Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizziest
Nov 5, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my bony fealty posted:

Teach me about media literacy. I'm here and I am listening.

You will find all the knowledge that you need about media literacy in the very useful and informative Media Analysis & Criticism thread at https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3966282.

The primer was prepared by Discendo Vox (a reputable Subject Matter Expert on Media Literacy), and it is strongly suggested to make a point of reading it before getting too deeply entrenched in Media Literacy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizziest
Nov 5, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

speng31b posted:

the only thing I've ever seen rile them up is when nhd gave the guy who spams 1000 blurry videos of orbs and stuff a probation. the thread was so mad that nhd had to apologize and walk it back because he didn't realize that was the good kind of thread spam that everyone loved.

As speng31b is a mod and/or mod-adjacent being and therefore an honorary d and d-er, fizziest hereby sincerely expresses fizziest's respect for speng31b as a human being and fizziest's admiration for speng31b's mod abilities, in accordance with the milieu of this thread.

fizziest has issued a correction as of 15:46 on Nov 7, 2023

fizziest
Nov 5, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i fly airplanes posted:

i would like 2 apply for asylum

From cars to motorbikes to trains
May they all run over i fly airplanes

fizziest
Nov 5, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i fly airplanes posted:

i fly airplanes is free
but i fly airplanes shouldn't be

i fly airplanes posted:

If you're going to accuse a state actor like Israel of "genocide" and "war crimes", you have to prove intent. It's not a matter of "legality", it's a matter of discourse when people are just throwing these terms around meaninglessly to derail.

So no, Israel "poisoning a water supply" and "purposefully preventing water from being decontaminated" is absolutely not the same.

fizziest
Nov 5, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i fly airplanes posted:

Of Heart, Spine, Guts and Brains
None are possessed by i fly planes

i fly airplanes posted:

A lot of OSINT and reporting on the hospital showing it clearly wasn't the target: https://x.com/shayan86/status/1714660234638016963?s=46

Even if inconclusive, it's clear if the hospital was meant to be destroyed by the IDF it would have been.

fizziest
Nov 5, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i fly airplanes posted:

A genocide supporter like i fly planes
Should be stuffed into sewers and drains

i fly airplanes posted:

According to whom? Whose intent?

Even the Israeli leaders can't give a clear answer: https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/10/18/what-is-israels-narrative-on-the-gaza-hospital-explosion

Again, if they wanted to target and bomb hospitals and schools intentionally, there's many others in Gaza Strip and they wouldn't bother with this press cherade.

Why bother with a "warning" bomb? I'm trying to not be insensitive to this disaster while trying to understand your logic here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizziest
Nov 5, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i fly airplanes posted:

A literal rear end full of scum and stains
Is still better than i fly airplanes

i fly airplanes posted:

Why did the genocidal organization turn back on the electricity and internet?