Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I think it’s safe to say we are all a little bit bad faith because of our own personal biases.

Except Jerusalem, he’s just a swell fella :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

apophenium posted:

Mercedes Mone has been a huge flop. Her extremely rehearsed promos and interviews are very bad and stick out like a sore thumb on a show that otherwise presents a realistic, sports-based wrestling product. If she can't wrestle, she shouldn't be getting promo time. Cut bait, and soon.

She’s a big star and they’re building to her having a big match.

Her promos are terrible though yeah.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I think the issue is a vast majority of what Mercedes learned was in the FCW / WWE world because she wasn’t on the Boston indies long enough to absorb things and unlearned them so now she has to shake all that off and it will probably take awhile, if at all.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MJeff posted:

I am also wondering that, but also just. Don't debut her until she's ready, in that case? I dunno.

They wanted her to get a hometown pop

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I unironically love Jade Cargill but not enough to regularly follow her WWE career. I wish her the best and hope she tours Stardom or NJPW after her WWE run.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

mooseinfants posted:

Hayter/Mercedes for whatever belt is on the line is one of the easiest All In matches TK could book and has main event potential too. If only she was in the world title scene instead of the TBS one.

I'm hoping the Women's match at All In is Toni Storm dropping the belt to a finally-tired-of-Toni's-treatment Mariah May.

Hayter can win the TBS title from Mercedes. It's not a step down because both belts are great.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

post hole digger posted:

all in is 4 months away. that story does not have 4 months worth of legs left to it.

Sure it does. Nobody books long term like Tony Khan these days!

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Dango Bango posted:

I just hate how making Mariah "previous Toni Storm" wiped out any of her own personality or ability to explore her own gimmick.

Hopefully the Stardom interactions change that.

The difference is I trust that this is actually going to lead to something.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

This took me a minute because I’m a dumb moron

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
My sources have told me David Zaslav likes AEW but wishes One Bil Phil was still there

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

TheSwizzler posted:

remembering the time CM Punk started in WWECW and tried calling a "locker room meeting" on his first day lmao

https://youtu.be/0Z4enu18XaA?si=ASPfq_r3IdDQ7_4z

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Hearing whispers that AEW is getting a new TV deal on Destination America

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I like Jack Perry just fine, he just needs more experience and he’s getting it.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Regarding nepo babies I met Jack Quaid and he was very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

UnleashedDad posted:

Not feeling good about the AEW deal. I don't think you can look at Zaslov's track record and trust him or his leaders to make a good to great deal with AEW. The NBA is such a big component of their TV lineup and now it's completely gone. The NHL just doesn't compare. The guy has endlessly fumbled since the merger and I don't see it ending here. I do think they end up making a deal but at this point you can't be surprised if he fucks it up.

Zaslav was placed as CEO specifically to sell off or get rid of all their assets and eventually sell WBD. He hasn’t fumbled anything; he’s doing exactly what he was brought on to do.

My understanding is, from a money standpoint, AEW is a great deal for them.