Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://x.com/meidastouch/status/1499095230141775872 i think this is the moment that proved Ron desantis was hosed on the national stage. Less what he said and more that he is a weird Uber control freak who snaps off at the littlest poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

He's actually been working pretty steadily the whole time. Either he's got the world's biggest coke habit or he just loves the acting business.

I think he just likes it, he can also pick what he wants to do now either out of interest or pay, honestly good for him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Extra row of tits posted:

I heard it changed her face so radically her parents failed to recognise her when they saw her post surgery!

What did Gina Carano do? I knew she got poo poo canned for saying something but I’ve never been remotely interested in any of the terrible SW tv shows.

she went chud over covid poo poo and then compared anti vax stuff to surving the holocaust. now she basicaly trys to make money off chud movies.

Tara strong is doing the same poo poo. some of it i can sorta understand but then she basicaly started screaming about how the muslims were gonna kill all the jews everywhere. then she got booted off an upcoming indie animation and got pissed.
https://twitter.com/sepiacense/status/1711807072759939341
https://twitter.com/IndieIANNetwork/status/1712905218898190827
she was always kinda nuts so i am not shocked she went down this path.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jestery posted:

Yeah Tara strong got into weird veteran affairs with a chud husband or some poo poo

like she doesnt tend to post chud poo poo normally, she is mostly loud liberal lady which is fine, i vaguely remember reading about her posting weird horny poo poo as her characters(specifically the one from mlp) sometimes. also apperently she dived into the cospiracy hole during covid.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

emSparkly posted:

And his son's directing career ended with Bright lmao.

oh boy thats a fun story. so my gfs step dad was college friends with him(my gfs mom wanted a younger man and chose a weird goon and he MIGHT be reading this) any way step dad was friends with him in college and apperently Max has like brain thing thats basicaly like super rage bipolar or some poo poo so he loving flips emotions real loving fast, anyway he got his cat from max because max broke up with a girl and took her cat and i guess she didnt give a poo poo because the cat died like a year ago while living with step dads mom. also the went their seperate ways because he wanted step dad to do some hosed up poo poo as "revenge" on a girl he broke up with.

unrelated but step dad is also related to smedley butler.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Stink Billyums posted:

he only wrote that, david ayer directed

i love how people still want the "AYER CUT" to that awful suicide squad movie. like lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

great big cardboard tube posted:

I'm just glad I don't ever have to see him guesting on red letter media again

its very clear they are kinda uncomfortable with him. like everyone makes fun of rich, but he got really really stupidly intense the whole time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

redshirt posted:

LOL I just want to laugh at those clowns behind Game of Thrones.

And this quote lives "rent free" in my head still:

"Danni kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet"

that shits the best because they had the world by the rear end and then pissed it mostly away because they couldnt stick the landing. they had loving star wars money being rolled toward them so they loving rushed the ending so bad that show is basicaly dead least until house of the dragons came back and was actually good.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

redshirt posted:

Like a Greek legend about Hubris and mocking the Gods.

yeah i just find it funny. i follow alot of media creatives of late and the smart ones take their time with poo poo and only show off oppertunties when they are fully done. these stupid fucks just decided to "yeah idk it all ends bad and the cripple is king just like dune" and then ended it. what sucks is i could think of like 20 or so easy fixes that would have softened alot of the badness without even changing that much.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

Vic Morrow and two Vietnamese children, don't forget them :smith:

yeah. that whole story is depressing and if you havent listen to the landis episode of behind the bastards because it shows what a loving shitshow it was. he got high on his own supply and wanted to make poo poo as "accurate" as possible and payed the kids parents under the table and lied to them about the dangers and other poo poo and kept having the chopper do more dangerous poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

I don't really think John Landis' career ever died, even though it should have. The Twilight Zone movie came out in 83, he still did Coming to America, Spies Like Us, Three Amigos, and a whole host of smaller projects. He pretty much just retired at a certain point, he got away scot-free despite definitely being culpable for 3 deaths. I don't give a poo poo how good Blues Brothers is, this guy should have paid for his crimes.

As for Max Landis, yeah, hopefully that guy's career is dead and buried. He made those "Death and Return of Superman" and "Wrestling Isn't Wrestling" short films which everybody loved at the time. He had insane cameos from all kinds of stars, despite these things basically boiling down to "Max Landis talks about a thing with only the slightest amount of criticism or original thought". But "Wrestling Isn't Wrestling" had a bunch of babes dressed as wrestlers so it got really popular, WWE even talked about it, and I think that launched Landis to the point that he could make Bright. Then he made Bright, was revealed as a massive sex pest and an actual rapist, and even said that his crimes weren't that bad because he "wasn't a real celebrity".

bright is a case of how an idiot builds world building. because there is stuff in their thats almost interesting but like nothing changes. like you have an earth timeline where fantasy stuff like lord of the rings is real but the orcs mostly rebeled against not sauron and their are still weird poo poo brewing over that but also all of american history still happened like the alamo. like that doesnt work.

Spinz posted:

I still am flabbergasted at how Game of Thrones was rushed at the end, I still just can't believe it.

yeah, like the ending was never gonna be amazing because of how meh the last couple seasons were but lol.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Roblo posted:

Biggest example of people just dropping the ball I can think of. *Everyone* was talking about GoT, then it finished and everyone just ...forgot it existed. All enthusiasm just vanished.

yeah. the last episode before the awful battle, the hype was nuts and it had some genuinly good moments and then WOOOPS. and what sucks is there were so many moments that could have been easily redone that at least made some of the moments actually sorta work. espcially the Jamie plotline and arya/hound stuff.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ghost emoji posted:

Has this thread discussed Milli Vanilli yet?

These guys achieved three number-one hits from just one album, and for a brief moment, they were on top of the world. But once everybody found out they weren't even singing their own songs, their careers practically disintegrated overnight.

(The practice of hiring models as "visual performers" in pop music was a fairly common practice, bound to backfire sooner or later. Martha Wash is a prime example of a supremely talented vocalist who never got the credit she deserved because she didn't have the right look.)

I honestly feel bad for the two faces of Milli Vanilli, Rob and Fab. They found themselves in a binding contract without proper legal counsel and, in Fab's case, in a language he couldn't even read. They were trapped in a situation where they felt they had no choice but to go along with the scheme. The alternative was paying back the advance, which, for two guys who were broke as hell, was all but impossible.

they were on the super mario show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7RTJyhhHs0
the original airing had "their" music.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

I think at least one of the pretty boys they got as fronts later published a record showing that he actually could carry a tune. I think he got the worst part of it.

didnt one of them commit sucide like a couple years ago or something depressing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Busters posted:

There's a few unedited and restored versions of this floating around. The super Mario show was like the party house crash couch for 90s celebs. Some great episodes with the c teir celebrities showing up. My favorite one is when Cyndi lauper comes over to tell Mario that his favorite wrestler, Captain Lou is in town. And because Mario is being played by cap, the episode devolves into him entering and exiting the set "just missing" himself.

But this thread is about the moment careers died, and luckily for us, that moment is captured on tape for Milli Vanilli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvPXmkYMHFg

One of their best songs too. You know it's true.

The irony is, after "Girl you know it´s". The word 'true' refuses to play.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I love how Weiss and Bennioff dodged accountability for the final season for months, skipping Comic Con and going subterranean on social media, then did what they thought was gonna be a small-scale intimate discussion panel at some book fair thing where they said they loving nailed the finale, it was perfect, no notes, and of course it was live blogged on Twitter and exploded everywhere online and literally the next day LucasFilm was like "Dan Weiss and David Bennioff are no longer making a Star Wars movie for our company."

And then it came out they were were actually fired in like May of that year, like the week after the show ended, and LucasFilm was just waiting for the moment when the two dipshits resurfaced and open their dipshit mouths to make it official.

i never saw that.

HJE-Cobra posted:

I like how the original airing of the Milli Vanilli episode of the Mario show aired in October 1990, presenting the band as cool and good. But this was already months after the lipsyncing in the concert thing happened and people were making jokes about Milli Vanilli being fake. Then Rob and Fab were fired in November 1990 and it was confessed that they did not sing on their records.

Just like, lol that was pretty bad timing on making that episode

yeah, even lovely animation like that takes at least MONTHS to put together. so yeah lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Busters posted:

The "Rick and Morty Sounds Wrong" thread reminded me that funnyman Justin Roiland turned out to be a poo poo sack, and some of his jokes about toxic relationships weren't jokes.

Which also reminded me of Unknown Hinsion. Who was canceled for attacking Dolly Parton and BLM.

Three things about that: Hinsion's whole character was bombastic, crude and over the top. Maintained it for so long that it became him. He would say things like he founded the entire Country Western Genre and claimed he was more talented than any other artist out there. To quote the man: "Ahm every woymans dream. Ah sold moar records than Elvis and them there Beatles together"

What I'm saying is, it's not clear that his horrible comments weren't just shitposting

Secondly, dude is old as hell. I don't expect him to have an informed or progressive opinion. I'm not looking to him for moral guidance, and he's spending all the money he gets on alkehol, boner pills, getars and fake teeth.

Thirdly, he apologized. And not one of those "sorry you didn't get my jokes" apologies. He acknowledged he said the wrong thing.

But Squidbillies is nothing without his voice. I think they got canned, or on indefinitely hiatus, because the new voice isn't good enough.

whats funny is listning to roiland during unscripted poo poo is painful. I find him funny when he has some weird walls and poo poo he can bounce off of but holy gently caress. i like edgy humor and weird hosed up jokes (one of my favorites https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF1L0t4ahTQ ) but roiland doesnt know when to stop and i dont mean content wise, i mean he legit doesn't know when to stop because he needs a loving laugh or he gets weird and sad. like in the pervert texts you can clearly see how desperate he is for any kind of validation or laugh. like jesus christ dude, chill the gently caress out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

teen witch posted:

Yeah, gently caress him too. I haven’t seen the newer episodes but there are far better people to replace Hinson with. Honestly a rotating voice cast would have been cool.

Did they ever solve that issue with Roiland?

https://twitter.com/hahamoose/status/1713759382092026103
yeah they got some good sound alikes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

In regards to GoT being too dark the same thing happened in the spin off. There were multiple scenes where you just had to take their word that something was happening because it was completely unintelligible.

that was mostly that one beach episode, the rest is mostly seeable thank god.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I love how he started everything completely unprompted and then blames everyone else for the consequences of his own actions.

It's like poetry. A really old loving poem that all of these people who are "cancelled" seem to recite.

you know its because his phone started blowing up with "yo dude, please dont do this" type poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Kit Walker posted:

He just reminds me of a dude I know in a really lovely relationship with a wife who clearly doesn't love him, who overcompensates by being really defensive about his wife. Can't say a bad thing about her. It probably settles his heart to think, "well at least no one can say I didn't try my hardest." Will Smith should just get a divorce

yeah. like if rock had been really really mean, maybe, but yeah. smith comes off as weird inscure dude who has to defend his possibly abusive spouses honor.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Corzaa posted:

You all saw that look she gave him before he got up.

