Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I went through every system east of Poitot after coming in through Reblier and I think I saw maybe a dozen other players. I didn't go into the pocket that last I remember Eve Uni staged out of

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Rhymenoserous posted:

It’s not reasonable for a person to not be allowed to say “that’s my wife or husbands picture on my desk” and then be able to handle the follow up questions you asocial weirdo.

Reminds me of when this math teacher at my high school had a whole PowerPoint presentation for the class after Valentine’s Day about what he did for his wife, a fellow teacher at the same school , and how much he loved her. Completely inappropriate and on its own bizarre. Then he got caught with a student a few weeks later and disappeared with her. It was a little shocking as he was big on social media and had a whole youtube channel on teaching math that’s still up. I heard rumors that someone found him and he ended up marrying the student and became a postal worker.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Baculus posted:

are you here for the shitposting or the eve posting?

I try to remain strategically ambiguous at all times.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

I honestly had little to contribute on the matter, but in that survey that CCP sent out I suggested they create or promote women’s only spaces. I hadn’t been involved in Gamer groups for a while until I started EVE and all the drama I’m being exposed to and stuff I read about is eye opening. I feel like Forest Gump and have experienced a lot of stuff in my life, but some of this EVE stuff to me is outlandish and I think there’s little hope people can change.

For example, I was shocked when I was doing research and stumbled upon the old Ms. EVE-RU beauty contests. I understand it was meant in good humor and the culture there might make it more acceptable, but it was just off putting to me. I like messing around in video games, I like competing with people and occasionally trash talking, but it’s makes me uneasy what some people are being exposed to in a game about spaceships.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
It's about to get steamy

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
I guess this was well known, but I just found out that you can get blueprints with 20% Material Efficiency from COSMOS sites. Gives me a reason to finally build things myself.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

psilocybin laden posted:

heres my shitpost for the day

Remove damage caps, add new tiers of defensive fittings.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
In addition to corp emblems they should add corp effects. Like the emergency responder effect with whatever skin you want, so it’s easier to identity friendly ships if the all have the same flair.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

notaspy posted:

Pandafam is now official instead of being a collation of convenience?

I think Starfleet Commander was just a little salty and rage updated sov.space

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The server not deleting all the clones sure seems like a bug, I hope he petitions it

Hard to tell what’s a bug and what’s a feature of Tidi and other load balancing. I’m writing down that most recent clones go first if it ever becomes relevant.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
I wonder how many irreplaceable implants were lost such as the “consul” series or Poteque

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

:heritage:

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

andromache posted:

So now we pay taxes

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

CainFortea posted:

"Bring back helldump."

In the description box. :D

So this new shooter part of Eve, is it gonna be like Dust where there's interaction between the two? Or is it just COD in Eve universe?

It seems to be closely integrated in the backend, but it remains to be seen/decided if they will have orbital bombardment, effects on fw, or some of the stuff they promised with Project legion (Upgrade of dust similar to RuneScape 1 ->2) . I.e. warbarges and integrated economy.

So far it games will use the same launchers and accounts with vanguard toon being 4th slot and there’s some nda stuff that implies further crossover

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

ClCADA posted:

I’m not one to put RL value on anything in game even though you know it. But, I wonder what the RL sentence would look like if you stole ~20K in RL assets lol

https://www.engadget.com/2012-01-31-dutch-supreme-court-declares-runescape-theft-a-real-world-crime.html

Of course how they stole it is a very different situation

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Elukka posted:

There was a predetermined number of systems that would be flipped, but I don't think that killed anything? It makes a pretty big difference whether it's Niarja or some random system in Aridia that got taken away.

Serenity also had a different invasion route and targets, and the results were synced between the servers. Most of the EDENCOM systems are a result of Serenity.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Querns Hardpoint

I was trying to make a list of special grandfathered structures recently and my attention came to J211000 and the fact that cores have a 100% drop rate. I’m not sure the of the benefits of having a Sotiyo or Keepstar in a C4 of below but it’s definitely something that flew under my radar as I wouldn’t expect a new keep to be built in a C2 from a safe logged core. With Querns and all the rest I’m not sure how much utility will actually come of it.

