Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If you guys don’t like wrestling why watch it. Or is this just bits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

That DICK! posted:

"if you do not like politics, simply do not participate in them" - the bankers

Lol what?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wrestling rules because it’s dumb and it’s at its best when it’s appealing to 14 year olds.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MJeff posted:

I know somebody else already said he left earlier but I just saw QT Marshall's statement and boy

https://twitter.com/QTMarshall/status/1729289313819427229

Him just straight up saying "This company is going in a different direction, peace out." feels not good.

What is a different direction for QT? Him doing a gimmick where he gets hair plugs and gets a hot young gf? Him doing a TMZ parody with a girl with big hooters?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m glad people could tune into RAW tonight and be reminded why AEW exists.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Excited to tune into AEW and see some wwe level DRAMA with Roddy's neck when he should be killing people in the ring and not doing lovely comedy gimmick

Except we’re getting Jay white vs Swerve and the show won’t have Nia Jax

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

We actually have people in this forum unironically posting fed wojacks?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fucker posted:

wtf is a fed wojack lmao

You posted a wojak that all the pro wwe people on twitter like to post.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fucker posted:

my bad, dude. ill try to translate that image into more amicable slang:
"im not owned! im not owned!!", tony khan continues to insist as he slowly shrinks and transforms into a corn cob.

Lol is this a bit?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fucker posted:

are u actually insane?

I’m just trying to figure your angle out because you’re posting like one of the dudes who replies to ringside news posts.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MJeff posted:

We don't need to seriously reply to the guy who got insanely offended that Sanada wrestled Jungle Boy, folks.

I don’t know who the guy is. I just thought it was funny to see a wojak posted here unironically followed by the over used dril tweet

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MJeff posted:

I am telling you now so you do know. They are a deeply unserious poster and you don't have to reply to them. You are now blessed with knowledge.

Thank you brother

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Please, I beg you, gently caress off!!!

No

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

maybe i'll become a puro guy

Your should. It rules

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

forkboy84 posted:

Psycho Clown was recently in NOAH & challenged for the GHC National Title. Puroresu truly has something for everyone.

That match rocked too.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

That DICK! posted:

Declaring war on Jeffs. i've liked your posts like 60/40, Jeff, but you picked the wrong side in this thread, with Rob. The only way forward for the AEW hell thread is without Rob - and that will be with or without you, Jeff. Do as you will....

Hey what the…

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Toni doing the big wind up is now my most hated thing in AEW. This must be how those deranged about MJF feel when he's on screen.

Why?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's boring and dumb. At least the MJF poo poo has a story beat each week. The Timeless Toni gimmick has changed like 3 times now because they keep running out of material and she's getting actively worse in the ring. I thought I hated her last run because I found Toni to be a bland wrestler with a good workrate and I'm now missing that run. It's just so much of what I don't want to watch.

I just don’t get why Toni needs the story beat. She’s over as hell. The crowd is into her matches. I also thought the match was fun. I dunno I think you guys just enjoy making GBS threads on something. Like I don’t get how the wind up is any different from most wrestling moves. Dusty Rhodes bionic elbow or the peoples elbow or whatever. Sometimes you just allow a fun silly gimmick to be over. Also how is she worst in the ring. Her timing is good she’s not botching she still hits hard.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

forkboy84 posted:

What, in the AEW Hell Thread? Ya think?

Just because this is the be negative about AEW thread doesn’t mean there can’t be conversation.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

forkboy84 posted:

Conversation about how AEW is very bad & you should take the time you would spend watching it to watch All Japan Pro Wrestling instead, yes.

I watch all wrestling friend. Except wwe.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

fez_machine posted:

oh yeah? name an astronaut

Paul London

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It seems like the bucks are gearing up for a whole gimmick change and guess what they’ll still be the best tag team.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Eat This Glob posted:

oh. lol

you can still do better than "cody" imo

That’s what he was going by in the indies and new japan too.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

magiccarpet posted:

Rush always does the same moves in the same order. And half of them are emotes.

I’m gonna let you in on a secret. Almost every single wrestler ever does this.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

nah but they should have gone, they clearly don’t give a poo poo about lifting up an alternative to it

I mean it seems like they’re starting a whole character shift right now, and hell they’ve been working pretty nonstop since the start of AEW maybe they just want a little break at this current moment.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like this thread because it’s just unironic twitter takes. Like I’m shocked no one has actually seriously said Tony con yet.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Le Saboteur posted:

ROH/AEW are basically the same thing at this point, the titles feature on both shows. I'm all for working the crowd but actually having the cameras focus on what is a face bothering a woman in the crowd seems bad to me. This is a company where it feels like you've got to twist Tony Khan's arm just to get one women's match on Dynamite.

It was a silly moment where a wrestler went and played to someone in the crowd. Not to mention she seemed to laugh about it almost immediately

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Turned it off when Joe came out to promo. Call me when the main event scene stops being all talk wrestling

Dude that segment was the complete opposite of MJF poo poo. It was just dudes talking poo poo getting pissed and leaving. It ruled.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Mustache hangman rules. He looks like Magnum TA

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Ricky vs Sammy was a great match. That fuckin angels wings onto the ring apron was insane, and the actual structure of the match was great. Just two dudes who know each other and trust each other.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Suplex Liberace posted:

agreed that was very nasty and the match was good. Im also the only sammy fan on the board

I think he’s really good. He just needs a gimmick refresh. That’s why this stuff with him and Jericho sucks. He changed his whole look and attitude with the Callis family and now he’s right back to exactly where he was like 6 months ago.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

fawning deference posted:

The new Young Bucks gimmick is painfully try-hard and desperate and trying to be cute and meta. Honestly embarrassing

That’s literally what the young bucks do and have done. It rules

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

This thread is the twitter for you page.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

what do you mean by this?

That I saw this meme posted by one of the bad wrestling accounts on twitter because the twitter for you section just likes to show bad posts.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

i dont have that on my twitter because i am not stupid

I mean you took that meme from somewhere right?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol at a dispute about where the purest of bad wrestling meme images come from

Not really so much a dispute on where they come from. I just think all wrestling memes are bad, but especially that one.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hasn’t attendance been going up though?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Advances have been soft and have gotten softer but they've hidden that by having decent walk ups before the show once more of the card is known.

Also Revolution is totally sold out right?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ok so the last number I saw said there’s 144 tickets left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I went to collision a couple weeks ago and it seemed pretty full. Not sold out but a good amount of people.