Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Bethamphetamine posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1699608945956905448

What demographic does he think this answer appeals to?

The racist demo that likes to pretend having children out of wedlock is specifically a minority issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

crime fighting hog posted:

my last job application they asked desired salary and what the gently caress am I supposed to say? Mad stacks yo?

That is a plead the 5th situation. They only ask that to know if they can lowball you

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Lol, I remember him, he was selling cable theft boxes on the internet and used the proceeds to annoy his suburban neighbors by filling the culdesac with expensive ugly sports cars

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
Im not a young but I'm gonna say that is Gail the Snail

edit: nope, its margret mcpoyle

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

did they agree to testify as part of the pleas ??

Thats what the reporting for powell and chesebro said, at least

edit: Ellis too

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

emfive posted:

at this point you'd have to be a massive idiot *not* to plead out, right?

So that means a lot of them won't.

you also have to be offered pleas, who knows what the prosecutions plan is

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

“Mr. Trump is more than just a boss to those of us who have been fortunate enough to be close to him, both professionally and personally,” he said in an interview. “He’s more like a patriarch, a mentor. These qualities make him very endearing to me, which is why I am so fiercely loyal to him and committed to protecting him at all costs.” (Interview with The New York Times, December 2016)

The guy you paid to lie for you once lied for you is not a particularly good Troof :(

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
weak truths, Mr president

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

if emmer wins, can he actually get enough votes in the full house or is this circus going to go another lap?

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Tom Tucker posted:

What if I told you he voted to certify the 2020 election?

lol, oh noooooo

what are the odds someone can win before the Nov. 17th shutdown deadline?

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Basebf555 posted:

So what's even the point of having these votes on a nominee if you know within an hour that the nominee has no chance of getting the final votes? Maybe figure out who actually can get the votes first and then nominate them?

There is nobody who can get the votes so they are just gonna keep doing this theater over and over again forever

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
Trump is ineligible for speaker, so in order for him to get it they have to change the rules and in order to change the rules they have to have a speaker

edit: maybe not, its a republican party rules, not a house rule

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

ArmedZombie posted:

lol rules? thanks mx. parliamentarian.

most powerful position in congress, can just gently caress up everyones day by being a pedantic poo poo about rules form 1802

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

tenderjerk posted:

why would that make judge eragon dismiss the case

what

Trumps lawyers thought they had an amazing gotcha by pointing out Cohen lied under oath to congress earlier when he said Trump never told him to. As long as we ignore that he was still being paid by trump then. They definitely told ol trumpy that they were about to have a tv movie courtroom scene moment with a dramatic dismissal.

It does put his credibility under question, but its not like he is the only witness/evidence and there is no way this would cause a judge to dismiss a trial that has already passed judgement and is only determining the penalty.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Consummate Professional posted:

didn’t he also have a fox host as a client?

Yeah, I remember the big reveal that he repped hannity as well

That was a funny day

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My mortgage payment jumped from $690 to $2445, that rules and kicks rear end, wonder how people buying at the median house price of $430,300 and 8% are doing

holy poo poo, was that a property tax increase or did you get a variable rate?

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

goth smoking cloves posted:

They read his posts

I can't read, only post

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Basebf555 posted:

The whole MTG/Boebert thing went the opposite way I expected it to. I thought Boebert would be the one who the other Republicans would make a joke out of and laugh about her behind her back and cut her out of the loop, but it apparently happened to MTG instead.

MTG chose the wrong side in the whole McCarthy fight

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
That 18 mil valuation hurts him so much

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

emfive posted:

it's a nice(ish) big house, but it's an awful location, probably very very expensive to insure, it's a historical landmark so it can't be hosed with or rebuilt etc, so while $18mil might be low (esp for somebody with Russian+Saudi friends who need to launder money) it's not worth $1billion lol

The contract with the city says that club members can't live there which hurts the value a lot but he does anyway because the gently caress are they gonna do about it

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
I love how lovely everyone around Trump is. His entire orbit is just pure scum

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

i am harry posted:

can’t even see twitter accounts now without an account but for a single second the website displayed it and their banner image is children…?

It's a right leaning gen z get out the vote group of some sort

edit: its website is dogshit with typos and broken links, and has almost no actual content to it. Who knows if its a scam or a cheap astroturf or what

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
Is biden the weakest incumbent president of all time?

no, because trump won

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Bethamphetamine posted:

The judge in Donald Trump's $250 million fraud trial is allowing the former president's legal team to call all 127 witnesses they want

:chaostrump:

lol, judge does not give a poo poo. This is all just going to be a circus until he rules for dissolution and they start appealing and filing for mistrial and poo poo

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
Despite how much as he pretends online, Tom Fitton is not a lawyer and has no idea what the law actually says

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Louisgod posted:

you can just look laws up, it's not hard

You can also just make them up, not like anyone online will call you on it

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Jon Irenicus posted:

I'd like everyone to go on record. I'll start:

I did NOT rob the frozen meat truck.

You're gonna have to be more specific, I rob a lot of meat trucks

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Nonsense posted:

why does that guy have a literal Nazi Germany haircut

because hes a literal nazi, bud

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Consummate Professional posted:

omg I think no one else is in my row of seats on this flight. the president makes such things possible

Biden is going to fill those seats with crying babies

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Glumwheels posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1734668536176418895

The gangs back together and they’re sucking off trump again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U86UEfo3Dv0

:edit:its the cops abusing the baker act that I vaguely remember being initiated by a trump campaign worker lying about parscale, so I almost have sympathy for him but also gently caress that guy. nevermind His wife called 911 over abuse, no more sympathy.

Pead has issued a correction as of 14:07 on Dec 14, 2023

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Glumwheels posted:

Trump has lost the popular vote twice now and the EC in what should have been a slam dunk re-election. That was before his insurrection and now 91 indictments.

He’s also only winning primaries with a fraction of the gop base and moderates are saying they won’t vote for him including half of Haley voters. So why does Trump have this in the bag?

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

ex post facho posted:

oh wait, i forgot biden did deliver this (but not an increase in the minimum wage):

https://twitter.com/SenatorShaheen/status/1488657698061230080

He only did this because he was required to in order to fund more wars

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

lol that the comments on this are endlessly pedantic shitheads pointing out he posted the wrong name.

oops. wrong tweet, i meant this one:

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1750902530660319738

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

RBC posted:

many people are saying he has to put it all in escrow if he wants to appeal

which is pretty funny

Florida legislature will pass a law allowing them to pay it for him out of state tax funds

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
Come on Engeron, release the opinion so we can get some lols today

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
You can estoppal my collateral any time :shehuck:

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Lawyer goons how much does an appeals bond have to cover when appealing a civil judgement? The whole penalty?

not a lawyer but I am fairly sure it covers the whole penalty plus potential interest, though it can be a loan with collateral and not necessarily fully cash.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Scapulor posted:

anyway, what's going on with trum? i think it's pretty notable that he apparently can register consequences, as i don't think he's done another defamation since the verdict, unless he's proved me wrong as i've written this very sentence...

sooner or later he will get a new sychophant in his ear saying they can fix all trumps problems and he will back to the same old poo poo

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Wonder if any of those new non-bailable offenses include white collar crime?

https://www.legis.ga.gov/api/legislation/document/20232024/213335

You can read it here. It includes things like "credit card theft", "possession of drugs or marijuana" and "unlawful assembly", but no rich people crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Hatebag posted:

the bail thing is probably about cop city, the nazi factory

yeah, but its going to be used for so much more oppression in atlanta as well