneling quite a bit as a result anyways because people seem to be playing real greedy. Lots of flashies, unsafe unhooks, yolo plays. Nowhere near as many 3/4 person swfs.

The internet vibe seemed to be kinda cold on wake, off the backs of nick cage/alien/chucky there's apparently a lot of hate towards ol Alan. I like remedy stuff and got enough auric to get him anyways but his perks are a wet fart so that won't push any dlc.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

L.U.I.G.I posted:

No One Escape Death my beloved. It has saved me a few end-game kill. Just like spanish inquisition, no one except it.

I was laughing when i saw otz tier list this time around because 90 percent of the killers i play for fun were A-B, and as a result of that i tend to go either hard on the no heals or a full endgame build because all the real strong chase killers (and even the new strong like xeno and chucky) basically finish most of their games at 5 gen and stomping gets old for me after a couple of matches.

On the no heals I've been running distressing/coulrophobia/sloppy b and SEPTIC TOUCH as my anti tunnelling perk, ensuring i can get a hit on the healer.

On wesker and oni i might as well be playing Plague or Legion, no one bothers healing until endgame. On oni it's especially hilarious because it basically always lets you save your special for whoever dares to heal.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

khy posted:

I want Nowhere to Hide, but I don't own knight yet. Hoping to get it from Shrine sometime or maybe pick up Knight if his chapter goes on sale again soon.

The game recently got its old chapters consolidated into basically half off so that can be a thrifty way to fill in some old slots. The big dbd sales are usually halloween and Christmas when most everything but the newest chapter is 50% off. If you enjoy the game and play a lot, you can always just buy the original killers/survivors with shards if you decide you're in it for the long haul and only spend aurics on sale killers to maximize your bang for the buck. It can also be worth saving your shards to buy everything you can get your hands on in a Halloween sale, especially as july-august hit. In ancient times they would do discounts on auric purchases but they no longer do that. They DO give out items now, fwiw, sometimes with your auric cell purchase so you may wish to wait for a time they're doing that.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Diabetic posted:

It feels like that yes it would, but they can't have a team divided off to do this?

Even under best practices, you can't really create 2 development forks and then bring them together. And then there's DBD's infamously spaghetti code where fixing footsteps sounds leads to clipping errors.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Tormented posted:

It almost seems that doing a balanced 4v1 is really hard.

I think you can't balance a 4v1 where you have to go head to head as the objective properly.

I think you can balance any number vs any number so long as both sides have their own objectives to complete with the chases/killing being a part of objective fuckery as opposed to the point itself. That allows you to move the balance goalposts around using things you can control like gen speed values and a hypothetical killer objective value (say, close the gates forever, an instant win for the killer) and have the player skill expression manifest in controlling said values through winning or losing chases.

For DBD this means that either players never die, the game instead being balanced for an always 4 v 1 with the killer having their own objective, or tying gens to players. Each player may only complete 1.25 gens before they can't do gens anymore, and when a player dies if they still have gen juice it gets distributed to the remaining players who get it and the speed bonus for the duration of the extra percentage. The killer ALSO gets this boost for THEIR objective to maintain the balance. This also sidesteps the tedious aspects of both being in a 2v1 with 3 gens to go and know you're eventually hosed AND the come chase me to the gate behaviors which are the shittiest parts of losing as either side (knowing you can do nothing to win but being forced to play forward anyways)

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

curiousTerminal posted:

The previous effect these has were 40 and 60 seconds of hemorrhage, for the record.

Ah, they did say they're looking to rework something about hemorrhage and the like so this is probably part of that pass.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's me, the sucker. I bought the Dredge skin.

I said to myself no WAY id ever spend fifteen yoo ess dollars on a loving videogame skin and for years I scoffed and derided the concept of spending money for cosmetics and i still believe that but with the asterisk of i did get the Tiffany skin tho. Entity gets everyone in the end...

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Tiny Myers posted:

Had a game against a Clown doing Rancor Roulette (Rancor+Nemesis) and he was struggling a bit to get hooks. My friend purposely gets a stun right after I pop the last gen, thus becoming Obsession, then leads him to a good mori location and Plot Twists. The Clown, slightly confused at the survivor now prostrated before him, goes ahead and moris him. I run in and teabag raucuously during the animation, of course, then gesture to Clown and bring him to a pallet to bonk him so it's my turn and I can get killed on top of my friend's corpse.

The other two teammates (who escaped just fine because of this situation) were probably slightly confused but I hope Clown appreciated it and got his 2 Obsession Kills archive. :v:

Whats it like being an angel, dang?

No matter how tilted I've ever been, I've never bonked a survivor (on purpose) until they finished a rift, whether current event or doing archives while playing killer. It seemed so massively pointless and petty. Just wait and bonk after.

Can you guess, using this mentality, how many times I've gone in front of a killer willingly offering myself just so i can finish some dumb rift, only to get bonked as soon as the killer reaches me? 4/5.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

curiousTerminal posted:

Used improperly Windows will have you beeline from pallet to pallet on chase 1 and waste all the map resources at once. Used improperly Distortion will kill your teammates because you won't take pressure or communicate to them when to hide.

I'm bad at running, so I use Distortion to make sure I'm taking pressure in the midgame when it's less valuable to hook someone new. I've seen SO many soloQ teammates use it to fully avoid the killer and get my teammates killed without so much as getting seen.

There isn't really a wrong way of using windows because like you said, if you're bad and can't loop regardless you can just go knock it down and run to the next one. Either way you're still taking more time from the killer than they would have otherwise and good players are going to loop to better tiles using downed pallets anyways so it's not that bad if you're not getting downed and are wasting the killers time.

Distortion i cant speak for because i feel i get far more value out of Off The Record for staying away from the killer (being hidden for the duration while finding a heal/healing/going for cheeky rescues/finishing a critical gen) and then being visible after when I'm in better condition to take a chase.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Tiny Myers posted:

Yeah I'm definitely with curiousTerminal on this one. I never took Windows and I've definitely felt myself memorizing pallet locations and spawn patterns through brute force as a result, even if it meant getting downed a lot. But I kind of regret not using it earlier at least sometimes to mentally acclimate myself to their spawn patterns in an easier way. That said, I do feel like using it all the time might've prevented me from memorizing them more thoroughly. And I can definitely see how it would've encouraged bad habits.

When I finally put it on, though (I had an archive for doing chases with Windows or something) it was kind of insane how much better it made me suddenly.

I went thru almost the same history. My first thousand hours, i never used the *crutch*. Then i tried it on and i almost never take it off now, another 1k hrs later because any time I'm chased i can plan my big loops around multiple tiles and the sheer value i get in chase every game is unmatched. I am like low-med in loop skill tho so i do try to take all the practice i can get.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Hell yeah Artist. Artist and Plague are like my favorite killers that i barely ever touch these days. I've been playing lot of chucky (tiff). I was once poo poo at steering their power but now I've started to get hits more often; getting the good sense of when to use it in chase, when to threaten and cancel it to corral, and as a result my chases are getting stronger and faster.

I still think that the tiny size is by far the strongest power, not only does it make your mindgames much more reliable, it combos with stealth in almost unfair feeling ways. Billy, slinger, pyramid head etc can proxyface camp you with impunity, but you know what's going on, you can see the setup.

You can hide an Insidious Chucky anywhere.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Relyssa posted:

Strength in Shadows owns. If nothing else it's been excellent motivation to finally internalize all the basement locations. Also after running into killers running Ultimate Weapon at least 5 games in a row I'm back to running calm spirit and distortion. Yes, I know CS is a garbage perk. I don't care, I'm sick of the scream builds.

I actually really like Calm Spirit as an addition to stealthy builds, it shores up a lot of weaknesses of other stealth perks. Particularly i like it with Parental Guidance, Iron Will, Lightweight, basically a lot of places where you're given up by crows as you try to run from a killer. I defended cs before UW tho. Being able to also do totems/chests quietly can come clutch in a pinch. Pairs well with a lot, counters some meta perks there, has bunches of side mini perks. CS is good imo.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

To yall distortion enjoyers, how many matches do you think you get maximum value out of it, and how do you feel once it runs out? I just cant bring myself to trade otr for it.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

rydiafan posted:

Distortion never runs out, except against Mirror Myers. The refill in terror radius mechanic is very generous.

See i did not realize that. Thanks.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I am a distortion convert now. Goodbye otr, hello distortion.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

CuddleCryptid posted:

The smart thing would be to just skip a chapter, take the hit, and use that time to create a chapter and a half while the code monkeys hit things with wrenches until the pressure releases. But I don't know their financial situation and if they can take that. I would hope they could but I don't make any assumptions anymore.

It's been years of calling for the great untangling of the spaghetti code, and the last time that drum was banged hard was 2 (3?) years ago when the game was just broken on console for like 4-6 months depending on which issues plagued you. And devs were even gaslighting people then. I havent played in a couple of months but poo poo looks as broken as it was during that summer now from the twitter clips I've seen.

In the game I'm spending my time in these days, a few characters were able to take advantage of an enviromental mechanic to get more dmg then others could so the devs made a mechanical change that ended up affecting everyone negatively and while nerfing the op characters, lowering everyone elses potential too. Did the devs double down? Did they insist it was the vision or how things are "supposed to run"? No, they reverted the sweeping mechanical change and made individual adjustments on the op properties of the specific characters instead. It's kinda funny how little respect DBDs devs have towards its playerbase, especially people like otz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

The real Kwolok analogue is Stux. Correct takes delivered in the most frictionally annoying (for stux) or depressive/hopeless (for Kwolok) ways possible but it also shows who is too heated to get the message when they focus on the messengers and don't address the message which is typically correct. (especially with stux lmaooo) Kwolok is that much of a downer because they see poo poo for what they it is and call it out accordingly. People may not like or agree with how they say poo poo, and certainly don't understand their perspective when they're putting out so much friction, but they're usually right. Don't @ me, IYKYK.