Side note I also realized you can still deploy mobile siphon units and there is some shenanigans to be had even with POS mining gone.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Also please don't riff on Mitani unless your furniture is 8/10 men on the furniture for men scale

I dm’d Mittani for a referral code for EVE on Discord and he never responded. Therefore he should be forever permabanned and consigned to the Wheel of Pain while I continue to post cover so my spai alts don’t get discovered.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Tacticool Owl posted:

Looking at my 2005 character's creation date is a cognitohazard to me now.

WTB Minmatar Vherokior Retailer or toon with Black Market Trading

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Erulisse posted:

id sell my 2005 clean corp history 6m sp first eve trial
if i ever knew which background i took back then
but also lmao its bugged and showing "9 months" now

or if i ever got the opportunity to pay for char transfer

loving same. and the trolling
"oh lol you died? haha heres your new pod, idiot"

You can check the character sheet, Black Market Trading shows up like any other skill though some third party apps that use ESI don’t display it.

First, lowball offer for it would be 20 bill for a starter account with 6 mill.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Erulisse posted:

Eh, sadly don't have it :(
Any chance you know a ballpark for my almost 18 year old clean corp history character?
drat its almost legal, thank gently caress its not a human that would sue me for abandoning him after birth or something

Depends on PLEX price, but 5-6B. Normally, it’s just extraction value, cool names, or fame.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

ZombieLenin posted:

I keep seeing people wanting characters with black market trading. I had one once that I biomassed more than a decade ago, and I kind of wish I didn't now...

But I have to ask as a bitter vet, what possible use does that skill have now? As I recall it was used for "drug smuggling," which... are illegal NPC drugs even still a thing?

I'm authentically curious why this skill is in such a high demand.

To be 100% transparent I’m not sure. It does work, but in an unexpected way. There are some missions where you need to move contraband like https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/New_Slaves , but faction police have been nerfed and you can use a cloaky ship. Small chance it is required for a COSMOS mission, shortcut, or “mini-professions” site. A lot of those are still disabled, but I’ve found some forgotten and “new” content. I’ve also done some research into supposedly cut content like level 5 distributions missions that might be accessible and Black Market would make some of these missions a lot easier if they are the same as the info I have. Also, some people are completionists and want the 4 obsolete skills.

Also rare things like these can easily have their price manipulated. You can take some random old item and highlight an old use to raise the price like say buying up mobile siphon units and then telling everyone the uses they still have. Or pointing out rare stuff that’s not listed on the market like Hellhound I drones.

I remember that someone even deleted any public mention of how to get the Yan Jung items which are best in class for Alphas, from all the public sites and wikis just so they could corner the market.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Furnok Dorn posted:

bills the only person on the planet who managed to load bullets backwards into a gun and still shoot himself in the foot with it

Must have been one of those scary bullpups. Too confusing to issue to the average Joe.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Project Awakening is also launching apparently if people managed to get into that crypto/Blockchain weird arse game test.
Strange that they're both at the same time, no?

Board game and mobile 4X is on the way as well.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

bozwell posted:

I think there's promise and it's not "bad", but it's definitely very early in the development cycle and it's hard to even say what the game will be like in terms of replayability, progression, and so on. Getting matched with random pubbies who weren't using PTT made it less of a survival game and more of a "kill me now" experience; I had one guy slurping out of a big gulp the entire match and the other guy was carrying on a conversation on discord that I got to hear half of. I can't see myself playing it more than a few rounds in the present state but interested to see what they do with it and how they gently caress it up.

Most don’t realize there is no push to talk.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Anyone want to loan me an Azariel BPC? Just About has a $12 bounty.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
The Chinese servers get all the cool skins

https://evepc.163.com/shuguang/news/official/20231207/37751_1124389.html

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Arishtat posted:

Kill all MBAs.

:berninator:

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

andromache posted:

You bought Tyrfings at 16mil and sold Tyrfings at 25mil. Whether or not they are the same Tyrfings is immaterial per the policy thread. I asked you in discord what was up with it on December 2nd, to which you never responded. So I guess you've been just... paying... the broker fee penalty this entire time? l o l.

I mean... that's on you buddy. The alliance appreciates your donation to the swarm I guess. Feel free to continue to do so until March when your sentence expires.

