Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fartknocker posted:

It’s year 3 in SoFi Stadium, but don’t forget the years at that little soccer stadium. Their last game in San Diego was New Years Day 2017.

Also pandemic time means 2017 is simultaneously three years ago and thirty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Bip Roberts posted:

If you were going to build a new stadium in DC where would be the best practical location. The Nats did a decent job finding a spot, not sure if you can fit a second stadium. Ultimate joke answer: fit a team in the pentagon courtyard.

Not a DC resident, but the old RFK site seems pretty much perfect

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Is there a tier for 'Could potentially get swallowed up by a federal investigation that destroys the organization but also might just be the head coach for a team that botched an announcement in a weird way'?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

Oh I don't want to deal with a rebuild of finding a hot qb again. Let's go to Denver where they are in need of a rebuild to find a spicy qb.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Q_res posted:

It's Josh McDaniels, he'll run Herbert out of town on a rail within 3 months. To be replaced by... *checks notes* Marcus Mariota.

Bailey Zappe welcome to LA

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

mcmagic posted:

He doesn't look competent op. They don't score any points.

Yeah, it's probably more accurate to say he looks like a regular bad qb instead of a random 24 year-old plucked from the stands and given an awful-looking helmet

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Mega64 posted:

It's weird, because pre-season we'd think the Cardinals would be overachieving if we knew they had one win at this point, yet they're still not bottom-three or arguably bottom-five as far as teams go. They lack a good bit of talent, but they're still trying their hardest to win, which is admirable compared to teams like the Patriots which look so god drat lifeless.

Yeah, the offense in particular just looks so much more crisp than it did last year, even if they're not putting up a ton of points. Makes me wonder if Drew Petzig is a really talented coordinator or if Kingsbury was just that bad

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

He seems like a small-town mayor type, so I'm gonna go with that

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Benne posted:

Well holy poo poo, guess I gotta do an update this week

What's interesting is they also got rid of the GM, doing a total housecleaning this early in the season. Maybe Mark has his eye on a guy, maybe he's dumb and impulsive. Could be both!

Gonna hire the guy who writes PF Chang's fortune cookies to be his next GM

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

a neat cape posted:

Bill just got extended, why is he even being discussed

Because he sucks now and we all want to see him humiliated

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Stroud was the #2 QB on pretty much every semi respectable ranking. It would have been a surprise if he was taken #1 because the reporting had all coalesced around Carolina taking Bryce, not because people though Stroud sucked.

Stroud got hit with a lot of bullshit thanks to that dumbass test and general concerns about “processing” but he was a very good prospect and it wasn’t at all a surprise that he went high.

Yeah, even with Young coming to be viewed as the #1, there's a chicken-and-the-egg thing with the Panthers telegraphing to everyone that he was their choice well in advance and coloring the discussion. I don't think it was nearly as clear-cut before that, though I could be remembering wrong.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Nervous posted:

Just elevate a coach from the practice squad or claim one off waivers.

Pull an Irsay and hire Lance Briggs

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Tricky Ed posted:

Yeah, the thing with betting odds is that they're predicting how the general public will wager, not necessarily what will happen. I imagine there's a negative Browns bump the same way there's a positive Cowboys bump just because of the general reputation of the teams.

If I'm a low-information gambler and I see that the Browns coach is getting decent odds to be fired, I'm gonna take that bet because lol Browns.

It's also a marketing tool to get people talking about BetOnline.com, the most legitimate gambling site Panama City has to offer

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

I mean, he managed to fill a 53-man roster, so that's something

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Starting to fear Bryce is just a product of the system down at Alabama and the entire "cerebral point guard" bullshit was just a marketing campaign gin'd up by Alabama loyalists in the media. Certainly explains why an idiot like Tepper fell for it.

I also have to wonder how much of it was wanting to get Bama fans in the seats/buying merch, which was probably more likely than Ohio State fans doing the same

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

a neat cape posted:

what if the chargers don't fire staley

We'll all chip in to fund your relocation to another fanbase

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

I still think there's a chance Daboll gets fired at the end of the year. The dude has seemed like he's on the brink of a meltdown for months now.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Goddammit post twitter.com links instead of x.com links in the forums so they actually embed :mad:

Just screenshot it so the nazi site gets fewer views and no clickthroughs

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Bismack Billabongo posted:

lol.

On a more serious note hopefully this ends the myth of frank Reich being an offensive genius that the podcasters have been clinging to

There'll be a ton of excuses - some of them justified - about Tepper interfering, but yeah, kinda hard to keep that narrative going now.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

I feel really bad for Duce. He left a great situation in Detroit because someone in his family was sick, and he walked right into this shitshow.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Docjowles posted:

If we're talking former Panthers, you know who would build a winning culture in that locker room right quick? Steve Smith :getin:

You probably need to murder Tepper in order to instill a winning culture, and he'd probably do it inside a month

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

The GM manages all football telated stuff going on in the organisation - people overestimate how much time they are spending on personnel decisions etc. a lot of their time is spend hiring and managing the people overseeing the scouting, analytics, facilities, grounds staff etc.

