Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Lockback posted:

It'll depend on how much he plays. Originally I would have bet he played under 42 games but he looks more adept at the NBA game than one would have thought watching his FIBA games, so maybe he will play a solid majority of the season. If he plays like 30-40 games I think it'll be hard to give him ROTY unless he puts up absolutely stupid numbers.

30-40? He played every game for Mets 92 last year, didn't miss a single regular season or playoff game, averaging 32mpg. This is in a league where every team had a 280lb center trying to bully him all game.

Scoot by comparison missed a bunch of games for ignite with ankle injuries and a nose fracture.

I think the risk for Wemby is obviously a major knee or foot injury. But that's the kind of thing that would make the Spurs sit him all season. He's not going to sit half the games because he's getting knicked up, the Spurs want him to play so he can learn. He'll definitely play 60+ this season short of an ACL or foot fracture or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Batum and Covington were not good last year so may be washed, Marcus Morris definitely is washed, but KJ Martin is good.

It's not a lot for Harden, but I think just getting him out of there was the right call for Philly.

As the Clips I don't really see why they need Harden, but at least they got him pretty cheap. Are they going to play Russ and Harden together in the backcourt? Because if so lol at that perimeter defence.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The courts look bad in still images but watching on my laptop on league pass it all looked fine to me.

Also every game tonight was good!

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Why are you guys all trying to fix something that we've seen about 5% of, and that 5% was really fun?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Tae posted:

Who in the gently caress is letting kelly oubre have 25 points in the year 2023

He's always been good at scoring a lot of points. Total trash at every other part of basketball though.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Maybe a bit supernerdy poo poo, but the NBA has agreed a deal with Bally Sports to take back the local TV rights for all NBA teams they have a deal with at the end of the season. That covers 15 teams.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2023/11/06/diamond-sports-group-deal-with-nba.aspx

All set up for the NBA to offer up more games nationally in the next tv deal, possibly via either NBC (very strongly rumoured to be getting involved in the NBA again) or a streamer.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Mean Baby posted:

Utah and a couple of other teams offer local subscription currently. It’ll likely go direct to consumer for local teams very soon.

It's going to be interesting seeing how the league decides to structure it. I suspect it will all be folded into League Pass where you can buy single team packages already, but now with no Bally Sports you won't have blackouts for those 15 teams so it becomes way more attractive for US viewers.

The bigger obstacle to an NFL-like central league control of all TV rights is that the Lakers, Knicks, Warriors, Celtics etc. are making fat bank on their local deals and will need a ton of incentivising to give them up. But for the majority of the franchises I think banding together all tv rights and splitting the pot evenly makes the most sense.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

KAT for Siakam. Who says no?

If Minny moves KAT they need a better shooter than Siakam coming back. Gobert, Siakam, McDaniel would be the worst jump shooting frontcourt in the league. With Kyle Anderson coming off the bench to make it even worse.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1721765692762976396

Would be fun, but don't know how they could ensure you get 12 Americans and 12 International players selected. NBPA absolutely will not let the league determine All-Star eligibility by nationality.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

When are the Spurs going to leak that they are sending clips? Wemby is getting whacked on the forearm pretty much every shot around the basket (because nobody can reach high enough to block the ball).

In two or three years time when he starts getting the star respect from the refs he's going to average 12 free throws a game.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The Spurs would immediately be a semi-competitve team if they stopped this insane point-Sohan idea, started Tre Jones and traded for/signed a backup pg. Also their defense would be much better if they played Wemby at the five more, rather than barely at all.

They obviously have no interest in winning at all this year which is defensible, but at least they should try to build good process and habits into these young guys.

Sohan has a .497 TS% and a 18% turnover percentage. For your lead ball handler that is insane!

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 21, 2023

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Algund Eenboom posted:

Alright, I’m putting my foot down: Ben Simmons is NOT a pedophile

He may be a liar, a pig, a pedophile, but he is NOT shooting with his wrong hand.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

In five years the Camara for Lillard trade will be seen as the beginning of a new era for Portland.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

toggle posted:

Replace Adelaide with Brisbane

Brisbane at least has Fortitude Valley and the West End, even if the suburbs are cultural wastelands.

Adelaide has... two cathedrals and.... a big mall?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Boo to the Pels winning and denying us the madness of every team in West Group be finishing 2-2

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

I think it's fair to say that Cade is less likely to end up a top-10, MVP, best player on a title team type than the consensus at the draft. Not impossible, but he's slipped from maybe 30% likely to get there to probably less than 10% (by my very scientific best guess).

He's still could be on the way to end up all-star, low end all-nba level. Plenty of players who peaked around there like Middleton or Lowry started their careers slower than Cade has.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Seams posted:

Why is running up the score considered bad form? Is it just one of those bizarre unwritten rules.

It's a weird American thing. In soccer, rugby, AFL, GAA, handball... pretty much any team sport I can think of outside of North America theres no unwritten rule about it at all. You try and beat the other team by as much as possible and the laugh in their faces about it. Everyone on the field is a professional, deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Twolves can be good and the Gobert trade can still be bad. It's not as simple as 'remove Gobert and they wouldn't be messing the west right now!', you have to compare to the path not traveled of what Minny could've got for those assets instead of Gobert.