Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

noted. i will begin using reports more heavily. and its deadly loving serious. livesi are on the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Runa posted:

Didn't think people were reporting Dongicus, thought most people would just chuckle and move on with the convo. he was the only person who seemed to care about subs vs dubs these days and it seemed like a pretty benign bit

Would not have taken any action at all if people weren't. I was a bit trigger-happy early on but these days I wouldn't take a moderation action on something I saw myself unless it was really bad, and almost nothing's really bad. It's more like - we all want threads to keep rolling and conversations to keep happening. And if someone's posting just to be lovely or to try to start arguments in a thread that doesn't seem to enjoy that, then we should probably try to intervene so the thread can continue. It's not a huge deal though and if Dongicus wants to go post in the Yakuza thread again and talk about the game I will not be throwing him in jail or anything. Probably coulda worded the probation reason more mildly.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Stux posted:

noted. i will begin using reports more heavily. and its deadly loving serious. livesi are on the line.

thank you

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Would not have taken any action at all if people weren't. I was a bit trigger-happy early on but these days I wouldn't take a moderation action on something I saw myself unless it was really bad, and almost nothing's really bad. It's more like - we all want threads to keep rolling and conversations to keep happening. And if someone's posting just to be lovely or to try to start arguments in a thread that doesn't seem to enjoy that, then we should probably try to intervene so the thread can continue. It's not a huge deal though and if Dongicus wants to go post in the Yakuza thread again and talk about the game I will not be throwing him in jail or anything. Probably coulda worded the probation reason more mildly.

that's reasonable, thanks hopperUK

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
in the dub they call her jumperUS

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

in the dub they call her jumperUS

eeeh sou desuka???

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hey

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
superb timing

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Unconnected to that conversation, but yeah

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

can you rename "controller thread" "Controller debate and Steam Input discussion thread" or similar please?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4032643

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Mescal posted:

can you rename "controller thread" "Controller debate and Steam Input discussion thread" or similar please?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4032643

Done! If you or anyone else thinks of a better title for this or any thread, report a post in the thread or post here and we'll change it. I'll always change a thread title on request if it isn't offensive or something and I expect the other mods will too.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Having finally beaten Xenoblade 2 I was surprised they didn't make the Grampa in the gang a pervert, a la Master Roshi. The gang already has a pervert, so it would have been redundant.

Edit: Too far.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Xenoblade 2 Chapter 4: The game has had its inevitable bathhouse scene, and we now know the leading lady's clothes aren't attached to her, so really she chooses to dress like a stripper who got lost in a curtain factory.

The quest where Rex gets pickpocketed by a gang of orphans feels really tone deaf. Putting them into child labour sounds like a joke.

I'm told that the game remembers its a Xenoblade sequel after this chapter, and Tora loses all plot significance after this point, so you can just bench him since the party's bigger.

i dunno if this fits the scope of this thread but every single one of this posters posts in the rpg thread are total rear end and suck poo poo to read.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
for reference since the top quote doesnt capture whats especially egregious about that post, before it was edited out it had a really awesome incest joke in it

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
:stare:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

for reference since the top quote doesnt capture whats especially egregious about that post, before it was edited out it had a really awesome incest joke in it

lol *serious tone* destroy them

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
drat those are some bad posts.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

i haven't played xenoblade 2 so i cannot judge

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

yeah by the time i posted they already edited the real bad part out and the quote link wouldn't have shown it.....

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

What in the holy heck

I shall go have a look, thanks buds

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Meh meh meh meh

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Leal posted:

lol *serious tone* destroy them

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Thanks to the folks who reported too - it would have been looked at but nothing wrong with posting in here if you're concerned about anything. That said, please let's not make this thread the 'dunking on a guy' zone.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Instead of dunking on a guy, lets watch Dunkey's video on Xenoblade 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiVZMxf4E2Q

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what the gently caress is the deal with that hopperuk guy. we should kick her rear end

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

what the gently caress is the deal with that hopperuk guy. we should kick her rear end

wait no don't!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leal posted:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
a master roshi style pervert

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Feels Villeneuve posted:

been saying this

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Leal posted:

lol

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Can we all just get along and wish Gamemasteranthony a happy birthday?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Scholtz posted:

:toot:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Scholtz posted:

been saying this

oh no

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
who is the guy in the middle of the game master's sig?

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Looper posted:

who is the guy in the middle of the game master's sig?

thats game master anthony

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
woah

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Scholtz posted:

Adding this to my holiday calendar.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s his 50th next year…

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Jay Rust posted:

It’s his 50th next year…

Promoted from gamemaster to gamelegend

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
lameasster anphony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You can't say that about the Gamemaster