Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I mean, how else could it end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

credburn posted:

I see so many people riding these things around town, and I always wonder what they do at stoplights, but I never get the chance to see them at one.

One weird trick to get really good at track stands.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Tunicate posted:

Depends on which average you mean

:hmmyes:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

credburn posted:

I don't mean to sound like such a boomer but... it's a few seconds of a scare. When I was a kid, my mother woke me up on New Years and made me run down the icy road in my underwear at midnight while her friends fired roman candles at me. If we had tiktoks back then I would have been a viral star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6NC0rKLZuU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Why are these so upsetting?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

ASMR to me seems like weird fetish poo poo.

Believe it or not it really is a reaction that some people get. I know because I used to get it all the time when I was a little kid. Episodes of Painting with Bob Ross would trigger it for me and I would get this weird sensation of pulsating "relaxation" that would start on the crown of my scalp and pass over my entire head. I would just be completely zoned out and zombified. My parents thought it was weird at first but then figured out they could use it to make me calm the gently caress down when I was being annoying.

At some point I stopped having that reaction and now Bob Ross just sounds like a whispering hippie to me same as anyone else. The closest sensation I've felt to ASMR in my adult life was when I was in a wreck and the doctor gave me the really good pain pills.

Edit: Though I guess it must have turned into a weird fetish thing at some point. I can't imagine people with actual ASMR are sustaining all of these video creators.

wash bucket has a new favorite as of 04:22 on Jan 17, 2024

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Karate Bastard posted:

Yes. Everyone is their avatar, this is known.

What!?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

This thread used to be quality!

The thread’s aesthetics are in shambles.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

credburn posted:

... isn't the "a-ok" sign a white power thing now?

Not really. That was some sort of own-the-libs plot. "lol let's trick libs into thinking the OK gesture is a racism thing by being racists and doing the OK gesture all the time." Kinda like tricking someone into thinking their house is on fire by setting their house on fire.

It fizzled out at some point.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Strictly speaking it was a white supremacist thing but they were just doing it to stir poo poo and that probably shouldn't be the default read on that gesture.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

credburn posted:

What! Someone here called me out on it. So it's a-okay to use the a-okay sign again?

e: what if it's upside-down so it looks like an M -- an inverted W

Apparently there's a whole section of a Wikipedia article about this very thing: OK gesture - White power symbol

I guess it got more traction than I realized but all the examples are from the Trump years.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

How do you not remember where you parked your car? Is your brain full of lead residue?

Mister Speaker posted:

Seems to me that if I owned something worth several thousand dollars that I continue to pay for on a weekly and annual basis, an object that I also require to get me to work every day, that I'd remember exactly where I left it at all times.

mad?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

oh god dont tease

Seriously, don't do this to us.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Well that was quite a journey for a 10 second video.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

That just looks like a literal booby trap.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Then that was an incredibly bad way to try and close off that path/trail.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Time to end the politics derail :thanks:

No I still have things to say about the Folgers incest commercial.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

The General posted:

Already broke the window, might aswell keep the cart.

Like did they think taking the cart back out would unbreak the window?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

lol god drat that looked like it hurt.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Bald Stalin posted:

Dogs can't look after you when you're old and full of micro plastics

Bold of you to assume my children will still be on speaking terms with me when I'm old.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

madmatt112 posted:

Have you ever tried to say “no” to a chimp?!

No.

Edit: Wait, does that count?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Are you sure you clicked right? I know for a while they've been playing those games where the update notifications are designed to get you to agree to the upgrade when you think you're just lazily clicking through another 10 update. I really hope they're not starting to actually force them.

I would yank the drat hard drive out of my computer if that happened. I just built a new gaming PC that's apparently compatible with Win11 in some way my old one wasn't because Win10 has been reeeally pushy about upgrading. Hasn't actually forced anything yet though.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I lucked out hardcore and count my blessings all the time. All of the conditions were right and I ended up owning a home in my 30s.

edit: it's small, maybe 1000sqft but it's all I need and I fully plan on dying here. I feel bad for everyone else. :(

Sup "bury me in my starter home" buddy.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Is closing a door not an option?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

SpacePig posted:

And what, trapping the cat in the room?

Work out in a different room and shut the door.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

My cats will scratch at and damage closed doors and the carpet/flooring near them if they're shut out of a room that I'm in.

You shouldn’t let them do that.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Atticus_1354 posted:

Kennel train your cat. Why are you letting a 15lb animal bully you?

It's probably the toxoplasma talking.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Where is everyone finding these landlords that actually fix things? Even when I lived in a large apartment complex with a maintenance crew they never fixed anything and just left a work order that said, “It’s fine.”

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

Why on earth would you try and pet a coyote. If they're friendly enough to get that close there's a good chance they have rabies.

They didn't know that. But they do now.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Pull up thread!

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

bad_fmr posted:

In 'murica you pound the beers, hop into your truck and drive to the next place while pissing into a jug. Its the way of the road, Bubs.

The roadsides around here are littered with Gatorade bottles full of not Gatorade.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

This exceeded my expectations. Thank you.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Let em go I say.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

If this ain't the place, let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYbApaKZZxM

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Tesla has been around for two decades. Why is the cyber truck so full of rookie mistakes?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Their other cars were designed by car-designers.

Sounds like a solid strategy. What changed?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Apparently cows are really curious. When I was a kid one of my friends lived on a dairy farm. One day they were milking the cows and his dad demonstrated this by hanging his coat on a wall the cows had to walk past to leave the milking parlor. Every single cow stopped to check out that coat.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Kuros posted:

Whatever works, Lao Gan Ma has the stern lady on the package and they sell the most chili crisp in the world.

I tried this once. Didn’t care for it. Which is a bummer because I wanted to have my socks knocked off.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Do you think he learned anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

Are you not American? Hard R is a pretty well known term on this side of the Atlantic.

I can see how someone would mix it up. It's an allusion to a slur but when you think "R slur" there is more than one. And because we're trying not to say exactly what it means there's room for confusion.

If someone is trying to not say or do hurtful things and they get mixed up that doesn't really feel like a problem.

wash bucket has a new favorite as of 04:10 on Apr 25, 2024