Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Crushing, terrible news. Condolences and huge sympathy to everyone who knew him. There's not words for how sad it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Currently laid extremely low by the case of COVID I brought back from Scotland earlier this week. Much much worse than the one I had a year ago, which was done with in one feverish night, I feel properly poorly. My wife left a care package at the top of the stairs, tea, a kettle, things to clean up with and antivirals. Sadly no rich tea, which don’t exist in this godforsaken country.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

AEI is a shining star in the constellation of Koch-funded think tanks.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I watched the Day of the Jackal a couple of weeks ago, and there was a moment when I realized through looks alone that the baddie is Fox's dad. Apparently he's a right wing bastard too.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Just Another Lurker posted:

104 posts, what we ganshing about now? :confused:

We’re on how to build class consciousness.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Jakabite really needs to stop posting in the (imported from CSPAM) Musk thread. Its IK is a lunatic probe machine, the whole thing is basically a honeypot. Supposedly, this is funny.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

That sounds like a scone (or what Americans call biscuits). Biscuits are hard and crunchy not soft and squishy.

American biscuits look a bit like a British scone, but I'd say the texture and flavour are distinct. Biscuits are a lot more buttery and aren't usually paired with sweet things. Americans don't have the first idea how to make a scone, sadly. They have these triangular sweet things that they claim are scones, but they're fooling noone.

Coffee (decaf, sadly or my hands shake) and toast for me.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Four state solution. Donegal gets to be in the north, Cork gets to be a state capital, and three can outvote any one that tries any silly poo poo at the federal level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOad90BvvjM&t=69s

Sudden strong urge to play Crusader Kings

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

Going to try and put a little bit of happiness out into the world at the moment, but my girlfriend said yes and we are now Fiancé's!

Hope springs eternal! Congratulations to you both!

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Not heard of that! Is it on catch ups at all?

nevermind found it on BBC iplayer!

It's great fun, Hugh Grant has a field day with Thorpe's sliminess.

Odd Liberal factoid: Shetland has been an almost safe Liberal seat since the mid nineteenth century, except for a Tory between 1935 and 1950.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Those are rookie numbers. Once you accumulate enough hearing damage you'll just yell WHAT at each other from opposite ends of the couch

Can confirm

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Kin posted:

Edit: almost forgot the post wedding nut come down where you realise you just spent the better part of £5k to £10k on a party for other people.
I'd put on a loving awesome party for people if I had and put that much money into it and not feel bad about it at all. My wedding my in-laws paid for everything and I thought it sucked. Lots of people there we didn't know - people the FIL worked with, that sort of thing, poo poo DJ, bad cake. That said our friends who did come had a good time, so maybe I was the problem.

Stone cold sober at the end of the night. Every picture of me through the evening I had a glass of Scotch in my hand, but it was all the same glass. What with all the glad handing we barely got any time to ourselves. Anyway, hope OP has had a fantastic day.

e: almost forgot the best story. My best man and I shared a room at the hotel the night before. We put on the TV in the morning and up came an ad for Four Weddings and a Funeral and the first thing the voice over said was "Don't get married!". Fortunately I'm not superstitious.

Albinator fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 21, 2023

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

1965917 posted:

I'm just running ublock origin on firefox, have zero youtube ads.

This works for me too. I'm in Americay though so it might be different.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I was completely charmed when I learned the Czech month names, they are so cool. I think I called May "Cauliflower" once or twice, though.
e: welcome to page dvě stě třicet jedna

Albinator fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 29, 2023

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

I'm replaying Disco Elysium at the moment, primarily because the last time I played it I got too wrapped up in doing Other poo poo I never finished the loving game.

I should give it another whirl. I got to what seemed like a bit of a slow bit in the middle and never worked through it. Also got a bit annoyed at constantly trudging back and forth, but I think I heard they fixed that.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Who are they an alt of? I'm clearly behind on my forum gossip

I think it was something like NJAN evading a probe with a very transparent alt. A while back I think.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Mebh posted:

E: I did take a nice picture of one of my cats under our tree tho

That's a grinch, not a cat. Expect hijinks in a few weeks.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

A terrible crime, but still not as bad as Kissinger's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

ime GPs have no loving clue about sleep disorders and will just cycle through the basic level "go to bed at the same time/limit screen time/cut out caffeine/exercise more" until you get bored and stop asking

Mine is better, but I'm in the US. I have a sleep study tonight, funnily enough. Seems likely that it's apnea, but have to gather the data before they send me off with a CPAP. After that I'm angling for a bacta tank.