Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Spookydonut posted:

for me it was a tie between that and sein asking for a dance and frieren saying shes too busy eating cake

No. The best part was Gabel begging for Frieren to make up her goddamn mind.

Oh god....I want to call temporary dibs. Is it time to retire Aiko?

Edit: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm anime only. And I'm still waiting for other tiny elf with creepy smile sitting on the (Demon Lord's?) throne to pop up. :colbert:

The final boss is obviously going to be an elf that went Drow-evil on us.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just want to say. The presence of a tiny bird that is able to attain supersonic speeds without the aid of mana tickles me greatly.

I also like the orange coloring. :allears:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
1. Denken rolling in with that peakaboo style upper.

2. Kanne used Surf. It was super effective.

Why dis show so good?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

GateOfD posted:

Get Stark some mystic eyes of death perception

You don't need to see death lines when your attacks flatten the entire being.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

SlowBloke posted:

Also i don't think there is a real 50 cal in the whole of Japan, that's airsoft at best with smoke added in post.

The JSDF/JMSDF most def has .50 crew serve. Yes, I know what you meant.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

duz posted:

You see it coming from a mile away but it's still hilarious.

I lol'd so hard as soon as it cut to Frieren crouching in front of a chest. So good. :allears:

I do like how we got both big action and big character this episode by splitting the duties between the multiple parties. I'm going to be so mad if Denken dies or fails.

Edit:

And of course Fluffdaddy immediately switches to drill Frieren.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 18, 2024

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

:perfect:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
After the shot of all the clones converging on the bottom level, I was 100% expecting the cliffhanger to be Fern arriving to gently caress up the rear guard. But I'm guessing if that happens, it's going to be next episode.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just realized that Sense's hair is what is putting Serie's cloak on her in the OP.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I think Stark and Naruto would’ve been good pals.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Übel operates less like a wizard and more like a sorcerer. Though her CHA stat reflects a kind of off-putting anti-charisma.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 11, 2024

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Frieren not holding a giant hamburg steak or a plushy treasure chest is fail.

Also, what?! I want a giant chibi Frieren thingy. :stare:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

lol. That seller emitting high intensity furry energy.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Fern being the youngest mage to hit 1st class (I’m assuming) is perfect. A quirky subdued personality amongst a cavalcade of quirky subdued personalities.

What are the odds the group of 1st class we see attending for Serie this episode represent the bulk if not all them? How many are out doing field work or are attending for various kingdoms?
Also, “Lernen”? lol

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I’m also somewhat ticked that we didn’t see Denken’s adjudication. I’m gonna be so loving mad if we don’t get some sort of interaction between him and Serie and he just gets passed/failed offscreen.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

NmareBfly posted:

I think there's a reasonable chance Serie is actually doing something like amplifying her mana so it looks like she has more than she does.

Ehhhh. That's technically a possibility based on what we know, but that seems counter to the themes of the show. If Serie was actually amping her mana as a "gently caress you" to Flamme and Frieren's life's work, it would mean she's faking her status. And that doesn't fit with everything we've already seen and heard about her. She's really just that powerful because she's really that much older and experienced.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

The junk collector posted:

Fern has also been learning to suppress her mana since she was like 6. Heiter was training her based on what he knew from Frieren before she became Frieren's apprentice so mana suppression is just a natural part of being a mage for her instead of a learned skill like everyone else most of whom picked it up hundreds or thousands of years into their lives.

This also goes back to Frieren's claim that Fern's Zoltraak it a good counter against her because Fern's been casting it her whole life, but Fern's only delt with it for the last 60 years or so.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
It needs Serie’s frog elf’s ears.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sydin posted:

"What's your favorite spell"
"Field of flowers"
"That's dumb, you're dumb"
"Yeah it's pretty dumb, except the time it catalyzed my joining the party that defeated the demon king and bringing peace to the world that part was neat"
"..."
"Anyway have fun not failing my student because she kicks too much rear end, later"

Frieren's delivery of そう and walking off when Serie goes all was absolutely perfect. :allears:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The shot of Serie handing Fern her choice of grimoire was way more "nyoron~~" than I was expecting. Particularly with the voice over, I expected more barely contained rage or dejection.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Arc Hammer posted:

Why didn't Frodo just use magic make an astral projection of himself to carry the Ring to Mordor while he stayed at home drinking tea and smoking pipeweed? Is he stupid?

The one part of the books I was always sad they never touched in the movies (but is wholly understandable) was the invasion of the Shire and all the dumb Sarumon + Grima shenanigans surrounding that.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Arc Hammer posted:

A self replicating army of Land clones wouldn't even need to attack anyone. It would probably turn into a dungeon wide Gray Goo scenario.

The Spiegel clones are still limited by the original's mana capacity. What we don't know is how much mana it takes for Land to make a clone of himself.

Edit: Also, I would request a spell that lets me communicate in every language and comms system with native fluency. Spoken, written, pictorial, somatic, you name it.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 23, 2024

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The flower field spell but for baked goods.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TwoPair posted:

It is hilarious (and kinda badass) that according to Wirbel's story in the alst episode, apparently the demons really started acting up after Himmel died. Like even as a short old man most of them were like "dude just stick to the woods and eat animals or something, that dude who killed the Demon King could still be out there!"

Everyone knows it was the Umbral Dragon Horn. When he gave it back to Frieren, don't think the demons didn't notice.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnUY_wFDD40&t=33s

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Frieren sitting in the cart is the icing on the cake.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, Kotobukiya is releasing this figure around October. Should I preorder it?
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/frieren-beyond-journeys-end-frieren-kotobukiya-913146

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised it is still available for preorder at some shops. But you know this is going to be one of those things that jumps 50% the minute it hits the secondary market. >_>

Edit: Also, I found this. :v:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/275653?o=4

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 9, 2024

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TwoPair posted:

Get two, paint one brown and sell it somewhere as a very exclusive Copy Frieren. :eng101:

As cute as that would be, I feel that would only work if the figure was in her Frieren, the Slayer pose or casting that sunburst spell during the mirror match. Not the Flowers-for-Young-Himmel stance. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I put the two Frieren figures on pre-order. :allears: