Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

The Pussy Boss posted:

he's going to be President again and I'm glad of it

everybody in america knows this except but also including the media. they know it, but they don't, but they do. liberalism in a nutshell: we cant do anything about this very obvious problem we're pretending doesnt exist

"institutions will save us! have a great weekend!" -- liberals, leaving for the weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

ah, liberal problem-solving at work!

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Joementum posted:

that’s 1700 more than were constitutionally permitted :colbert:

the marine corps is an organization within the navy department, which is constitutional. which is why the citations for their big medals always end with poo poo like "for conspicuous gallantry reflecting great credit upon himself and the Naval Service, PFC Deadguy gets the medal of honor and some minor fringe benefits he cant use because he is dead af"

lol one of their biggest idols is this general named CHESTY puller, he got like 20 navy crosses and ptsd so bad he called his own new wife a "[slur] coward" for not jumping in the ocean with him on their honeymoon. if they had kids i imagine they probably became serial killers

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There's a guy here who's a sports radio host that played on the Pats with Brady one year. When he got there he was told that Tom was the first person to the practice facility every single morning. So this guy (Dorin Dickerson) told one of the other guys he was going to try to get there earlier than Tom and impress him.

he rolls into the Pats practice facility, the place is completely dark. He heads into the locker room and hits the restroom, feeling pretty pleased about beating Tom. Then a shitter stall opens and Tom comes out and says, "I love to win Dorin, and I always win" before wandering off.

even if it's a fake story it's absolutely something Tom Brady would do

my favorite tom story is how he unretired and then lost and his wife left him because she told him not to unretire and he did it anyway lol
stay winning buddy, at least you didnt embarrass yourself as bad as rodgers

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

petit choux posted:

When I was in college punk rock et al was getting really big, Depeche Mode was the nonthreatening chick band. My metalhead friends used to call them the band for poodle skirt girls.

wow metalheads sound really cool and definitely not lovely. how many of them are chuds now lol

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Consummate Professional posted:

jokes on them, books are for nerds

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

emfive posted:

my wife sells dolls primarily to old ladies with money they don't know what else to do with (like give it to their kids for example, the kids probably suck).

ive heard a lot of these boomer "my kids suck so they dont get anything" stories, and the common denominator seems to be that the boomer in question sucks actually. maybe thats what you were alluding to idk

whats extra weird are the ones who are like either weirdly cheerful or super aggressive about it, like they need you to know that their kids wont be inheriting anything, like theyre expecting you to high five them or something?

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

People blame the internet for rising population of right wing extremest.
It was always there on tv hiding.
The internet just sped up the it's decay, and it's like a corned mouse going for broke, with nukes.

On TV there were people people promoting their podcast about having cancer.
Not a single word about universal healthcare, or putting money into education to get rid of cancer completely.

Just be an entrepreneur and start a podcast.

Hopefully when the old people are asking goggle "who is this person"
the first thing that pop ups is all his crazy rants.

bills too much? rent too high?

"just negotiate with your landlord and creditors" -- liberals and every liberal newspaper

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Apraxin posted:

it's especially infuriating because the timeline here is:

- government previews new 'Trans Guidance for Schools' to 'provide clarity' and it's really bad - forced outing to parents if a child expresses the merest hint of gender uncertainty, a provision that even if kid, parents, and teacher are in full agreement the school admin can still mandate use of birth name and pronouns 'for mental health of other students' (???)
- government's lawyers say holy poo poo your Trans Guidance for Schools violates several human rights and anti-discrimination laws and will get thrown out by the courts instantly, you can't introduce this
- government hits pause but makes a bunch of noises about how they're still raring to introduce their Trans Guidance for Schools asap
- bbc publishes article that interviews two (2) parents - one is this person, the other the supportive parent of a trans kid who says their son was let down by the school and guidance on how to be supportive would have been really helpful
- article is published with title 'Parents Urge Government to Introduce Trans Guidance for Schools'

yes, the media is the enemy of the people, i agree!

i really don't know how to solve the problem of lovely parents.

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Plinkey posted:

salmon is actually gross as a lox bagel

youre a certified food criminal, please reprot to the detention facility

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

tenderjerk posted:

this some legit mormon rear end behavior

mormons are like, if you could home school an entire population of people, thats what mormonism would produce. lots of decorum, lots of scams

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Plinkey posted:

i dont like my salmon with a pound of cream cheese and olive bbs

sorry mr president, ill get the mcmuffin for you now SIR

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

euphronius posted:

when you see salmon as a delicious ocean-tasting meal, I see a plate of karma trapping you into another age of reincarnations .

your beliefs make 0 sense, hth

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

tacodaemon posted:

yeah lol at anyone who believes this joker who had a professional audiovisual recording setup in the woods and doesn't know how to book a club or DIY show is some kind of scrappy grassroots musical up-and-comer

the best part is, because we're in america, this kind of billionaire sock puppetry is gonna become ubiquitous and increasingly sophisticated. it is now, but i mean all-compassing, every single public office will be controlled by a private interest, all private property will be owned by a select few, and every bit of media will be private propaganda. lol and as i type this, i keep thinking...ok but that's already happened. so just like, imagine 500% more or something, idk.

as the neolib state cedes more and more control and responsibility to the private sector, billionaires will control public policy and individually shape outcomes. that "secret" city billionaires want to found in northern california is a harbinger of many beautiful fashy things to come.

if anything, SCOTUS is just a middleman, ready and waiting with a rubber stamp and ink.

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

euphronius posted:

that’s fine they are just for me

the rest of us have a shared belief: that your posting is bad

really walked into that one buddy, salmon egg all over your face

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

mdemone posted:

hey he said he wasn't a Buddhist

i dont read posts theyre too constraining

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Spoondick posted:

ah yes, fish and ketchup... classic combo... i remember my grandma's scrumptious ketchup poached trout and salivate

my current boss went around the office (literally physically visited people at their desks) eating the following combination:

salmon

+

marinara sauce straight from jar

+

chips

and then tried to convince us it was good and then got angry when we said that sounds gross

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

tacodaemon posted:

just saw a transphobe arguing that trans women shouldn't be allowed in women's restrooms because men wash their penises in the sinks in men's restrooms and trans women will start doing the same in women's restrooms

transphobes have the most insane beliefs about what other people think and do, it kinda mentally knocks me back every time i see a """great""" example. just the lowest most vicious poo poo

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

tacodaemon posted:

do they still have the pneumatic platform that rises up out of the toilet water so everyone can get a good look at eye level

in germany and holland they uhh

have a shelf

a poop shelf

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

helta posted:

I dip my balls in salmon and marinara sauce.

this is a fantastic post, good job

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

this is also one of the """"great"""" use cases for ai and all of the worst people are psyched about it

not testing for abortion medication specifically, but identify, pursuing, and relentlessly harassing out-groups

imagine a cop with perfect ideological purity, that never gets tired. a programmable fanatic if you will

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

tenderjerk posted:

everybody at work including mgmt have stopped talking to me since i started keeping my teams status on 'do not disturb' and never changing it

this is my dream

god what a vision of freedom

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

titty_baby_ posted:

I was hired at $15/hr straight out of college in 2019 because I was desperate for a job. I tried to negotiate but the director told me the wage was written into the grant and I couldn't get a raise until the next grant cycle

That director was fired several months in, and then we discovered he lied about my wage and the position was written to be able to go over $20/hr and that HR had adjusted my positions pay to start past $16/hr but the director ignored them and went over them

I did get a raise then. When I quit the next director pulled me aside and offered me $24/hr to stay and I turned him down

nonprofits are horrible to work for, theres like a flavor of small biz tyrant/clinton liberal thats attracted to management positions at places like that.

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Good Citizen posted:

lol at MGM still refusing to pay the hackers

do they think the cops are gonna save them or something

yes. execs think you can call in the "FBI Cyber Team" and counter-attack or something

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

euphronius posted:

that is also about the cultural Revolution ?

while we're on the subject, can someone recommend a book about this thats not written by some fanatic historian who hates commies

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

VideoKid posted:

you shouldn’t care about the money only the ~mission~

while the director is making like $500k/year

we have multiple nonprofit customers where the execs wfh on mondays/fridays while the workers come in. weirdly enough none of the wfh execs respond to calls or emails on fridays. probably because theyre out helping the community.

also, inexplicably, most of the workers are PoC, while the execs are older white ladies. im sure its fine

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

crime fighting hog posted:

to my dying day I will regret not grifting a ppe loan for a non-existent construction business.

the money was right loving there by i was blinded by morality

i have the same regret. set up a fake consultancy, salami in the bag. i was stopped by:

-thinking it was wrong to steal the public's money. IDIOT

-i figured the gov would pursue all of the easy small frauds instead of the big difficult ones, and this was largely correct lol

ill always be on the wrong side of the bonesaw. just dont have that grifters drive i guess

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

ah poo poo per CBS

When I was a kid we called this a "suicide drink" but some i know call it "toxic sludge"

they just wanna keep homeless people out, and nickel and dime everyone else. soda markup is astronomical, i wouldnt be surprised to learn its one of the most important sources of profits for mcds

