Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

I think it's just that his reign is wearing thin and there's not much left to say.

I'm guessing its also a lot of treading water before AEW can start an angle about him looking to gently caress off to the WWE with the AEW title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I mean, when Tony Khan was scooping up lads left and right the way most of us did back when we were playing EWR, he still showed little to no interest in hiring women once they were available.

When Vince Vince'd his way back into power in the WWE and went on a firing spree, Tegan Nox was there, Evie was there, etc. Right now, Tenille Dashwood is available (or will be soon, has it been 90 days?).

I'm also firmly of the belief that there should be a Women's Tag Team title in AEW and ROH (there should be a women's equivalent for every male title, IMO but I guess the roster isn't deep enogh right now to support a tertiary title), with plenty of ready-made tag teams and Anna Jay and Tay Conti (in addition to Penelope and The Bunny had the latter's contract not expired). It would have also given a lot of the women who are often unseen for ages something to do.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Sounds to me he's doing the "Tony isn't treating me like the best very special boy that he should because I was a midcarder in WWE" act that Andrade, Miro, and Malakai are always pulling. See it's not being constantly injured that is keeping him off tv, it's that darned Tony Khan. But also, he had to be pulled from the ppv because he's injured.

Honestly, I'd argue that guys like Andrade, Miro and Malakai could and should be near the top of the card and could be featured talent. The issue is IMO, is that AEW is far too top heavy.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pylons posted:

"William Ospreay" sounds wrong.

Bill Ospreay

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

neoaxd posted:

That sounds exactly like something Norm would say

Well, the guy did say that Brandon Teena deserved what happened to him, so gently caress Norm, I guess.

Gaz-L posted:

I'm honestly hoping they put Dante over OC tonight. If they'd moved Orange into feuding with higher card guys after the Mox rematch it'd be one thing, but they basically just have him back doing the same thing. And yes, they're presenting it as him picking fights rather than just taking on all comers this time, but it's still basically sending him out to wrestle undercard guys in 10 minute 3-4 star matches, which is fine but we've seen it for over a year now.

I kinda want to see Swerve and OC feud over the International Title at the moment, and Swerve take possession of it to elevate it like Nakamura did to the IWGP IC Title back in the day. IMO Swerve really needs a singles belt to hold on to at the moment. Joe's just won the World Title, and those reigns should be reasonably long and meaty. Christian and Copeland (and in time probably the erstwhile Luchasaurus- he really needed a namechange, and I guess Killswitch will do) are probably going to be fighting over the TNT title.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If seeing 90s AJPW fan Eddie Kingston walking around with 3 belts doesn't make you happy, you suck.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I like Danhausen

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MJeff posted:

Also Timeless Toni sucks rear end. I can tolerate it because it's one segment, but holy poo poo she's awful.

MODS!?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

They don't do anything anymore. Max hasn't had a good rap in forever and isn't getting better in ring. Bowens could but he's tagging with Billy Gunn in some cookie cutter matches where Billy gets the biggest pop which is sad.

They need to go away after the bang bang gang takes the titles and come back as Bowens and manager Max. Billy can watch on TV

I guess the presence of Billy Gunn is quite appropriate, because the act really reminds me of the Outlaws. Bowens is the new Billy Gunn in that he's the better wrestler out of the two, Max Caster is the new Road Dogg and Billy Gunn is the old Billy Gunn who is now hitting an unexpected late career revival.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MJeff posted:

Max hit the wall extremely hard when he turned babyface. Either he ran out of good material or his gimmick is harder to do when you're not a heel, and his gimmick always feels like it's one wrong step from getting canceled anyway so whatever way you slice it, it just doesn't seem like it has a long shelf life.

Bowens is still good but I don't feel like he's grown at all in like a year and a half.

Billy Gunn just standing there while good wrestlers like Top Flight bump all over the place for him makes me extremely loving sad. They build these matches to the Billy Gunn hot tag and then he just doesn't do anything.

Million Dollar Idea: Bowens betrays Caster and Gunn, joins Bang Bang Gang.

Ultimate act of betrayal, starts wearing long boys to match the rear end Boys and Switchblade.

