Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Sticky Nate posted:

another WWE thing that should stay in WWE: vanity belts

Except the Texas Chainsaw belt. That one is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

It would rule if AEW did fold because then I'd be free from watching any wrestling.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Quantum of Phallus posted:

how many times must we say gently caress off epic rereg guy!!

Hey I'm not rereg guy! I'm new guy that just wanted a name change!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Honestly I don't even fuckin know what it is, but it doesn't sound like the thing I'd do!

Look! Here's a cat Pic!

Would a rereg have an adorable cat? I doubt it.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

RoH should be good, but it should be relegated to what black and gold NXT was. An hour of good wrestling contained to it's own show without bleed in to the main roster stuff. But then have kick rear end papes,but put the papes on the streaming thing and not actually expensive.

Get all the titles off and out of my AEW. If RoH people are on Dynamite/Rampage/Collision then they should get their asses handed to them by the main roster.

Then get rid of aew trio titles because gently caress em. Then cut the TBS championship in two and now you have TBS Women's Tag belts. Get more women on my TV that way.

Then I dunno, use up the rest of your time with good matches and poo poo
Maybe fire people if they complain about not being booked. Or just book 'em I guess. Throw more folks to Uno's Mystery Wrestling cuz that's fun.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

There seems to be a consistent issue where people are being worked by the Hell Thread. Don't get worked by the Hell Thread.

And, y'know, don't generalize in general...

So much this.
At first I was like "hell thread bad" but then I realized that this whole thread is a wonderful dumpster fire. If you're in here you just gotta waft in that pungent odor and enjoy the ride.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Pylons posted:

She was upset she wasn't valued as highly as Charlotte or Becky, and that hasn't changed.

Didn't Becky just lose to Nia? (I only saw what I read in the WWE thread so don't know if there were shenanigans involved)

Ranked lower than someone losing to Nia is a tough pill to swallow

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I feel like outside of what Toni Storm is doing you can interchange the promos for most of the current women's roster. They're all kinda same-y. Outside of Toni I think you've got Willow who stands out and maybe Thunder Rosa but it's been a hot minute since I heard her talk. I think it may be part skill, but also a big part of not having much to say in promos outside of "I'm gonna beat you up". I want to hear more grit, anger, or just passion. I dunno, maybe it's not fair to hold them up to standards set by let's say Mox or Bryan, but you can tell they give a poo poo when they're on the mic.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Pylons posted:

It's definitely been a hot minute since you've heard her talk if you have vague memories of Rosa being a good promo.

Just looked up some promo stuff on YouTube and yeah, I definitely stand corrected here.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

BDawg posted:

Britt is a great promo, but not as good in the ring as some others.

She's a good promo with 1 topic and it's tiresome that she thinks all her challengers are beneath her because she was day 1.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

apophenium posted:

Sammy is one a those guys that I never ever want to see. Sure he does crazy flips and stuff I just don't like looking at him or hearing him talk or thinking about him. There is not a single spot I want to see him in, a single angle that would be improved by his addition, a single matchup that I would tune in specifically for, nothing. Get him outta here

This is me. But also I don't think I'm a Real One to Ricky either. I don't think AEW would be any worse without either. Keep Big Bill tho. He's big AF

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

It's called Posting, not Just Sit Back and Let Dorks Besmirch Your Wrestling Fed. Tony has done exactly what we all would have done in his situation as a billionaire with a wrestle fed.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I'm Fine with Ricky. I think he can improve but at least he carries himself with charisma. On the other hand, I am pretty much done with Sammy. Just don't care about his character or his work. Absolutely does nothing for me, make him a heel or get him outta here.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Seth was best being a poo poo head with J+J Security.
But AEW doesn't need another body on the roster

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Jackie D posted:

That was 10 years ago

It's still true!
Edit: probably. I haven't watched wwe in 5 years

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Caring about the Trios championship might be real hell, not just aew hell

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Swerve and Brian Cage

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Gumball Gumption posted:

Tony about to bankrupt the company signing a guy who can barely break 6 feet and does a bog standard lariat as a finisher.