This includes the medical/athletics training staff who will report to the GM (at least in the orgs I've looked at).

Kinda hard for the GM to hire a decent medical staff when his budget is mostly Burger King coupons, tho

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Ayudo posted:

Tepper is gonna be stuck with a Lovie Smith or Dave Culley type HC if he's that out in the open toxic. Why put your career in the hands of a rich toddler if you're an actual talent?

He'd rather have a poo poo coach who puts up with his bullshit than a good one who pushed back. Not only does he get someone who follows orders, he gets someone to scapegoat when he loses.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

fartknocker posted:

Or Moore turns him down and he has to go after someone like Brian Schottenheimer

This is what's going to happen. Right now Tepper is the lovely kid no one likes sending out a million invitations to his birthday party, but no one's gonna show up

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Raku posted:

They should let Drew fire Bill

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

What's wild to me is, I get the arguments for Young's motivation, but of all the backups to veto jumping in while your rookie fixes his mechanics in practice a bit more, and it's Andy Dalton? Like, the Jets would probably kill to have an Andy Dalton right now. Why would you have as quality a backup as that and say, "Bryce can never take a break and prepare more." It's not like he'd be briefly losing the job to Easton Stick or whatever, it's a dude with significant starting time in the league. Why do you even have Dalton if you're never going to consider playing him.

That's the thing: Dalton should have been starting from week one if Young wasn't ready, which he clearly wasn't. But when the owner is the one who insisted drafting him - who insisted on giving up more capital to make absolutely certain that he drafted him - he's going to insist on showing off his shiny new toy. And everything falls apart from there.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Doesn't sirianni have like a 75% win rate or something stupid hight?

Ignore him, I called him Philly Kawalimus the other day and now he's taking the bit to heart

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

indigi posted:

*watching a league where guys like Haslam, Johnson, and Spanos have made their teams laughing stocks for over a decade* it's clear that the owners want Tepper to sell the team because he was mean to Frank Reich, who sucks

After McDaniels and Reich, people are just hungry for more coach blood. The hot seat demands butts.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

I wish they'd stop cutting to Staley on the sidelines. It's getting kinda disturbing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Bumhead posted:

How does it keep up with the news like that..?

Looks like those clowns in the Chargers organization did it again. What a bunch of clowns.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Didn't even capitalize the sentence

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Mega64 posted:

There's no way in hell you trade a franchise QB still willing to be there. Your fans need someone to root for, and it's significantly easier to rebuild your team around a franchise QB, as you have the most important position nailed down and have a better chance attracting potential free agents.

This x10 for the Chargers, too. As far as the LA market is concerned, they're already the second-fiddle team in a fourth-fiddle sport - an afterthought to an afterthought. Without Herbert, it could be years before they manage to fill the stadium again.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Harlock posted:

The Desai/Patricia and soon to be Brian Johnson demotion/firing will determine what happens to Sirianni. I personally think he's just the GM's puppet as a first time head coach in the wake of the last guy who got sent out of town in a power struggle because he refused to fire his personel.

If the coordinators aren't 'his guys' then he gets to happy move along but if he draws a line in the sand, he might be out sooner than later.

He's in year 3 of a 5 year deal and as far as I know, there's been no extension talks.

Yeah, this is the only way he gets fired - after a second power struggle in four years makes the open position untouchable for any candidate with options. He's here for another year, and that's way better than the alternative.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

All of this is immaterial, because Belichick is gonna make a DC out of him

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Flikken posted:

Preferably his change of scenery is in the NFC.

I feel like if he did leave after this year, there's no way Kraft wouldn't make every possible effort to bring him to New England. Gotta fill Belichick's shoes with someone who has half a chance of doing it.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

a neat cape posted:

That means I deserve SOMETHING.

Which I will never get.

Because that's how it works

You do deserve something, tho

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Hizawk posted:

Matt Patricia is the rapist coordinator for the Eagles.

Every Eagles game where the defense looks like dogshit is one that helps ensure that he won't be named DC for the next season. There are worse Ls to take.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

C-Euro posted:

I mean it'd be the most obvious mismatch between coach and owner since...well, the last time Jim was in the NFL. There's gotta be a word for a lie built upon truth but I'm blanking on it.

Also I have no idea why he'd be more interested in the Panthers roster than the Chargers or Raiders, beyond the hubris of "I can fix them".

Yeah, unless he saw something in Bryce that no one else did this year, he'd be looking at a roster with no QB, no offensive skill players worth a drat, no first round pick to fix either of these problems and a lovely owner with an itchy trigger finger. There's no way he's actually interested.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

mcmagic posted:

I feel like owners either hire a name brand coach where you know what you're getting or they get lucky/unlucky with a first timer. Those are the only two options

I mean, yes, going with someone who has a track record and someone who has none are generally the two options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

syzpid posted:

Completely lost on the hype around Dan Quinn

He wears his baseball cap backwards so he can better connect with the youth