Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Punk will be available for them to get again by the time the MJF/Adam team is close to winding down, that'll add some more time to that thrilling team/story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

I appreciate Jericho is giving off an early alert warning system on folks he wants to feud with and drain the clout from. If you see newsletters start publicizing how Jericho can't wait to "work with you," do everything you can to get yourself in another feud/occupied ASAP. Swerve has been smart enough to avoid him so far but now Jericho is openly calling for the feud and determined to kill that momentum.

The pro of AEW dying soon: if it didn't, he'd be able to keep doing this until 2028

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1730643753776398763

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

ROH watchers can and should be held accountable

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Honestly if I was a billionaire son I'd ignore wrestling entirely and just gently caress off and live the rest of my days on a private beach

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The last time I thought a wrestling mystery was this direly dragged out, it took 3 months for the first person in Aces & Eights to have a match and be unmasked. This is officially 2 weeks longer than that one

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fawning deference posted:

There are a million useless titles

A million and one now

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1738003189272543275

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

When Tony named all the things he thought were cool that got him into wrestling, nobody ever questioned why none of them were like...All Japan Women or Aja Kong or Manami Toyota. Or why Kenny was explicitly given control of recruiting for the division (because Tony didn't give a poo poo)

They're not signing Giulia. Hell, this is going to be the second time they won't sign Mercedes Mone

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Do you think Tony wants a women’s division or does he feel he’s obligated to have one? Or does he feel that one match per show is fine since a lot of the wrestling he watched growing up only had one (or none) per show?

Obligated

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CombineThresher posted:

I recommend this if only because it will reveal that none of the stuff this thread complains about is new; wrestling was and will continue to be incredibly stupid amateur theatre for jocks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I ain’t reading that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If he's leaving the Devil story sucks poo poo as a goodbye, if he signed an extension months ago privately and this is what it's like with him having creative control/say in his stories going forward it sucks poo poo and is going to be a long 4-5 years for the fans. The rare scenario where every result's bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Streaming: Not Even Once

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://hard-drive.net/hd/entertain...-at-this-point/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Player's Tribune essay does kinda feel like what someone would do and say if their deal was actually basically done and this was their last show, but at the same time a) they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt and b) it may actually make it worse if they knew he was gone (with or without his injury status, with or without it being what he wanted/booked) and this/the Devil stuff was the best they could do, or wanted to do, to fill the time for his farewell

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

real avs. cry me a river

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The best part of the scrum was easily Swerve going "I don't care about Keith anymore, he's a time-waster and if he ever wants to get back to this he's gotta make that effort and stick with it"

This being this company, I expect it to be what he really thinks and Keith gets legit mad and asks for his release within 6 months over it, rather than covering for another injury to another frequently-absent talent

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Don't like all this positivity in the Hell thread :(

Kota's an all-time idiot, Matt Hardy's getting a divorce, and they didn't put any effort into trying to sign Giulia. There's definitely material for us this week regardless of the show quality

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Reby is the real money maker in the family through her mommy blogging and Goth baby. She ran a divorce storyline last spring and it killed so I'm not surprised she is running it again

Yeah all I saw was the new Tiktok and other stuff, didn't know it wasn't the first time she did this

Plenty of material, like I said, though

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Kota's an all-time idiot, Matt Hardy's getting a divorce, and they didn't put any effort into trying to sign Giulia. There's definitely material for us this week regardless of the show quality

https://twitter.com/Krystina_Death/status/1744534662280606160

Love how even the few times I'm not correct at first, history and time themselves will literally bend just to assure I'm still right in the end. Love being me :smug:

Also seems like Tony was very online today even for himself while I slept. smh, all that for a diss of cagematch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

best way to keep AEW on WBD is to give them reality shows. Tony the Snowman and the Real Housewives of All Elite Wrestling debuting on MAX this spring.

Starting to come around to the idea the company declined since losing at least that aspect of the Codyverse

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hirez posted:

Tony was always bad at booking, guy never put the tag titles on Best Friends.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm never mad. I have many reasons to be happy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/poisonouspixies/status/1745281004489851224

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

no

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tony ‘s twitter rants have turned nearly two hundred thousand people away from AEW this week. Bravo sir

What will he blame it on this week, the NFL, the election, or the Olympics? So many reasons for why it's unfair to say the show wasn't watched because of something else in the news this year. So many,,,

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Love having half of a thread because True Ignore extension filters out all the rest. Much quicker and smoother read, been doing great work for me for over a year. I don't even remember a decent amount of names now, it's been so long since I've seen them. I highly recommend it

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm still gonna be mad at Tony if he doesn't get Sting's first NWA/WCW music for a match before he retires. It's just production music way cheaper than the Final Countdow

Surfer facepaint has to come back for his last match. That and the music would rule

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I need Jay White to escape the trios jobber hell so bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Her nickname in the other place was Boss, so now she's CEO

The real curiosity is we can't use Botcha Stanks anymore, so we need a substitute for that. Since she's Mercedes Mone now, I propose Ferrari Broke

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah I'm sure HOB will lay down for "The Infantry" 👉🤪

If the bracket pic is correct Malakai's not in the match, so he won't have to worry about taking the pin (they'll still win but lol it was for sure not happening if Malakai was there)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

If the bracket pic is correct Malakai's not in the match, so he won't have to worry about taking the pin

lol lmao I hate Malakai so much

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If Ruby needs to leave for them to abandon ship on/get rid of Saraya (and her brother now I guess lmao), then packeth thy bags

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

The tickets sold because the AEW fan enthusiasm has built to a fever pitch for Zak Knight vs Cool Hand Ang. Each AEW event could be the one where we finally get to see this match-up unfold, so fans are justifiably hyped. I'm envious of whoever gets to see it at Dynamite/Rampage/Collision

They graciously offered it to AAA for Triplemania but Konnan didn't know how he could fit the hour into the timeslot

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

Eddie Kingston looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his lovely gear in front of the EVPs. Very very disrespectful.

brought the ratings down :negative:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Getting absolutely sick of people stealing jokes from professionals and passing it off as their own. It's an epidemic around here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ThePariah posted:

What's everyone's favorite thing about AEW Fight Forever? Mine is

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sisal Two-Step posted:

samoa joe saved tiny con's life and thats why hes the champ now. coincidence??

https://twitter.com/ShopAEW/status/1773711783649329523?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GenghisTron posted:

why are people mad about these releases besides dasha lmao

no one gave a poo poo about 90% of these people before today.

Firing the Boys is bullshit, even before getting into them being part of/responsible for the one interesting feud in ROH

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

this edge promo sucks

oh my god

Dax did another one at Collision

https://twitter.com/itsYDG2/status/1775725588264702254

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm doing a film festival (Panic Fest) from tonight through the end of next week, sorry Colliders but I can't help the next two ratings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

If I was a billionaire, I'd probably use all that money to play wrestling action figures but for real. But then imagine if my favorite action figure called me a clown in a highly publicized interview? I'd have to have my newest favorite retro figure come out and say "actually he's not a clown, and I enjoy the way he plays with me" in a partially occupied arena.