Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

my aew hell statement: i wasnt happy when the last few one night manias started knocking on 7 hours and its not good when aew does it either!!!

If you put matches and the single biggest angle of the night on the preshow it's just the show! Too long! Too long!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I will admit, as a dumb guy, ospreay being the big surprise debut was a little u derwhelming since he has been on like 3 of the last 4 ppvs and several weeklies too. Its like "He's already here"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Punch McLightning posted:

remember literally a year ago when the mock sports entertainers were a major heel group whose whole purpose was to mock WWE poo poo

Yes, and they won

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

post hole digger posted:

Main event match itself was fine, angle around it was mjf trying to write a dollar store version of a 1997 stone cold Steve Austin angle for himself and the whole “mjf isn’t cleared but somehow the guy in crutches and in a boot is” bit was a bit too much for me

It's the bloodline, op

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

tfw you've even lost the inmates...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s as unhinged as the Punk one.

hrm

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Paul Wight being in a brawl segment and then a match where walking down the ramp was impractical for him so people just had to run at him and then also getting bounced off a car and onto the pavement was an interesting series of events imo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Happiness posted:

i would rather see mariah may and toni storm wrestle in hard hitting matches where the storyline is that they want to win matches or solve disputes with other athletes in their sport via matches

Incorrect. You want to see luther as the fulcrum of the womens division

Again

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

What other womens division has the courage to center their women's title around a repeatedly failed loaded butt spot

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Who were the beaver boys, silver and reynolds right? They're fun, doing combo moves. Probably the ones responsible for each dark order member being pried away.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

1. Never have hired pointless punk
2. Make the shows good instead of bad
3. Quintuple roh budget

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm not a G1 head but i feel like they announce more than a quarter of the field ahead of time for that one, which puts them a leg up on tony and bryan

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

fez_machine posted:

I know this is the hate thread but what excursions? Of the male roster only Eddie has done an excursion to the G1. Everyone else is injured or has family reasons to to be away. A lot of the female roster desperately needs to spend time in Japan living with a Joshi company but that markedly hasn't happened.

Cody, Jade, and Pillman are on training excursions to WWE.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

elp, noted fed stan blogger

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Becoming a 2017 "once Papa H takes the reins it'll all be great" guy but for bryan danielson

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

yea ok posted:

danielson is directly responsible for the company's creative cratering :( sad but true

o no

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

smarxist posted:

how much money have you given AEW this year

309.11 to BR Live, 109.98 to Honor Club, $40 in paypal to a friend for the Fite feed,

459.09 gross, IDK what Tony's net is.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Oh yeah, live events. I haven't gotten to one this year but between Battle of the Belts and Final Battle last year and the 6 hour one way drive and hotels for specifically those i was probably closer to a grand last year despite two fewer ppvs.

Where's the bracket, tk

E:

They're getting completely valid dunks in, TK

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 22, 2023

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

A fun financial fact (FFF): setting aside cable tv because its variable and also a wash between the two companies, a Peacock Premium scrip is the same cost as an HonorClub scrip. Any additional chunks of $60 that TK squeezes out of you is an extra half year of membership in a sensible company, and that number of squeezes continues to grow.

E: also in terms of value adds, peacock gets you the wwe archive, honorclub gets you the roh archive, and brlive gets you an injury angle on the preshow and tk taunting you to spend more.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 22, 2023

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1727335122733879385

One more mouth for Tony's money

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm traveling so will have that excuse when tony demands more cash

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

smarxist posted:

i'm honestly vibrating with excitement for bracket discourse

guaranteed to infuriate at least 30% of the fanbase for some stupid reason or another

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tonight in Chicago, the C2 begins with:
- Rush vs. Jay White
- Swerve vs. Jay Lethal
- Jon Moxley vs. Mark Briscoe

On Saturday in Pittsburgh, it continues with:
- Claudio vs Garcia
- Brody King vs. Eddie Kingston

Its time for double champ big brody

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

lol my parents have YoutubeTV and the thumbnail for rampage still has Punk and Jade front and center

tony

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Always badam cole???

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm gonna injeeect... a lethal dose... of skits!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The normies are inside the thread...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

hm what could he possibly have taken issue with that the workrate tournament would be better hrm

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I made it up to make people mad

The guys you agree with on squared circle are serious tho

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

its so over

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MJeff posted:

Menard posting this is whatever but something about Bennett posting this really loving annoys me. If you're so loving grateful why don't you ditch the stupid giraffe, you rear end in a top hat.

Because hes grateful for the giraffe, which got him on national television instead of a website

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if you're hate reading this thread:

The exact sort of cringe worked shoot skit you now have to pretend to dislike here. This is patient zero.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Getting in on the ground floor of hating:

Jimmy Jacornette???

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

You gotta get Punk and Cody to jump ship at the same time and be a mega heel team. (this is my worst booking idea ever).

I always loved the Codyverse and I was sad when he left.

One more invasion angle... this time for sure...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Here are her defenses if someone wants to do the math. I think 9/11 to last week might be close to a hundred days?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Smackdown had zero women’s matches two weeks ago and the audience sat on their hands for a Nia Jax match on raw don’t listen to fed fans they are known liars

you watched raw to see your favorite fed star cm punk. youre in the pit with them

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

good point

E: also, look who has reappeared to fix aew possibly

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 30, 2023

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

You think julia hart is letting britt anywhere near her womens division? Get real. stars dont need dentists holding them back

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Look, we've got to build Jay Lethal strong for his ROH Title match that already happened on the preshow and also he lost and also the title is in weird abeyance for this?

Theres no time for Takeshita to "workrate" or whatever. We're making movies here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Completely fair! He just appeared in my head as replaceable. Here's the league, where would you (general) have put him?

Blue League:

Bryan Danielson
Andrade El Idolo
Brody King
Claudio Castagnoli
Daniel Garcia
Eddie Kingston

Gold League:

Jon Moxley
Swerve Strickland
Rush
Mark Briscoe
Jay Lethal
Jay White

I guess in the guise of "younger workrate dude who won't win but will probably get a couple signature victories and look good in defeat" maybe replace Garcia?