Caster and Gunn become the New2 Age Outlaws

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

lmao holy poo poo

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I hope this gets played at Vince McMahon's funeral.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

when they actually have matches that end in a dq or countout

They've had a few. There's that one guy who's a jobber who's like 2-0 against MJF because of this sort of thing. I recall his last win against MJF was due to CM Punk marching down as soon as the bell rang and gave the guy a GTS right in front of the ref giving him a DQ win.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think Darby has a countout or a DQ somewhere in his record too.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Beat The Butcher by countout after hitting a coffin drop to the outside

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. I couldn't remember if he'd been the one counted out or DQd, and if he'd been the one to win. I just remember it happening because the commentators mentioned that it was the second or third ever non-finish on Dynamite or whatever it was.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Can't wait to see the sack of potatoes get a shot at the AEW Women's title.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

WCW had the following titles:

WCW World Heavyweight Championship
WCW International World Heavyweight Championship
WCW United States/WCW Canadian Championship
WCW World Television Championship
WCW Cruiserweight Championship
WCW Hardcore Championship/WCW Saskatchewan Hardcore International Title Championship
WCW Women's Championship
WCW Women's Cruiserweight Championship
WCW World Tag Team Championship
WCW World Six-Man Tag Team Championship
WCW United States Tag Team Championship
WCW Cruiserweight Championship/WCW 100 Kilos and Under Championship

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

and im winning htem all

I can think of one title with your name written all over it.

WCW United States Tag Team Championship

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

More titles should be represented by multiple belts.

Gaz-L posted:

How many times were the WCW Cruiserweight tag team titles defended? (I'm assuming the listing for Cruiserweight without the Canadian rebranding is meant to be for the tag ones)

Yep, whoops.

It was first awarded at WCW Greed (guess where that comes in the chronological order of WCW PPVs) and changed hands on the March 26th 2001 Nitro.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It was first awarded on an episode of WCW Main Event and was defended in GAEA until a year later - just a few days shy of a year to the day, actually - before it was deactivated when WCW's partnership with them ended.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

The average AEW hell thread poster can't tell the difference between these 6 letters: AEHORW

For just the price of a cup of coffee your donation today will help them learn their letters and promotions

Rll Hlite Orestling

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Everyone has a title and they’re always on the line and at the end of the year whoever collects the most titles wins a little trophy

Yes, an Ashes Urn-sized trophy

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The lost a cage match pretty recently to FTR and Daniel Garcia.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

3 meats does not a madness make

Yeah, you'll need at least 4 naans for true madness.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What was that guy angry about?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Should've beaten MJF for the title and spared us the lovely, endless title reign.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MJeff posted:

lol jesus christ Nic have a little self-respect.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

What if AEW is only remembered as reigniting a bootlicker’s love for the taste of shoe leather

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Thumbnail reminds me: Chono so deserved a better, actual run with the IWGP belt.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Fucker posted:

idea for mjf return promo:

He doesn't

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ECW can loving stay dead, jesus.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s “Trinity”

I wonder what she’s up to these days.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

buying tickets to aew atm just to sit there with my arms crossed and shaking my head in disproval

Wasn't there someone who actually did this?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

theres plently of history or people going to wrestling shows just to cross their arms and shake their head, or even turn their back on the ring

Well yes, I suppose the Undertaker is immortal and will always deserve respect.

I meant some guy highlighted in the bad social media takes thread a while ago was posting about how he bought front row tickets to Dynamite or Rampage or one of those shows, sat there and went home as some sort of own on Tony.

Like mate, Tony owns himself plenty. He doesn't need your help.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I wonder what he's up to now.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

post hole digger posted:

all in is 4 months away. that story does not have 4 months worth of legs left to it.

Take it to Double or Nothing.

Honestly, I think this is one of the big issues with AEW and has been for a while. I appreciate a slowburn storyline as much as the next person, but quite often things get dragged out or the same point keeps getting made over and over. The Baker/Hayter split had been teased for ages, and that has yet to be resolved to a satisfactory conclusion (injury-related issues aside).

That, plus the over-reliance on certain crutches, e.g., MJF with the diamond ring year-in year-out, or Britt Baker retaining the women's title well-past the point where she should've dropped it because all her matches just had ungodly amounts of endless bullshit in it - although I did appreciate heel Toni Storm calling out apparently face Britt Baker for being a rank hypocrite about the manner in which she won her title. "You kept retaining your belt because of all the bullshit you and your friends pulled to help you keep it including at my expense that one time, and then suddenly it's all 'oi, mate, that's out of order, so it is,' as soon as you have it done to you? gently caress off." Someone explain to me how Toni was apparently the heel in this situation?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Had him buried out in the Nevada desert, I hope

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

How many more posts are there to go before we change the fudging page?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I’m nice

Lies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I wonder what his NXT name will be.

Maxx Segwhey Coxxstormm