Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Sydin posted:

What the hell is up with Stanton? He's going through what feels like a late-30's slugger decline even though he's only 33.

My expert opinion as a someone who is old, never played organized sports past 9th grade, and has never had any sort of medical training whatsoever is that his swing is killing him. It seems 95% of his power comes from torquing his lower back violently, which I imagine is tolerable to one's body when they are in their 20s, but holy crap, I cannot fathom doing that more than once a year and being able to walk or sit or do anything besides lay very still for a week or so after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Dameius posted:

I knew those Garcia dingers were sus, it was Jesus all along.

I just want to see someone blame God for a loss.

"So what happened out there?"
"Well, we prayed in the clubhouse like we always do, but I just didn't have my out pitch today. I think Jesus really let the team and the fans down."

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

triple sulk posted:

ohtani is not worth 700 million dollars sorry

baseball players are comically overpaid to begin with but that's a truly sickening amount of money

If the owners make a dime, the players are not overpaid.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Poque posted:

Jorbit Vivas

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Turns out Yamamoto was impressed with their presentation, but it was the font and backgrounds of the slide deck.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

tadashi posted:

Leave it to the Cubs to sign a flyball pitcher to pair with their gold glove infield defense.

Settle down mcmagic.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
brb, gonna run out to the store in an intimidating manner.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
What teams see in IKF is: "[any position besides starting pitcher] needs a night off, put in IKF" I think.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Gerblederp posted:

Jesus Christ baseball can’t come quickly enough

:emptyquote:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Soul Glo posted:

name sounds like he from the shire

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Shire! Boegarts!

Just when I think the thread couldn't get any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Carlosologist posted:

Manfred finally getting more balls in play