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

i think a lady doctor just started to look into SIDs, because everyone else was just like 'oh it happens'. female test dummies werent used until 2003.

if its related to women and health no one cares, sorry

i have personally sat in exam rooms and witnessed this, its soul crushing.

legitimately if you get an older white male doctor, consider doing a 180 and leaving.

they dont loving care, they dont understand you, they dont want to understand you. youre an inferior being with a walnut brain in their eyes

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

in 10 years time, maybe sooner, medication-based BC will be illegal nationwide. like everything else, theyll just use the crazed catholics on the supreme court

theres just too many ways to ban it, and all of them are stupid easy:

-fash comes to control congress, bans it by statute

-trump reelection means administratively interfering with the fda is a piece of cake, ban it administratively

-ditto for the usps, use administrative measures to ban and criminalize bc-by-mail. postal inspectors will love this cuz it increases demand for their agency, uspis.

-get a test case up to scotus, they ban it via calvinball rulings

and the liberals will help them do it

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

ArmZ posted:

most people are

america is deeply deeplyyyy fascist,our "centrists" are basically nazis

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Louisgod posted:

nuts were basically the only limits but my idiot dad was insinuating in a chud voice that schools are limiting tons of stuff you can pack because of LIBERAL TRANSGENDERS or whatever.

im not sure how you fix reactionary thinking without state violence or compulsory reeducation or a combo of the two. every time it's been tried, those were necessary. doesn't mean its impossible.

in a late capitalist hell system like ours, this poo poo is unstoppable. reactionaries consider helping others weakness (in fact, helping others or looking out for the needs is usually considered homosexual). how do you fix a country where 1 in 3 people is saying "actually, killing [slurs] is cool and good" OR just nodding and going along with it which is just as loving bad

its like theres 2 levels of reactionaries, a primary level that goes out and tries to do stuff actively, and then a secondary much larger level that doesnt take physical action, but mentally cheers them on and votes for this stuff

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

VideoKid posted:

Remember that Evangelical pastor who was crying that chuds were complaining whenever he talked about charity and helping those less fortunate cause that “sounds like a bunch of liberal bullshit”?

yes, and it broke my brain a little more that day.

worse yet, if i remember right, he was actually quoting Jesus Christ. that was the part they had a huge problem with, that was "liberal bullshit"... the words of Christ.

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

triple sulk posted:

it's astounding how hard it is for people to respond to emails in 2023. slack was a mistake

"what if we reinvented irc but with a super lovely web interface and crappy "desktop" app, and locked all of our company's conversations into this one vendor's paid platform?"

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

CaptainBeefart posted:

Lol and here I am debating about dropping $5 on a free to play game.

struggling to buy community college textbooks etc so i can retrain into a non-dying profession, and every other shithead is dropping thousands of dollars on imaginary apes and fake clothes.

good news though, the community college wants to send me a grocery store gift card to help, it'll be $100 dollars and won't arrive for 8 weeks. also, if you're not at home to receive the certified letter from the usps carrier, you have to go to whichever PO it's at, and go get it lol

also they do not tell you this, so you have to get burned at least once or hear about it from another student

i straight up asked the counselors if theres a state grant or something for older people trying to retrain, and they said nope but dont worry we have a food pantry!! also the food pantry is closed though!! the guy seemed genuinely mystified, like it didnt occur to him that sometimes people who already graduated college might want to go back, because their current field is dying.

regular people are just not a priority at any level ever, all the money needs to flow upward to our betters. same as it ever was, etc.

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

the only online multiplayer type game I ever played was world of warcraft because a buddy got me a free five day trial and it was the most boring 97 hours of my life

im with you on this. never understood the mmorpg poo poo or any of the current stuff. in single player, theres a story (usually) and the game unfolds from there. multiplayer is a bunch of ppl typing and or saying the n word and the f slur a lot, and every game is boring bullshit with no point. wow you and a bunch of other edgelord sophomores played a game together? sounds amazing, let me just wake myself from my deep slumber of boredom

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Buddykins posted:

yeah i just ruin my relationships the old school way

her father chasing you with a shotgun thru a cornfield is, i suppose, quite old fashioned

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Sherbert Hoover posted:

deep thoughts with buddykins

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I got a community college degree for less than half of what that guy paid for game clothes

needing to pay 10k for community college is so hosed up, it should be free from start to finish (including the "oops we forgot you need that have a nice weekend" items like books, food, healthcare, and housing). and im staring down the barrel of the exact same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Ol sakkman posted:

and I just slowly went "...naurrrr..." And that was the easiest breakup of my life