Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Forever the best thing any news/morning show has ever done in the history of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

My biggest fear in big cities is that I'll have to try to park a car.

Found this online years ago and it's still the simplest guide I've ever seen for parallel parking.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

What amazing is that it's the same people from the "It burns!" video.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Pretzellogic posted:

I've heard it as not hitting the sides, and landing on some bagpipes. Or an accordion, depending.

I always thought accordians were a joke instrument until I heard this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWmHGjR3gWc

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Takes No Damage posted:

mycrimes.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnTLtHV-OWU

I hate it when people say this too, but in this case......... wait for it :getin:

Uncut dashcam feed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8gMd9XZJyg

"Registered sex offender"

Yeah, class act all 'round, this guy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Mega Comrade posted:

Lol 800mg is still double the recommended daily limit.

As little as 3g can kill you. But some people can take as much as 10g.

quote:

The FDA estimates toxic effects, like seizures, can be observed with rapid consumption of around 1,200 milligrams of caffeine

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

So busy watching the guy on top of the truck, I didn't even notice the other guy had a gun until he ate the gas bottle.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Hyperlynx posted:

Honestly this is making me want to get a Christmas tree, for my cats. (I'm Jewish)

Just make a really big menorah and put trees in it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Why would Korea be so expensive? I know they have insanely good internet.

Maybe it was just too popular?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
But is that per MB, or because of the sheer volume?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Merkin Muffley posted:

I was really hoping this was the same woman I saw at a Chipotle in Ohio hurling food at the workers, but it's not.

Every store should be like the Taco Bell that completely separates customers and staff.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That my problem with super hot stuff - so often they taste like poo poo.

They're designed for macho idiots to show off to other macho idiots. Man, I just want some tasty hot poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Inceltown posted:

Not calling you out on this but it still sounds like it should be bullshit. Pretty hosed up thing for reality to pull on us.

Nah, our brains lie to us constantly. About everything.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

snergle posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Yucateco-XXXtra-Habanero-Sauce-Foods/dp/B00ICT42CI

not super spicy but its hot and tasty it is the upper limit of my spice limit so its not tapatio or something either

Thank you and the other goon for the tasty spice recommendations. Cheers.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Karate Bastard posted:

There were allegations of political dissidents in the microtransactions.

Xi was worried there were Uyghurs hiding in lootboxes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Actually, yeah good point. Whoever wrote that law understands exactly how lootboxes, battlepasses, the whole thing works. And cut the whole thing off at the knees clean with no wiggle room.

I thought battlepasses were just like season tickets to play on official servers. Never thought to look further.

Which is probably why they were named that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Armacham posted:

It's just cockney rhyming slang. Yankee became yank, which became tank, which became septic tank, which became seppo

What a pack of Berks.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"Squirrel gram! Squirrel gram for Mongo!"

https://i.imgur.com/8LfUMQ7.mp4

"This wasn't covered in the training video."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Tunicate posted:

Not your genetic predisposition, your very real heart condition that you have to hide by using recordings of someone else's heartbeats on all your medical tests

Oh yeah, that guy totally killed everyone on his spaceflight.

My sympathy for someone in a eugenic hellscape fades into nothingness when they want to be the navigator on an interplanetary vessel where dozens of lives depend on them and they have a fatal heart condition.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

One of the dumbest endings of a movie ever. Stopping an alien invasion through the power of youtube videos.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

credburn posted:

haha what? What movie is this?

As FreshFeesh said, it's The Arrival with Charlie Sheen before he went off the drug cliff and was still a charismatic actor who could headline a movie.

Everything up until the last few minutes is a perfectly fine if forgettable "aliens are secretly invading Earth and only one man knows the truth" movie.

But, yeah, you really get the feeling they wrote themselves into a corner.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

On the edge of my seat waiting for him to fall arse over tit.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Sound required

https://i.imgur.com/XAXmUXV.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
If the camera is pointed at you, ignore the idiot trying to "prank" you or whatever and go for the idiot with the camera.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Soul Dentist posted:

That's some big talkin', fellas

I was thinking more about 'prankers' like the guy who attacks people while his bodyguard is right next to him. gently caress that guy.

But, also, yes that was a dumb comment I made. I own up to it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Torrannor posted:

Instant karma

Speaking of - first of the new year from Aussie Dash Cams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBEGIRK8ZF0

2:20 - "That's what you get for not loving merging on the freeway at 100(kph)" If only every piece of poo poo who did a merge at 60 got pulled up by the cops.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 13:19 on Jan 7, 2024

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I'm confused. Were they on their phone or something? Did the boom gates come down and they just panicked and froze?

Were they just incredibly loving stupid?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Coffee Sludge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ_4oiLkoIQ

I'd say he was incredibly loving stupid for stopping where he did. The bridge operator also didn't clear the bridge so didn't notice he was there (view obstructed apparently). Also Florida.

Thanks. Good to hear the operator got fired.

Stupidity all around.

Also: Florida.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

What's the weight rating on that ladder? 20kg?

Looked way too frail for any adult to be using, let alone a large one.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Internet schad from the "Youtube creators drama" thread in Rapidly Going Deaf

At the end of last year a Youtuber who makes terribly animated videos about beatboxing cartoon characters which are somehow super popular (he's clocked up over a billion views, wtf) posted a video asking for donations to save his channel because he was deep in debt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1l_3leCKhw

It turns out that he went broke because he spent $50,000 commissioning a 3 minute 'sexy' animation featuring himself and a character from an obscure cartoon called Hazbin Hotel: https://www.thefocus.news/trending-news/youtuber-verbalase-allegedly-spent-50000-to-create-sexy-animation-of-hazbin-hotel-character/

The kicker: the 'sexy' cartoon is just softcore hijinx, he spent 50k to get blueballed by a cartoon character

Wait - was this through the actual creators of the show or just some random animator? I read the article but it wasn't clear.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I can't even listen to those wresters panting without feeling just bad in the chest.

Like, a visceral reaction, but with my lungs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I checked Youtube for the ASMR videos with the highest view counts just to see what's actually popular and there's absolutely no way it's not a fetish thing, just going by the thumbnails alone. There's a whole lotta people gagging on vaguely phallic items and foreign objects being pried out of body parts

:wtc::wtc:

I just posted about this in the First World Problems thread. I watched a random youtube video about an old man in a traditional Japanese barber shop because it seemed cool and, being bald, I actual do kinda miss getting haircuts. I failed to see that it was ASMR, because the title was also in Japanese and I didn't pay it much mind.

I've now blocked maybe 100 different channels and wiped my entire youtube history to try and stop the creepy bullshit youtube's been recommending to me ever since.

I can sympathise with people who are so starved for human interaction that a video where a woman makes intense eye contact with the camera while pretending to comb your hair and whisper spitting into a microphone seems attractive. I can pity them even.

Just, please, keep your creepy bullshit out of my recommendations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Star Trek Strange New Worlds had a good take on that.

Two people got sent back in time and ended up in the middle of a city. The first says, "Ah we appear to be in 21st century New York"

The other says, "No, it's just Vancouver."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
https://i.imgur.com/gy6pulN.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I like how that one guy behind her had so much sympathy for her, right until she got hit by the second ball, then he started laughing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

derp posted:

i much prefer seeing videos cut off abruptly than ten minutes of 'wait for it'

'wait for it' is just another way to spell 'i dont know how to edit'

Or, the goon favourite of "watch this video" and they link a 50 minute video with no timestamp. Then get lovely with everyone when they complain.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The Killing Jelq posted:

I like to think that it’s the exact heist described in this tweet

So I'm guessing, they make money by lovely ads?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

What was he trying to achieve there, exactly?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

SecretOfSteel posted:

I had a string of work emails recently from someone trying to solicit some work, something tangential to what I do and may be useful in the future, but the emails were twice as long as they needed to be and littered with lord of the rings references and I hated it. They kept emailing back but I hate that poo poo! I'm a professional with decades of experience and kids so I'm tired and I'm busy and I don't need your childish poo poo.

Brevity you fucker, brevity.

Also I hope Disney go all in, those lawyers are well paid and don't gently caress around.

gently caress me, I feel this post.

If you have something to send to me, go over it at least twice and cut out everything which doesn't need to be there. Then cut more.

Then put it in bullet points and cut it in half, again.

Then ask yourself, "Do I really need to send this at all?"

Then delete it.

Voila, perfect message length.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

You want to google neon yellow vinyl wrap, having it professionally done costs $2-3k

If you're going for a wrap, get one of these patterns where it looks like it's moving all the time: