Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sakurazuka posted:

Soon it'll be AI QA
Bot-based QA has been used by medium to big devs for quite a while and excels at finding certain categories of bugs so I can easily see how extending those would be appealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vermain posted:

i think it's solely due to the fact that horror media across all mediums is at least in part predicated on there being a monster out to get you, whether that's just a human being monstrous or an actual honest-to-god supernatural evil, and that priming means that it's what most people will gravitate towards when making their own spinoff idea
Likely also because the original post was a House of Leaves ripoff from the get go and HoL does have a monster (which is indeed likely representing trauma, but also no maze should be without a minotaur and all that).

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
We have KDA at home.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Video Games Thx posted:

How much of it is ARG poo poo? How many sliding block puzzles? Any Morse to decode? Magic squares to fill in?

It's all self-contained, and more like what if Zelda had a 99th quest and cryptic riddles indicating where and how to access secrets rather than a collection of classic puzzles. You get an auto-decoder for weird languages and codes, as long as you can find it and its firmware updates and work around some of its quirks. Also the game has opinions about just hitting every wall to find secrets without understanding the riddles, and by that I mean booby trapped walls.

Personally I love it, but I needed a mystery game that'd keep me occupied for a long time. As a result my blind playthrough of La Mulana 1 has been ongoing since 2016, currently stuck in the last third where the riddles really ramp up, and I've got a shelf full of Pepe Silva charts and maps for it.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Feldegast42 posted:

that is the least legible video game title I have ever seen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natsuiro_High_School:_Seishun_Hakusho
See the note.