Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Alright, what have I missed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
April 2016. Is Pissflaps still arguing about what should and shouldn’t be counted as a troop?

e: month.

Pork Pie Hat fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 15, 2023

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Pissflaps got permabanned and now spends his time being insanely racist and transphobic on Twitter.

I saw he was being… that a couple of years ago. He certainly wasn’t going at it half-heartedly. Was it that sort of thing that got him the boot here?

Microplastics posted:

You really came back to the UKMT after seven years? Oh my

Well, there was this guy corbyn right,

Once you go UKMT you never go er… SMTV?

I heard about him! Liked jam, got ratfucked by his own party, right?

keep punching joe posted:

Did you hear about Brexit?

Something about racism and a bus?

OwlFancier posted:

Hang on, hosed off in 2016, returned november 2023...

OP are you actually david cameron?

I have quite literally never hosed a dead pig, which David Cameron definitely has done, so no, I’m not him.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

As the event becomes more and more competitive it would eventually evolve into Toddler Discus

Relatedly, I am 100% certain I could throw Rishi Sunak over a pub.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

There's not a person here who wouldn't cheer you on, doubly so if you failed

Well now I can’t decide which is funnier, twatting him into the side of the pub like a tiny Wile E. Coyote, or flinging him right over and into the fiery pits of hell so he can meet his hero Maggie.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Sure, sure his “kid” was watching “football”.

I think we all know what’s really going on here

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm not saying the doctors are evil

At this point, I definitely am saying that. They know exactly what they’re getting in to when they take the money. Sure, some will think they’re the good ones, changing the system from inside, but they aren’t and they have failed. gently caress ‘em.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Wachter posted:

gently caress me. The pope's gone fuckin woke

Wanking off old men instead of pre-teens is “woke” now is it?

quote:

A one-line statement from the Vatican said Francis had “relieved” Bishop Joseph Strickland

Bloody political correctness gone mad is what it is.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Idiot King

Bit rude, not everyone knows all the lingo.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Idiot King comes from I believe FYAD where their mods are idiot kings who have no access to the full mod forums but otherwise have the same powers.

It's been modified over time to be any non-full-moderator in any forum, and apparently can even see reports now?

I probably should have put (/s) on my previous post, but I didn’t know where IK came from, so thanks!

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Microplastics posted:

I keep getting a thobbing sensation in my bone wolf einstein, what does that mean?

If it goes on for more than four hours you should see your GP.

To boast about it I assume.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
The piss diamonds may have the 2012 Olympics to get nostalgic and gratingly sentimental over, but gently caress that, this is what truly brought the whole country together:

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Josef bugman posted:

I wish I had something to sell that I could get for several handfuls of 50s.

Hark at the kidney-hoarder and their two working kidneys.

Pork Pie Hat fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 20, 2023

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Maugrim posted:

:siren: UKMT Solidarity Fund Update, November 2023 :siren:

It's been a pleasure to continue to support folks with far fewer worries about the fund running out of money, thanks to the generous response to our fundraiser a couple of months ago. Thank you all so very much.

I'm still feeling a bit hosed up from my colonoscopy this morning (verdict: the new drugs aren't working lol) so I can't think what else to write. Roll stats!

Edit: Also, if you are the person who made an email application around a month ago, please get in touch - we have tried to contact you multiple times with no luck.

October Stats:

Monthly donations and payouts graph:

Quarterly version of the above:

UKMTSF Data Trends | Record of Activity | Constitution

If you are someone that is in need, please get in contact. This fund is here to help you with whatever comes your way. If something is causing you stress, pain, worry or physical distress, please get in contact with us. Please do not go hungry or without something because you are of the belief that your pain is not important enough. Feel free to contact any of the committee if you would like to discuss an issue. All matters are treated in complete confidence.

Donate:
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details

Apply:
Application Form
Email Us
PM: AceClown, Fargle (discord only), Maugrim, The DPRK or Tsietisin.

Because you can get used to these things when you’re close to them, and because I don’t think you dickheads* get told this enough, I’m using the last of my weird outsidery status to say that this is genuinely amazing work and you should all feel rightly proud of what you’ve done/are doing.

Anyway, enough touchy-feely stuff. Tories. What a bunch of cunts.

*It’s a term of endearment round my way, live with it.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Some good news!

quote:

LadBaby pull out of Christmas number one single race

LadBaby have said they will not be releasing a Christmas song following a five year-streak topping the festive chart.

The internet stars have treated us, or some may say subjected us, to pastry-filled charity singles like I Love Sausage Rolls and Don't Stop Me Eatin'.

"We wanted to pass the baton over," Mark and Roxanne Hoyle said, announcing the news on Instagram.

"The public backing a sausage roll - only in Great Britain."

Obviously not as good as the news that these two and their kids are being fired directly into the sun, but you have to take the small wins.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

Definitely nothing to do with the dad being a Tory and a cheater. Nothing at all.

I am shocked to my very core at these revelations. My very core I tell you.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Message to the leaders of earth, you have three days to overturn capitalism or I shall utilize my forcefemming machine to turn one of you into a catgirl every hour.

I think traditionally there has to be a threat of undesired consequences in extortion for it to be really effective.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Why are you missing the film? Assert your dominance over the cinema by marching to the front and pissing on the screen.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I, an idiot from Essex, went to university in NI in the late 90s, in part to get away from family etc and in part because it sounded brilliant.

It was loving amazing.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The truly british way would be enslave any natives and have them build the infrastructure whilst pilfering all their poo poo. But i guess that wont work on a desert island.

Not with that attitude, commie.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Not to be confused with Lost Girls by Alan Moore, which is a graphic novel a grot mag.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
You may have talked about it at publication, but just in case you didn’t may I recommend Babel* by R. F. Kuang to the thread?

In 1836 a Chinese scamp is told he’s a language wizard Harry and is whisked off to magic language university at Oxford. He makes other colonial friends, they suffer racist indignities, violent anti-colonial shenanigans ensue.

It is very good, very sharp and well worth your time. If you want a bibliography you’ll need the Waterstones exclusive edition, or a friendly goon willing to type it up for you (hi!).

*Its full title is Babel: Or the Necessity of Violence: An Arcane History of the Oxford Translators' Revolution, so you know it’s going to be good.

Pork Pie Hat fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Nov 28, 2023

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Whichever journalist wrote that up did well to get that quote over the loud banging sound of Fox’s barrister’s head against his desk.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

TACD posted:

whiskey supremacy

Whiskey supremacy, no.

Whisky supremacy, yes.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Just Another Lurker posted:

I've drunk Bushmills and i thoroughly agree with the above.

While I’ll always take a whisky over a whiskey, I am partial to a bit of Black Bush.

And the drink from the Bushmills distillery with a black label.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Wachter posted:

My favourite Christmas Day drink is an Irish Carbomb

Who the gently caress called it that, when Buda’s (Paddy) Wagon was right there.

Yes I know, just as offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I had an out of season packet of Christmas Pudding crisps the other month. They were absolutely minging, but not quite as absolutely minging as you’d expect.