Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

smarxist posted:

is that paul wight in your avi? it doesn't look small enough

he should be way bigger. Make a huge show out of it you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You know what? I am also annoyed at Tony's put your money where your mouth is comment. I've been on board since day one, I've bought every ppv I bought the game. I think that entitles me and others to complaints. And god knows my complaints are rare and I give AEW the benefit of the doubt. But it's a real loving bad look for a billionaire to tell people to put their money where their mouth is. gently caress you Tony on this one.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oh I'll still be watching. But it certainly isn't the perfect little baby anymore. Also lol at paying more money for another season of that game. I think I'll pass on that one. I'm looking forward to more good wrestling and papes. Hopefully the main event scene gets better soon

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've turned the corner on MJF promos. They are boring and I don't like them. He does good matches still though outside of the dramatic dressings he's gotten obsessed with

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

How was the show :mrgw:

Everything was great except for Max

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

See I like the titles thing because a lot of them are from another organization and that makes it feel like AEW is connected to a wider wrestling world

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't mind roh because I literally don't watch it. I don't care about it but I also don't care that it exists. And the roh people that are actually featured on AEW are good so I don't mind that either.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sticky Nate posted:

He just sits there with an awful beard and shorts that show his pale little legs. He looks like a sad little baby and him being there isn't making him look good if they really want to make him a challenger for the title.

I swear he looks scrawnier every time I see him. Bulk up dude!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

lol the guy is injured, you are heartless monsters!

You can do curls in a wheelchair!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Every time MJF called Jay White tofu or said that Jay seemed to think he was on his level all I did was roll my eyes. Like dude - it's Jay White. Come on now. I'm shocked MJF didn't say welcome to the big leagues kid

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What’s Tony cooking? Is he trying to kill his own fed now?

Tony's a billionaire he's never cooked for himself. Keep him outta the kitchen he'll poison us all.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

2022: AEW's biggest star jumps to WWE.
2023: AEW's biggest star jumps to WWE.
2024: :pray:

Mox?
Swerve?

I honestly don't know who is considered AEW's biggest star these days.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

To be fair, this was him getting his win back from Brodie by pwning his kid on purpose
gently caress lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

years from now when i start up PPW (Pee Pee Wrestling), internet historians will dig up this thread when the booking starts getting bad...

I don't believe your booking would ever be bad :)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Everyone like that jericho promo

that promo was painful to watch. Weigh in with cody levels of bad

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I did love how big bill just no sold all the insults towards his past. Like ok yeah but Im in a better place now and hanging out with a cooler guy whats your point?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if i was ricky and still on the fence about going to wwe, last night would have sealed the deal

ill be honest I agree. They keep saddling him with poo poo he has to carry all by himself instead of working with people who are on his level.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

just keep it going. league seasons forever. Workrate!

for real. More tournaments. Never ending tournaments. Bring back the ranking system and use tournaments to determine who is number 1!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jericho also thinks folks need to leave aew to go under the vince learning tree. He's a real dum dum

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Y'all it's a wrestling show lol. There is no secret truth that uttering would kill people

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

The last place you can say the name Larry the dog without being treated like a crank

Oh my lord lol I was like what is this secret new slang I don't know about. Is crank like a crazy person....oh wait cranky I'm a dum.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

No they meant "the last place you can say the name Larry the dog without being treated like Jason Statham, the star of the movie Crank"

Hangman Adam Page in his next death match

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Twitter is bad for the brain. Might delete that shiet

I did and I'm much happier for it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

he's loving terrible. I don't even know what happened. He used to have great segments week after week. Is it being stuck in a bad angle that we all just have to get through, is he stuck in his own head and doesn't know what works anymore I dunno.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

poo poo lets add that segment to the pile because if MJF the face world champ thinks that made the audience think Swerve wasn't on his level bad job. If it's supposed to make me hate MJF every time he's on my television and want swerve to be world champ then great job I guess.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

MJF was the ostensible babyface in that segment, I feel the need to point out.

does it feel to you like he's trying to go for Rock circa 99 - 01? Just still being the heel but is actually the babyface and talks down to all his opponents? Because I liked that when I was 14 but think back to it as being poo poo. And MJF doesn't have the flow of Rock from that time. Everything feels so drawn out

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

The last time I thought a wrestling mystery was this direly dragged out, it took 3 months for the first person in Aces & Eights to have a match and be unmasked. This is officially 2 weeks longer than that one

oh god is it really because I remember at the time that one felt forever. Well I guess so has this!

NutShellBill posted:

Max is a good poo poo talker, but he's still 5'11". He needs to poo poo talk from a long, safe distance, or behind Samoa Joe. Not face to face with guys who tower over him.

This is really it. Max is terrible at talking poo poo these days because he always goes to the well of I'm actually better than you and everyone knows it - except he's the babyface and we're supposed to think he really thinks that against guys like Jay White, Hangman Page, Samoa Joe and now Swerve Strickland. My man MJF - those dudes don't make me want to turn off the tv.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Babyface Max was an obvious mistake before they did it and it gets worse each day it goes on. Never should have happened.

The thing is - it could have worked. Hell I did like his developing friendship with Adam especially up to All In. But his character has become stale, and as his challengers become more and more credible his usual crap about acting like they aren't on his level is just dumb. Like when he said Jay you really think you're on my level and loses his mind. That works when he's a heel and talks poo poo about Bryan Danielson but not as a face.

I honestly don't know how much more I can type about it - I am just tired of his act.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Refusing to pivot on an angle soured by injuries? Gee golly, that's always been a recipe for success historically!!!!

Oh wait

look Tony already had like 100 devil goon jackets printed, he was already invested!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

no

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

jfk blown away!!!!!!!!!!

did you just find out about the kennedy assassination???

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"Who's the Devil" - total snore
Kenny's guts broke him more
Friends of Adam Cole-a wars
I can't take it anymore

you rhymed more with more: F -

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sticky Nate posted:

I think it's generous to call two of them pillars

I always thought the pillars thing was silly because they were always pegged as future stars. To me the pillars of AEW at the beginning were the elite, jericho and Mox.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't see you doing your own Billy Joel song parody :colbert:

I'm not on trial here

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is there anything indicating Shibata is in danger of dying in the ring other than a previous injury? Is he not 100 percent healed from that?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

fart blood posted:

I love Christian Cage but if that Shayna Wayne promo was on Raw this whole forum would act like it was the worst thing ever

Disagreed. The reaction of boos made it great. It wasn't overlong. Nick Wayne was wonderfully smug as was Christian. I really enjoyed it. Perfect pacing

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Fish Of Doom posted:

AEW absolutely sucks at marketing its merch, which is kind of nuts because it's almost like free money. You never see any of the wrestlers wearing their shirts on TV, they don't have much on hand at live events, they're not plugging their online store. Like how hard can any of that be? You have the entirety of the BCC just wearing plain white tees and track suits, like if the NWO never wore their signature logo shirts. Say what you will about WWE, but they know how to push their merch.

The only time I really remember anyone in AEW actually wearing their shirts was MJF/Cole.

I don't think this is accurate in regards to the talent. I see bullet Club wearing their shirts all the time. And acclaimed. And bcc. Swerve wears his shirts.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Was WWE ever in danger of dying? I've heard the mid 90s were dire but did they actually stand a chance of going out of business?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I ain’t reading that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Peanut President posted:

send jericho back to WCW