yeah. what a loving dork. like i get wanting to defend your spouse and thats honestly normally not a bad thing. but this fucker is clearly in a dead lovely relationship thats "open" and now he has to perform some act of violence in some hope of "see its working".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/SethMacFarlane/...%5Es1_&ref_url=

cool country we have.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

One time Dr Phil invited the dude that created Bum Fights onto his show to confront him about exploiting vulnerable people for financial gain and the guy showed up dressed like Dr Phil and pointed out he did the exact same thing and :lmao:

nobody's career ended really but that should've been a kill shot for the Dr Phil Show if the man had any sense of shame at all (he doesnt)

also bumfights guy is an rear end in a top hat too just for the record

I mean people like him are loving sociopaths who think everything is funny joke and are too dumb to realize when poo poo gets serious or hosed up even for them. he probably posts on kiwifarms now

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

yeah now that you mention it, bumfights guy absolutely sounds like someone that would post on kiwifarms. What a damning indictment of someone lol. That episode was a "the worst person you know just made a good point" situation

i know thos type so well because i used to sorta be one. when i was like in high school and early community college, i wanted to be a cool bad rear end troll because i was a dumb lonely kid who wanted to laugh at weirdos. i was saved only because my one friend managed to figure out who one of the trolls was(i joined some group follow this obviously mentally ill lady) the main troll was some dude in his 30s who taught tech and did mssionary work or some poo poo in california. anyway my friends scared him off and eventually i bailed completly because hanging out in those types of groups is loving awful because its a constant balancing act of "not being the whipping boy". i manage to erase my poo poo for the most part move on. anyway like last year, said rear end in a top hat messaged me on my barely used facebook making fun of my disibilities and some stupid embarassing poo poo i told him and its like "dude, its been over 10 years and your still doing this poo poo, i have a solid job and loving gf and graduated college and friends and etc and your drunk one night sending some vague stupid old poo poo because you can't find anything new" so i blocked him and delated it. So yeah, gently caress you jerry, i hope you get locked in syndrom for trolling schizophrenic woman.

anyway, id like a 10 piece chicken nugget please.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

You're probably right except Austin Powers Goldmember was a huge smash.

I am sorta shocked they never tried to milk those movies more.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

You might be thinking of The Cat In The Hat, but don't worry, he made his stupendous comeback in the Netflix show The Pentaverate! Remember The Pentaverate? The "comedy" show where he played eight characters?

Wasn’t shrek in that. Like the character. Like he donkey punches some guy?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The X-man cometh posted:

Don't they keep pumping out Shrek sequels?

sorta. they made 2 shrek movies, neither of which i saw. then they made 2 puss in boots movies, the newest one being apperently really good.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

teen witch posted:

I forgot how loving weird mainstream culture was to Chelsea as a child, as we were with the Obama girls (and Michelle Obama! Still!). Are we ever going to reckon with that or no?

Probably not until the current for of the gop dies. My uncle still screams about that poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

SNL used to make fun of Chelsea for being ugly.

I feel like some forget how Uber lovely and socially conservative American mainstream culture was up until near the end of Obama’s first term, you started seeing the turn around during W but it took along time, obviously it’s still not great in areas but it’s kinda better in some ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Carlos Lantana posted:

that whole clique got owned hard
clinton: original metoo
hilary: failaids cuck
epstine: strangled
jizzlane: lifer probably murdered eventually
andrew: worlds most famous pedo
trump: being ruined
melania: a hooer who had to gently caress trump

is this like carl from ATHF account?

Cornwind Evil posted:

The thing that annoys me the most about the Monica Lewinsky thing is that if you went back in time and raised all the still equally accurate and valid points that seems so shockingly obvious now when it was actually happening, no one would listen. To most everyone, it was all jokes at her expense and getting all of the negativity of it (it really didn't affected Bill in any way in the long run), and if you brought up at the VERY LEAST the severe power imbalance, let alone Bill likely being a legit sexual predator who got off on said power imbalance, people would probably just either look at you baffled or ask why you're defending 'the whore'.

Perhaps the most teeth grinding thing about the past is when you look at it and realize the phrase "They just are/were not ready." is accurate to a T.

this. america was a much much more social conservative mainstream culture. it didnt really start flipping until obama and even then mostly second term.