Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Soul Dentist posted:

I love the personal schad

Ok.

This morning I was woken up an hour before my alarm by the yowling of one of my cats. So I got up to see what his deal was and it turns out he had bad gas. Fart, fart, fart, fart. I tried to go back to bed and he yowled again, so I just had to sit on the bathroom floor with him while he farted and comfort him.

:nms:Some of the farts were wet and spluttery. Some of the fluid got on my arm.:nms: Somehow it didn't smell like poo poo, though, which is nice I guess, if confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I get how he might feel his life was in danger. In the moment of some crazy person getting all in your face you don't know what they're going to do next.

Anyway, the right thing to do would be public execution of the YouTuber in the town square. :doink:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

For what it's worth, I initially thought "yeah there's no way that situation called for deadly force, shooter is guilty" and then I thought about how you really don't know what's going to happen when someone aggressive gets all in your face. I got punched in the face once by a guy that, in retrospect, was probably off his tits on meth and didn't realise I was in a fight until he hit me; I can totally understand someone with more sense/experience than me jumping to "this person means me deadly harm".

And then I tried to crack a bad joke that the correct solution is for the government to execute arsehole prankster streamers so that civilians don't have to, and ate a probe. So, moral of the story is make it much clearer when I'm making a bad joke, I guess?

Anyway, it's fine. Please stop shoving cameras in people's faces and pistols in people's guts. Go in peace.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 13:18 on Oct 1, 2023

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Raygereio posted:

Yeah. This rear end in a top hat's channel included bangers like peeing in stores, several videos of him stealing poo poo, and him demanding blowjobs from random passersby.
He didn't get shot for talking poo poo on twitter.

Ok, look, I think we're all on the same page here, but just to make sure: the guy's a shitbag harassing people for views. That doesn't actually warrant being killed. His behaviour might make a reasonable person honestly mistake him for a legitimate threat to their life, and so in the moment use of deadly force is not unreasonable. Our delivery driver almost certainly did not identify them on sight, weigh up the karmic balance of the idiot's youtube career, and Judge Dredd decide their fate, nor could or should he have. It looks to me like he thought his life was in danger and acted accordingly.

So. Youtuber is a shitsucker who shouldn't harass people and should probably be punished for that by the law. Shooter shot a guy who in actual fact wasn't a threat, but it is reasonable to believe that under pressure they may have believed he was.

Also dickhead got shot, haha bang schadenfreude, and lived to tell the tale.

I think that about covers it, right? Nobody legitimately thinks he shoulda died, we're all just unsympathetic to him being shot, right?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Unless the cop is eating poo poo, don't post it here :colbert:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Bored posted:

I like the “who knows what’s gonna come out of it!” Like as soon as they open it, a gajillion spiders flow out

I'll be honest, if they're tasty spiders then I'd be okay with that too.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

All Cats Are Beautiful

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Cats don't do facial expressions like we do. If you read their faces as if they're humans, you get "cats are the cops of the pet world" and "you came to the wrong neighbourhood, motherfucker".

If you read their body language like they're cats and not humans, their tails are right up and their ears forward. They're happy. If anything they're delighted to see the photographer.

E:

Ommin posted:

I truly believe that cats can sense how terribly allergic I am to them and seek me out for this reason. They are malicious beings that only wish us harm or subjugation.

It's probably specifically because you're not paying them any attention. Cats get nervous about eye contact and people going right up to them, for people they don't know. Not paying the cat attention and just doing your own thing is actually a fantastic way to let a cat know that you're chill, not a threat, and probably a good person to get scritches from.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 21:25 on Oct 9, 2023

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Ommin posted:

Well that sucks, but also good to know. The tables will turn now!

No probs. It's a pity about the allergies, too. A friend of mine with cat allergies seems to have had luck with plain ole antihistamines.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Ommin posted:

It's fine. Oddly, cats are the only animals that I am known to be allergic to, but I am allergic to drat near everything else. Pretty much every tree, grass, mold or pollen; drat near every seasonal allergy, I nearly max out everything on those prick tests (wink). I get weekly shots and take daily meds; I was just not meant to exist in this world apparently.

drat! That's rough 😔

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

Like how much a bunch

Several litres, at least. A whole Celsius.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

marshmallow creep posted:

Dog has some good beats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJKRbzEueZk

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

canyoneer posted:

Honestly it has to be hard, knowing that your preferred form of transportation is responsible for a lot of the economic and infrastructure problems in vast swaths of the country.

I thought it caused problems in the cities, not the country :confused:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I'm on Firefox, I use an adblocker, and I've never seen YouTube complain about it.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Inceltown posted:

I'm buying my music on Bandcamp and not giving Google any money. Don't have to worry about them killing the ability to access my media that way too.

I've got some bad news about Bandcamp's new owners 😞
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/oct/17/bandcamp-lays-off-half-its-staff-after-buyout-by-songtradr

I use(d) them a lot too. When I can't get stuff there, I use Qobuz. As far as I know they don't pay artists as well as Bandcamp do/did, but one of their stated goals is to be ethical about this, and they certainly pay more than YouTube or Spotify.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Crab Dad posted:

This was a bit right?

lol

Well, to be fair, Bandcamp can't do a drat thing about the music I have bought from them that I have sitting on my phone and my home NAS, and if/when they go bust it will still be there.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's one of those fiddly skill moves, you know if he'd connected that machine would be disintegrated into atoms

Yeah, he whiffed the fatality

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

nomad2020 posted:

Banjo joke:

“So, I left my banjo in the car unlocked overnight”

‘Oh no, that’s terrible. I’m so sorry.’

“Yea, I woke up and found that someone broke in and put another banjo in it.”

Look on the bright side, they could have given you a ukulele.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Does anyone know of a music file tag editor for Android that doesn't completely suck?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Everyone laugh at this person who can't edit their music tags, truly some schad

gently caress! New schad thread has the same image as the small questions thread...

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

St Javelina protects!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The Peccadillo posted:

Also once a very disfigured elderly Greek man gave me a flower vase full of wine for some reason

E: I googled it and it was probably an alabastron, which is reletaively normal thing to put wine in for old Greek people. Probably not to slurp on on tram rides and then gift to strangers. Never been to Greece can't say for sure

Holy poo poo, an amphora of wine? Just how elderly was the guy? A Trojan War veteran, or something?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Framboise posted:

I have adhd. Tried a couple meds and they jacked my anxiety through the roof to the point that l was better off dealing with the difficulty with focus and executive dysfunction without.

For what it's worth, this is also my experience. But I think I'm also very sensitive to stimulants, because if I have a proper, cafe-made cup of coffee in the morning there's a good chance I'll get fever dreams when I go to bed.

I'm currently taking 0.25mg dexamphetamine, by dissolving a 5mg tab in 50ml of water and taking 2.5ml. I find it helps. I keep thinking it doesn't make any goddamn sense that such a small dose should do anything and not be placebo, and yet A: I still get dry mouth, and B: every time I exceed that, it just makes me anxious. I keep thinking that it does just sound like such absolute bullshit, so today I took 0.5mg, and not only did it take me the whole day to get anything done but I was really anxious the whole time. :shrug:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

zoux posted:

I asked my dad when I was a little kid how old he was when he could grow a full beard, he said "I don't think I could grow a full beard today, we have too much Indian blood"

Strange! Indian beards are pretty Sikh!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Another dumb street fight video, this time it gets broken up by a local gang before it even starts

https://i.imgur.com/fquY5BN.mp4

Those are some especially good dogs!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Non posso parcheggiare lì, amico

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Oh I'm not falling for that one. This has "hey I can deal with this wild animal because I saw this internet video- aaargh my intestines why isn't it working" written all over it

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I think I'm smart for watching a lady pour beer into her boot? :confused:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

mobby_6kl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/EdT6gdT.mp4

Sorry I don't make the tiktock labels :(

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to direct that at you.

Also, the first thing I thought of when I saw liquid streaming into the boot, because I thought it was POV, was that the cameraman was pissing.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I've had a burger delivered to me from literally a few blocks away and it was cold by the time it got to me.

Everything else is always fine, but after that stone-cold boig I'm not going to repeat the experiment.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Yup. How the hell was a porcelain toilet supposed to make that noise, anyway?

E: haha apparently I posted yet another edit of that same soundtrack but with a different animal in this very thread

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 09:15 on Nov 8, 2023

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

...was he drunk? That's spectacularly bad decision making

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I actually bought a pizza stone to cook matzah better. Though I haven't tried it yet.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

You're not meant to pull the poostring because that might :nms: tighten it around sections of intestine, causing injury.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

PurpleXVI posted:

Actually I've had nightmares about driving cars since I was ten years old. So I figured, "hey, one way to beat this will be to get my driver's license, and then I'll see it's no big deal, and it'll get better." But no, it turned out the terror just passed into the real world and I'm terrified of driving cars there, too. And the nightmares continue.

OP used the word "just" to mean "simply". Leon is joking that they meant "recently".

mobby_6kl posted:

Outsourcing always bites you in the rear end

Ha, amateur! If there's one thing I've learned from the shitton of Hitman I've been playing recently it's that you always get caught trying to move the body, and it works out much better to just leave them where they lay.

Then you only get "oh my god, a dead body!" rather than "oh my god, that man is dragging a dead body!"

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

What the gently caress does a cop need spare magazines to be armed for anyway?

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 03:01 on Nov 15, 2023

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Air Skwirl posted:

But with all his other stuff you need a lot of highly trained people doing different things working together. Beer you just need a guy from a brewery, or really just a random person on your engineering staff with that as a hobby. I can't build a car, even if I had the money to do it. Like, how do bottle tops rust? Was he demanding weird bespoke bottle tops? I've had bottles sitting in a closet for a year or two and the tops weren't rusted.

With all his stuff he has to personally interfere with everything because he's convinced he knows best. You can gently caress up absolutely anything at all under those circumstances.

Joe from engineering who likes to brew beer probably got overruled on something loving stupid

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

https://topointarchery.com.au/products/chest-guard

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I skimmed though the Wikipedia page for depressing fat guy and decided it was just too sad to bother with the docco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

It's still

Air Skwirl posted:

Why would you have a shot glass full of cleaning solution in the area people are doing tequila shots?

I mean, seriously now, why does this keep happening? Haven't people learned from Jon Arbuckle accidentally drinking cat jizz and getting pregananant?