Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hi. the final fantasy thread descended into a bunch of really gross sex jokes about steiner cutting his dick off and loving flesh lights and poo poo. the thread's title is also a joke about the hypothetical blowjob skills of a 17 year old. id prefer if neither of these things were the case. thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i do think the guy with a history of making uncomfortable sex jokes should get a sixer every time he makes an uncomfortable sex joke, at the very least

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

didnt he lose his mod powers because he couldnt stop talking about loving pokemon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

extremely excited to have a post about vivi, noted 9 year old's, wang, or lack thereof

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HopperUK posted:

I mean we don't plan to let anyone post Like That going forward. I hope not anyway. Ugh.
every single time some dude does somethin weird its all 'we dont play to let this happen going forward.'

its literally a sixer. i dont want him executed. i dont even think hes actually a sexcreep i think hes just terminally unfunny and has no idea what is and isnt appropriate. a sixer would help rein him in. whats the problem.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

stux gets probated constantly for yelling about nintendo games but a dude consistently makes everyone uncomfortable and sueddenly its all wringing hands and 'we strongly discourage this kind of posting...'

whats the problem. its a sixer. whats the problem. i just want someone to hit a button so everyone can internalize that those kinds of posts arent okay, because the same three or four dudes keep making those kinds of posts.

edit: oh thank you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nevermind, i was all revved up but mission accomplished ig. sorry just genuinely stunned those posts actually got hit lol

Endorph fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 7, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'its just now they're getting called out' also feels like, selective memory, because i definitely remember saying his posts were weird even before he became a mod

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not like a prude. sex jokes can be funny. i have made several. i also dont think there should be a punishment for an unfunny joke so long as its just unfunny. its just theres a difference between unfunny and 'actually weird.' a good metric is to imagine yourself making it at a party. would someone say 'what the gently caress is wrong with you.' if they would dont make it. if you cant imagine yourself at a party you also shouldnt make sex jokes. i think this is a good barometer.

Jay Rust posted:

Steiner spends the first half of a long game being the "stop having fun guys" guy
hes inspector zenigata, hes funny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

steiner wrestled in japan in the 90s and also wore a chainmail coif so its entirely possible ff9 steiner was actually named after him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ff16 is an rpg tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the steam thread is incredibly bad so i vote it be gassed and then you make a new, separate pc games thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

man nurse posted:

jack trades

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think there needs to be a rule but the mods need to come down harder on like, dumb bad faith arguing. like the example in the RPG thread technically wasnt proselytizing the ai driven future he was just responding to every single post about its limitations with 'but itll get better??????'

i think its possible to have a discussion about 'ai', its uses, and its limitations, but every time it comes up the conversation immediately drifts in that direction because of lowinfo people who think its a magical bean that theyve all just been sold and they just need to wait for it to grow. like the convo was about machine translation and for some reason the fact that that tech's existed since the 90s just went completely over said poster's head. its impossible to have a real discussion when the basic facts are something that get routinely ignored.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the ps5 thread is uniquely awful so im not sure we should be using it as a baseline

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that said i also dont think this situation specifically demanded any kind of mod response beyond the guy getting probed and im unsure why booky rushed in here. i think their powers over life and death have gotten to their head

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

please move the ps5 thread to a dedicated stellar blade forum, for all your stellar blade needs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Due to a large glut of notable industry news, some people have been advocating for the return of the industry discussion thread. My questions are as follows: Is this a bad idea, and how can we permaban everyone who posts there?
but if we dont have one how will we know which random guys who made a game i dont like are responsible for all sex crimes ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mode 7 posted:

Just talk about industry news in the thread(s) it's relevant in when it happens imo. I've seen posting/discussions about the recent Microsoft closures for example in a bunch of threads, and that's fine!

that said if this is the mod policy can you do something about the guys who wail and gnash their teeth everytime people post news in the threads

Seltzer posted:

Can all these video game news mongers post in a video game news thread or something? Same thing happened during the FTC trial. Just brings in a torrent of weirdos.

Seltzer posted:

All of your posts are trashing phil and doom posting about the company. You're exactly the type I'm talking about. I swear you people spend more time thinking about video game news and politicking then playing games. It's weird. Same poo poo happened for a week when xbox put high fi rush and sea of thieves on PS5 and acted like the sky was falling.

John F Bennett posted:

They're just the stereotypical Twitter trolls, console warriors and manbabies. They have the IQ of a corn cob and most likely smell bad.