Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

just drank coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

microwaving some water for instant coffee

you are living in the future

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Coffee doesn't come from the Arab world it comes from Kroger

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lmao I'm literally drinking coffee right now!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

would anyone be offended if I have a second cup of coffee, on this cold Sunday morning?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I've never had a dark roast outside of espresso, would you folks recommend it for normal filtered coffee?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

speng31b posted:

instant coffee can be very good....i am on a chemex kick lately but i will probably switch it up soon

been doing chemex every morning for 2 years and will never stop.

I was on that French press poo poo for 5 years before that, but once I tried the chemex it was eye opening (the caffeine was also eye opening)

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

Having my first coffee

ever?? tell us what you think of both the aromas and flavors

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm gonna be so freaking sad when the coffee plant goes extinct in the 2040s due to manmade climate change!!!!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

just started a big mason jar of cold brew, gonna have some delicious stuff in a couple days.

what's your technique for filtering

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I love coffee might even buy some decaf so I can have that 'ffee in the evening without getting the dang jitters

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I badly wanna try Vietnamese iced coffee at home, should I buy the little metal dripper or would a French press work just as well?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Nix Panicus posted:

Had some coffee, thinking about having another

saw this post and started brewing cup #2, gonna be a long day

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

made some nice late night decaf

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

bad coffee kicks rear end when you're on a road trip in the early morning

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

folks, I have a cautionary coffee tale for you all:

yesterday I went to the grocery store (the nice one that roasts their own beans) and bought two bags of beans: one medium roast, and one decaf (for the evenings). this store has a label printer where you weigh your coffee and label it.

well, late last night I made a cup of what I thought was decaf... little did I realize I'd labeled both bags as decaf!

I fully caff-blasted my brain and was up until 4am wondering what was wrong with me

luckly I used the late night to get ahead on some work, and this morning saw the two bags and realized what I had done! :)

the story has a happy ending: I've mixed the two bags together and now have half-caff beans which'll be a great change of pace, allowing me two cups per morning instead of one.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I love airplane coffee, a little bit of comfort at 30,000 feet. I love the little cups.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

$4 for a cup of coffee is not a "fair trade"

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

my Vietnamese coffee dripper arrived yesterday and I made the most delicious iced coffee with condensed milk. it feels like a little dessert treat!

coffee

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I've had the same Krups grinder for close to a decade and it's pretty alright, however it always gets ground coffee jammed up in one of the corners which I have to scrape out with a knife each time. I think I'm ready to buy a new one!

What's the best simple grinder out there. Do you folks find it's worth getting a fancy one to control the courseness?

I own this silly little guy:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

Dropped my mug. Coffee and bits of porcelain everywhere...

a shameful coffee drinker

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

just picked up some red bull

mods?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

Yup. Sitting at the kitchen table and imagining seven hours from now when I'm in the same spot drinking coffee

sounds like an addiction op

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

just had coffee, might have another one

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

drinking one last coffee this morning

(1 hour later) drinking my first afternoon cup

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

A nice evening coffee

famous last words.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

imagine a world without coffee..

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

had cofffee, gona have a second cofee too

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

this might make me unpopular here, but I've switched to half caff (I buy two sets of beans & mix em together) and I feel pretty good about my decision, I'm sleeping better while still enjoying the taste of #coffee every morning

fellow actual coffee addicts take note! it worked for me :)

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/clubmoss_/status/1749432471345635526

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

what's the consensus on McDonalds coffee

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

yeah

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

moreover, free croup

this inspired me to make a 2nd cup (of coffee)

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Mr. Sharps posted:

lying in bed thinking about coffee

don't let your dreams be dreams

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

made Vietnamese iced coffee today, was very good. need to buy more condensed milk!!!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Zodium posted:

made an evening cup after cleaning the moccamaster. tastes divine

prove it

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Nix Panicus posted:

Gonna have some now I think

reading this caused me to have a cup of coffee, the true Woke Mind Virus

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

bought beans today

coffee tomorrow!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

what's the best Burr grinder if price is not an issue (coffee is my passion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I should've chosen my words better there