This is the full list of goonfucker ACL penalties by the way:
  • Charges 100mil for Corporation Offices (10mil is normal)
  • Charges 10mil for Clones (0 is normal)
  • Applies a 10% tax to all Industry activities (.25% is normal)
  • Applies a 11.5% tax to all Market activities (2% is normal)
  • Applies a 50% tax to all Reprocessing activities (5% is normal)
  • Charges 500isk per unit of liquid ozone on jump bridges (150 is normal)

:gooncamp:

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Looking for AG6 team. I’m the best F1 muppet around.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

salartarium posted:

Looking for AG6 team. I’m the best F1 muppet around.

Looks like the Horde tourney team lurks here

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Someone should start a rank boosting service like what they have in Counter Strike.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eqzZCmsxNRUi_NLhSemu5Hr8YgvB4pQ0jVx4UDE5wnU/edit#gid=140902590

At least I’m not copper.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
I keep my ear to the ground for drama and I hear Warp To Me Incursions is taking action against The Ditanian Fleet for hiring gankers to target the other public incursions fleets. It’s interesting how incursions groups are relatively so well organized yet implode regularly.

Links for the interested:
https://t-d-f.one/
https://forums.warptome.net/

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
I’m having fun with the bounty hunting system on Thunderdome. Wish they could add it back to Tranquility but all the null blobbers would complain about TiDi.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Wibla posted:

They could have rolled 1DQ the first week, but didn't.

They did leave Init as poor and bankrupt as Test though.

I think the two groups that really proved themselves were Dracarys and Frat. FRT for having somewhat competent leadership and managing to not take out war bonds to fund a super cap fleet that jumps to the wrong beacon after the rug pull retreat.

Dracarys for having sheer grit to hold on to their own space even though it’s overlooked and being infinitely more reputable than Siberian Squads and Ranger Regiment.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
If anyone wants some care bear drama. Director AAR is set to members and alumni only.

“ 🗒️ **WHC AAR Readers Collection** 🗒️

With the Director AAR now being published it has been brought to my attention that a one-stop collection point for all the AARs touching on the WHC eviction shortly before Christmas would not be a bad idea, hence this soft-ping.

- *Director AAR*: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=128420 More than just an AAR, it is also sort of a State of the Uni report, I would personally suggest that everyone reads it even if they are not interested in the WHC side of things. It is long, yes, but worthwhile. Also make sure to check the comments, time permitting

- *FC Team AAR*: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=186&t=128386 Written by Gideon and the FC Team, it provides a strategic overview of the eviction and the surrounding timeframe

- *Last Stand AAR*: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=186&t=128251 The boots-on-the-ground AAR by Archemide who was FC for the last stand during the hull timer of The Rock, it also includes a link to a video of the fleet itself

Other AARs and discussions:

- *Friendly Pitchfork Rally*: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=128372 A discussion event held by members of the WHC and organized by Professor Academiac to have a grassroots discussion about the WHC eviction, the future of WHC and events surrounding it. The summary will be up soon

- *White 0rchid's/Lonez' Open Letter*: <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_c0Sgpnj9P3dUNhwX6tHmEVLoKCQhdd-evA-Cal8d6c/edit#heading=h.31oodaast7qv> An AAR/open letter that predates the official ones above and also goes into the past, present and possible future of the WHC

- *Arps'/Zeeroak's podcast*: <https://declarationsofwar.com/269-grinches/> one of EVE's longest running podcasts where Zeeroak gives a recounting of the WHC eviction and lessons learned, it predates some of the AARs

And there you are, if you haven't done so already, you have a lot of reading ahead! 😇”

salartarium fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 23, 2024

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

EVE Uni WHC is unprepared and failscades against Ugandan Death Squad. After a few days, people go on a witch hunt and blame the alumni in the Opfor Fleet for leaving the campus a mess after they left. They focus on a former FC whose father is a current director and blame his incompetence and his denying that his daughter was a super secret spai as further evidence of his crimes. Everyone makes their own AAR before they can figure out what went on.

Recommendation by Director is that they don't put 2 trillion in a hole before they figure out how to form a QRF to gain hole control.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Cenodoxus posted:

Every time I start missing eve: online I log in and then I stop missing it.

Also, just got an email from CCP advertising, quite literally, eve: offline

Plastic spaceships are serious business

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Might throw in $9 just to get the custom EVE dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
If you guys haven’t gotten a jump start, the new mobile game is out if you change your region
https://www.evegalaxyconquest.com/