Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

It’s good when poo poo happens that makes everyone remember pro wrestling is not the respectable entertainment you pretend it is. It’s actually dogbrained as gently caress. We need the carny poo poo to humble us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Adam Cole gotta be the worst signing AEW has had. Just a weird little guy that came around, got injured a bunch but never did anything funny or cool, looks like poo poo, horrible devil angle, if he’s not going to wrestle in the chair just release him. The guy even sucks at videogames. “Chugs”? What’s a guy like that going to chug? A single dew drop on a spring morning from the upturned cap of a mushroom? Get real.

as soon as he got signed to AEW he stopped working out and doubled down on playing mario world, king poo poo tbh. probably won't happen as much in the future, maybe tony learned his lesson, but there was a golden era of WWE guys who just took the bag and sat at home to stream videogames

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Adam Cole's main thing being an annoying poo poo that pushed multiple people to borderline murder him was funny. Got thrown off a twenty foot platform by Orange, brain scrambled by a conchairto from Christian, crown of thorns on Easter from Hangman. People loving hated this rear end in a top hat so much. I keep waiting for Wardlow to push his wheelchair down a flight of stairs next

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

my only complaint about Swerve was they tried to just shove the whole home invasion under the rug lol. he didn't need to be a face in the Samoa Joe feud, he doesn't even need to be the face in the Hangman feud. Sometimes both/all competitors can just be whackjobs, it's totally fine, just have everyone be insane for this run.

I assume Swerve will lean more into heel poo poo again because he'll probably be facing a face Ospreay at Wembley.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the Jericho match with Adam Cole was extremely dire. At his peak in the company, when he was just constantly on TV doing poo poo and taking up a lot of the Hangman reign, I was dreading them possibly putting the belt on him since his ringwork had deteriorated a lot and his overall persona I just never bought into, even back in NXT when he had endless cinematic fights with Johnny Gargano. pretty glad there's zero chance it'll happen now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Showing the footage and having Ospreay say the other poo poo was kind of a mistake, not for obvious reasons but because now WWE knows they can just casually poke at AEW and cause an entire show to be derailed. This might be the first time I’ve seen an AEW show have only one match in a wholeass hour, they sacrificed so much airtime just to cope about poo poo. It’s a bad precedent and it might be legit the first time I’m kind of concerned about how easily shook TK is now

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Mercedes is a fun promo and I like her Kamala Harris energy

This is deadly lol I feel so bad I agree with this

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

whatever Mercedes does will be overshadowed by Jamie Hayter's return, and it'll work out fine because there's no way they will put those two together---Hayter would tear through her like tissue paper, there's just no way lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1c6kdjz/fightful_select_adam_cole_update/

Adam Cole updates sound dire, had to be taken off tv entirely to recover now. Not anywhere close to returning. Feels like with how many injuries he’s had he might be totally cooked. I almost feel bad for MJF because how many storylines did he build that completely imploded due to a guy leaving or disintegrating lol.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shard posted:

when MJF returns I really hope he changes things up. I don't want his long meandering promos. I am really into how AEW is right now and my big fear is he'll bring it back to how it was and it was the only time I've hated something in AEW that lasted longer than a few shows.

People love to say others were being too hard on MJF and that it was really only the Switchblade/Devil leg of his reign that was bad. The Bryan and Pillars stuff was good but by mid summer the storyline with Cole was dragging on for way too loving long, I’d say the second half of that reign was overstaying its welcome. It’s not really a coincidence that the title scene felt way better with Joe, Hangman, and Swerve, a trio of guys with immediacy to their actions. It was a good decision to center the next cycle around three guys are willing to murder each other.

KungFu Grip posted:

People were going nuts for wardlow on here and people still dig his powerbomb gimmick. The probably is as soon as he got like a title he was off tv or instantly lost it to something like loving QTV and another missed hobbs push. It's not wardlow it'd the guy who doesn't know how to book him because he's not one of his favorites

The wardlow squash of MJF was a cool thing and also an extremely stupid thing because when he started chasing him for the belt, you had to suddenly remember that this world champion was hosed up like a geek by this other guy, and they had to just keep the two separated after that. Just another moment where Wardlows push got derailed because he kicked too much rear end. Aside from beating a guy like Claudio or Mox this year idk what else they can do with him but the Kingdom did him no favors,

It’ll never happen but the best way to revive his career would be to have him come out when MJF returns and squash the poo poo out of him yet again in a match lol. He’s supposed to be a crazy strong monster so gently caress it.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 18, 2024

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shard posted:

MJF is an amazing wrestler I wish he would just wrestle more.

I still absolutely love that seminal match he had with Darby where he was doing incredible poo poo. Same with his under the radar match with Takeshita early in his title run. I forgot how good he was because he started leaning so hard into the kangaroo kick and double clothesline stuff which wasn’t initially bad but again, it got run into the ground. But given how banged up his body was getting I don’t think I can blame him.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

None of the 3 guys in the title picture are “good guys” they are all psychopaths which is why it owns

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Spit out my drink at “swerve should unplug Keith Lees ventilator” lmao

Title scene was best when all three guys involved were psychopaths so I kind of hate the aw shucks I’ve done bad things promo. gently caress off just own it, just be kind of a shitfucker, it is fine. Everyone wants Ospreay v Swerve further down the line and Ospreay def will still be a face by then so why not just have Swerve still be a guy who drops bowling balls on FTR Balds kids.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DAZN loving sucks rear end so I’m not shocked people didn’t want to use it to watch ppvs. Everyone probably just used Fite

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Astro7x posted:

So ticket prices for the Chicago Dynamite on July 3rd... this company wants $721 for front row, $372 for bottom of lower bowl, $88 for top of lower bowl. gently caress that... How the hell did I get $100 2nd Row Tickets to the Dynamite after All In on camera, and now they are charging $563 for the exact same seat?

This is exactly why I'll just wait until the day of the show and see how low prices will go

having been in this position before I can confirm it sucks rear end, I recall buying tix to Grand Slam in 2021 and 2023 and then a few weeks afterwards they slashed the prices for my seats in half. It's the reason I haven't bothered looking at Forbidden Door tickets yet, I'm tired of being ratfucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nothing short of Jesus Christ returning was going to ever be competitive on cable versus the Knicks playoffs