Yeah but have you seen his dropkick?

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Dumbhausen isn't good

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Respectfully, Mr President, but what the gently caress did you just say about my father?

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Some say we should call him Adam Hague because his promos should be tried as war crimes.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Dr Cube >MJF

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

neoaxd posted:

cheer for whoever you like better its a whole new world you need to follow your heart

This is the correct take. You should definitely be cheering for Swerve because he rules, but also why the gently caress would anyone ask who to cheer for? Just cheer or boo to whoever the hell you want.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Have Miro write a book of the Bible, but it's just a list if hefty boys he needs to Smite. He can win all the matches, challenge for the title and lose. Then he can go to wwe or something.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

TK brings around CRTs and VCRs so he can watch his old wrestling tapes the way God intended. He made the mistake of inviting CM Punk to watch some AJPW before All In.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

magiccarpet posted:

One time I was at a girl's house and she lugged out a tv/vcr combo to show me a stranglemania tape

I'm assuming you're currently in a loving relationship with this person, right?

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Hell thread rules, all takes should be celebrated. Even if they're wrong, they're right.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

1glitch0 posted:

should be:

This is all I could think of after the announcement!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Sammy is rear end and he sucks to look at. Get outta here, Sammy!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Alright, just cancel all plans with Kingdom, Cole, and Wardlow. We can keep Roddy, but everything else is trash compared to what we have with everything else in this roster.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Eat My Fuc posted:

if this leads to Omega Okada 5 at Wembley i’ll stop watching WWE and start stanning the good billionaire

Promise?

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Shard posted:

I don't think someone shouldn't be given big fanfare because they say they see themselves going somewhere else eventually. No one should have to work at the same place their entire career if they don't want.

As long as she gives it her all in AEW and doesn't pull a Miro I'll be fine if she goes somewhere else eventually. And if her presence helps AEW's business then it's a mutually beneficial arrangement anyway.

Now with that said, why on earth would anyone go work for WWE I can't relate to. Just seems like a horrible horrible place.

Can't believe that you think HGH would botch(a stanks) her return to the fed. Cuz that's where she's goin.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I was optimistic about Kevin joining AEW, I didn't mind any of the 4ish(?) Wrestle Kingdom shows he called that I watched. But then he was really terrible right out of the gate and then proceeded to keep sucking while Nigel got better and better. Then he got put in 3rd seat and still sucked. I hated his "Oooaaaaaahs" because it sounds like a dude who's reading a line about someone being excited instead of actually being excited.

Kevin Smelly indeed.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

CEO music is good and idk what a Walter music sounds like.
Tag match was the low point for me. Get Jericho out of the ring.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Counterpoint: toa liona trucking him into the announce table twice was funny as hell

I'll take it. Jericho and Hook can have their match next week but only if Hook does the same to Jericho!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Chris James 2 posted:

Her nickname in the other place was Boss, so now she's CEO

The real curiosity is we can't use Botcha Stanks anymore, so we need a substitute for that. Since she's Mercedes Mone now, I propose Ferrari Broke

Borecedes No, nay!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Remove The Acclaimed

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Need a very distinct and hard line between RoH and AEW. Then we can put all the people I don't want to see in RoH with all the useless belts.

Belts we need:
World Champ
TNT
Continental
Tag
Women's world
Women's tag

Kill trios
Okada eats Roddy and merges the belts
Split TBS and make it a tag belt.
Both trios titles can live or die in RoH I don't care, but they can go to hell.

Tony, if you can hear me, please do this.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Then why the heck are there so many women tag matches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Pylons posted:

Because they are a useful device for furthering stories.

Maybe we can have new stories with tag belts? Would give opportunities to stables? Bigger match stakes rather than throwaways that we've seen.