Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

raggedphoto posted:

Back when I would occasionally listen to Armchair Expert I heard Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis pushing real hard for NFTs/bitcoin and thought it all sounded so dumb. I mean banks suck but anyone with half a brain could tell that only a few people would come out ontop with crypto and a lot more would lose money they can't afford to lose.

Interestingly the characters they played on That 70s Show were so good because they, too, are both really stupid in real life. So, art imitated life very convincingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

grumplestiltzkin posted:

many larger trucks have forward visibility which is comparable to a literal loving M1 Abrams main battle tank and worse than a literal big rig

Absolutely incredible that this image and comparisons even exists and that you also had it ready to post.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Getting the robs?

Rubella?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Your posting has given me the morbs.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
True.

It also shouldn’t be rich care only, either.

Your ability to seek and maintain health shouldn’t be disincentivized due to cost.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Ashcans posted:

He would call out for her sometimes and I often wondered if he was sad she wasn’t around, or just trying prompts for food.

Maybe both? Sad she is gone not giving him food?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

That pheasant wants to fuuuuuuck.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

I'd like to think that hawk's thought process was this:

Are you serious dude?

No I mean are you for loving seroius?

No, get the gently caress out. You done hosed up.

I got you now bitch.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
What is the point of dumping them? I never understood that.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I live in an area where scooters are used often and I have never personally seen any issue with them. They are a net positive where I am and I have never heard otherwise except my firefighter friend who tells us just how nasty the accidents get.

When I don’t feel like riding my bike I use them and they are nice and cheap and convenient. Better than using an Uber/Lyft where I am for many areas due to proximity.

I o ow that doesn’t mean they are fine. Just never seen and issue with them nor ever heard many complaints.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Atticus_1354 posted:

So they're fine as long as you don't witness the wrecks? Do you have actual statistics or do you just not care about other people?

No, that isn’t what I mean or intended. Clearly I don’t want people to get hurt—whether you are walking or driving a vehicle. What I AM saying is, I am curious as to the animosity towards scooters and because I have not personally experienced any significant issue with regards to parking/throwing them in a body of water/whatever, so I find it hard to relate to. I don’t know anyone that feels any strong negative feelings, basically.

I believe these problems exist, but I also wonder how severe it really is.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I am having a hard time parsing that.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

bobjr posted:

https://x.com/chrisgayomali/status/1570384974955560960?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

There was the trend of making your legs longer so you’d be taller, at the cost of being unable to walk comfortably ever again

Looks like some dudes need to stop watching Gattaca.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

As per US law any car that can travel 3/5ths of a football field in less 4/9ths of a jiffy and weighs more than two score and six hundredweights is a SUV.

Of course in some states it's solely based on how many rods to the hogshead it gets.

The 3/5ths rule is only in southern states.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Needs a smash edit with a Steve Austin entrance theme and video.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

bad_fmr posted:

Shitposting yourself to life in Malaysian hellprison. To own the libs. Truly an Ur-Goon.

This tracks because Twitter is like FYAD.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Tendales posted:

The cybertruck needs to be seasoned before use. Just rub it down all over with mineral oil and drive it into a 500F oven for 6 hours.

Unironically.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I couldn’t get scammed for 50k because I don’t have 50k.

So if you can get scammed for 50k and then write about it and not struggle, my sympathy still exists because I am not a cold-hearted person but it is significantly diminished.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Do you really think somebody would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?!?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
This thread is about 6 posts away from arguing about Sinti-Roma in a veiled way.

Pull up!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

Still not as bad as Reporter Get Hit By Fish (MATURE CONTENT)

This is actually a very unique issue that almost only occurs in America.

That is: fatal baseball injuries to children due to getting hitting the chest with a ball and it stops the heart.

:smith:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I know this was 20 pages ago but if you put baking soda into ketchup it will foam quite a bit. I do it on purpose when I make curry sauce for currywurst because after you stir it for a while it goes back to normal except it gives it a slightly lighter consistency and it reduces the sweetness of the ketchup. If she put even as much as a tablespoon or so in there it would have foamed up like that no problem.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
What’s worse is anyone who bought a home since around 2010 to before 2020 doesn’t want to give it up because having a mortgage of 2.25% is amazing on a home that appreciated easily around 30-50% in value since then, not to mention the equity accumulated, so the market is stagnant.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
O’Doyle Rules!

O’Doyle Rules!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Animals are just like children in that if you acquiesce or appease them then they will take advantage of you fwiw so every time you complain about an animal doing thing you don’t like it’s because you didn’t train it not to and/or don’t remain consistent and firm with the training.

So just be sure to blame yourself.

There are no bad dogs, only bad owners.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
They’re going for speed

She’s all alone

In a time of need

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
The fact he calmly descends is incredible restraint

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Stung by angry bee is in a tree.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Gyroscopic Drones are basically helicopters and benefit from ground effect.

While temperature and air density can have an effect their method of flight is similar to a helicopter. The same problems helicopters have, such as vortex ring state—which is most likely what you witness with a drone just falling out of the sky—will be present in drones.

There is a chance that a drone can experience receding blade stall but that requires a lot of speed. VRS is probably what you see.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Actually, yes.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
No but seriously helicopters and gyrocopters are an abomination of physics and human hubris.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
What will really piss you off is knowing that it’s actually a combination of the greek/latin roots helico and pter, and not heli and copter.

dialhforhero has a new favorite as of 02:42 on Mar 24, 2024

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Pissing in pools is a safe and legal thrill.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

Would you have been smoked by your DIs if you had just pissed your pants while running?

Depends, no pun intended—but the answer is yes. Situationally they would still have considered it and, though a highly bruised ego and an AMAZING nickname would forever follow suit your whole career, during a run like this probably nothing to kick you out.

Pissing a bed and other similar actions is an immediate discharge, though. If you can’t control bodily functions you probably have a neurological or psychological disorder and that’s a big red flag.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
See, what did I tell you about helicopters and gyrocopters and the like!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Cordyceps in the membrane

Cordyceps in the BRAIN

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I loving love biryani.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
He’s gonna use this to justify further why he doesn’t wear a seatbelt.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

Cursed knowledge:

1999 was a more innocent time :kiddo:

The late 90s to the early 2000s are horrific with the amount of misogyny. Like, disgusting amounts alongside homophobia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
It’s not that things aren’t good wrt misogyny. Rather, it’s not as widely accepted in basically all major sources of ubiquitous media like it was.

Like, that poo poo was a daily occurrence and common punch line in virtually every comedy show and talk show.

Words like whore/slut/bitch et al are not heard like they used to be in movies and songs and shows. Even prestige television avoids them pr if they are used it is usually from the bad guy and is a point in showing he is a bad guy.

Good guys slung that poo poo around back then, too.