Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
literally guffawed at eddie kingston putting his two belts into the mix with the "Continental Title" (Is this distinct from the International One?!?) to be merged in a big tournament that starts soon with barely any participants announced. the belt situation is complete loving parody at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Lol at the billionaire booker telling fans to put their money where their mouth is on yet another barely defined tournament with no participants. I’ll take you up on that and save the money, I’m okay missing whatever tournament matches you stick the corpse of Matt Hardy in.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Whomever the participants and whatever the results of this latest useless tournament for nothing, I hope the ending has Jushin Liger come out to congratulate the winner and get brushed off. Should be the new tournament tradition

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I bought tickets to Battle of the Belts I and that corrected me from buying AEW tickets moving forward. Didn't even have good t-shirts for sale to cover my mass.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Everyone made fun of them for being a t-shirt company but they’re actually quite bad at it. Danhausen probably just trying to get some god drat merch money with whatever he did.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

How come Tony never tells the people who love the ADAM skits to put their money where their mouth is :(

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

24 dollars to add an arcade mode to a video game holy moly

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

the tournament field has energized me, I'll see you guys in the hugbox (and be back after the first tournament result displeases me)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Doing a victory lap through all 23 AEW discussion threads, ignoring the increasingly empty seats.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

That dude basically had a 20 year Nitro Party on his own. Stuck in a cave wondering what nWo 2000 is up to.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The belt issue could be fixed by making Battle of the Belts live up to its namesake. Every wrestler with a title competes, only one champion emerges. Crisis of Infinite Belts

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I hope the stuff about Bryan Danielson being in charge of social media fines is true. TK has found a way to cut costs while using AEW’s most abundant resource, whiny wrestlers.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I appreciate Jericho is giving off an early alert warning system on folks he wants to feud with and drain the clout from. If you see newsletters start publicizing how Jericho can't wait to "work with you," do everything you can to get yourself in another feud/occupied ASAP. Swerve has been smart enough to avoid him so far but now Jericho is openly calling for the feud and determined to kill that momentum.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Of all the acts associated with Jericho, I think the one that got over the most is Hager's Hat (it's a good worker)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

We will know if Bryan Danielson starts posting more quotes about tough times

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The chair thing was stupid but I can live with it because only Jay White used the chair and he ate the pin like the big stupid loser he is.
Couldn't beat MJF after he already wrestled a match and was injured. Can't beat Swerve or Mox after hitting them with chairs. Just a big loser.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

100%. The belt stealing feud with Hangman was bad. The Brochachio and Devil stuff is bad. The tag team was kinda fun but then he got hurt and it was time to pivot. Adam Cole is a lovely man but I don’t want him on the main event scene. Keep him home where he’s safe playing video games.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Just say Keith Lee was so scared he ran (or slowly sauntered) out of the promotion rather than face Swerve. Like the territory days.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Tony hire me to be your hat handler, I’ll make sure you never look too stupid as long as you keep pushing Swerve

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Dustin Rhodes is a trooper and a competitor and was fired up after giving it all in the ring after Keith Lee came down with jobitis. I’ll forgive him this transgression.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I though Swerve put a nice bow on it saying he was done with losers who never show up, if Keith ever wants a shot at him again he will have to wrestle matches and work his way up to world champion Swerve. Good promo and we know Keith will never do it so the feud is won.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

When is that Jericho/Sammy (ugh) title shot supposed to happen

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Eat My Fuc posted:

What the hell happened to the Bucks

God dammit. Things are good with them gone and then you gotta poke the bear and ruin it

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

If AEW is still around when Seth is 50 he might do some sort of Copeland run, but he just seems like a lifer to me. He's fine where he is.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Never should have started the buy one get one poo poo or the heavy discounts close to show date, burned the folks who actually buy tickets early and are excited to attend.

Seems like they've cut that out the last few weeks, but it'll take time to re-build credibility there. Guess you can blame all the bad ticket stuff on old live events person for a few months at least.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Every show starts with a reverse battle royal to try and get in the ring and get booked. Every week Miro sits on the ramp.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

All this dead weight on the roster and TK cut bait on my main man Trench so fast, just not right

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The Thrilla with Manila

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

fawning deference posted:

I think wrestlers acknowledging and promoing about "I'm gonna finish higher than you in the RANKINGS" is a terrible decision. Yes rankings determine the number one contender, but BEING NUMBER ONE CONTENDER is what they should give a poo poo about, winning the gold and kicking this person's rear end is what they should care about, not "well my math tells me my won-loss record is better than yours, don't you dare try to claim that you, a peon, will finish higher in the rankings than moi." Seems like a desperate attempt by Tony to try to make the rankings matter by having the wrestlers mention them in their promos as if they're important

I'm in favor of wrestlers acknowledging the rankings but only if they go 110%. I need to see guys shoving print-outs of the rankings in other guys faces or whipping out PWI 500 rankings and complaining about stuff

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The in-canon explanation is that Hangman Page is an idiot, as usual.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I love everything about Eddie Kingston, including the fact that he (and his gear) look like crap and all his offense looks like stuff Dan Hibiki would use. A big whirlwind wind-up to one of the shittiest chops you've ever seen.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Hangman thinks Swerve is so cool he drank his blood. Everyone loves Swerve

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

KungFu Grip posted:

did max caster make another rap with a rape joke? i see people going off on twitter about it since he said his rap was edited off the show

good first step in editing this tired one note act off the shows entirely

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Eat My Fuc posted:

Sasha Banks isn’t a big get in a company that has maybe 5 total women’s wrestlers who have any heat or good matches. If he signed the top 10 free agents in the world perhaps it would generate more buzz and ticket sales. I can’t think of any matches she could have in AEW that would generate any interest. Toni Storm’s character acting is conceptually interesting but she isn’t very good at it and it’s beyond one note by now.

Sasha is gonna get a “what just happened?!” pop, cut a few nasally promos that sound slightly off, maybe have a great match with Athena and then be sitting in catering or doing local morning show promos where she has to explain she isn’t in WWE anymore to the bored hosts for the rest of her AEW contract.

Actually she's going to join the men's division and have sick blood matches with Mox

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I've got good seats at Revolution, I'll pass Tony a USB drive with all the good Mone matches he should book

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

medchem posted:

The Bang Bang Scissor Gang united because the Undisputed Kingdom and Samoa Joe attacked them but then they never bothered to get revenge.

This one makes me laugh the most because not only does it continue wasting the Bang Bang Gang, but the Undisputed Kingdom are such a pathetic group that no one even really cares about getting revenge on them. The Bang Bang Scissor Gang formed and then went "eh, not worth it"

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

was never a big keith lee fan but starting to enjoy him since we share a similar work ethic. I support him in his efforts to never appear on television

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

History Comes Inside! posted:

I wish I could tell my boss I only wanna come to work if I don’t have to do any jobs

It’s time for all workers to stand up, unite, and say “that doesn’t work for me, brother.”

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Never fails. I was waiting to see which one would tweet first and Miro won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Sammy suspended and no one noticed or cared, show was better off for it. Now make his most recent tag partner disappear