Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

my bony fealty posted:

had a greek coffee today

trip report?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

my bony fealty posted:

it made me gay

Turkish coffee can fix that for you

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
If you do espresso and have multiple bags of coffee on the go, Niche Zero is the best single-dose grinder I've used. It's conical burr, not flat, but still produces a very consistent grind through its whole range. Also pretty quiet.

https://www.nichecoffee.co.uk/

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
two americanos in. awaiting afternoon crash

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
In Sweden they invite you over but you have to bring your own coffee

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
condolences. It's really bad coffee

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

it's coffee time.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

that's me

unless I get my coffee

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
every evening I struggle with whether I should have a coffee or njot. it tastes delicious. helps me do my coursework. but then I cant sleep. this is every single day.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I only drink cold brew and I use Vermont coffee roasters coffee because even in cold brew cheap poo poo tastes bad to me.

Verified with blinded tests, because that's how cheap I am, at a core level. Still won't drink garbage

coffee is meant to be enjoyed

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

my bony fealty posted:

want that coffee that the stoat or whatever shits out

it's a civet.

it tastes like rear end (actually) apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkbuFwHnJQY

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dokapon Findom posted:

It was apparently good when it was harvested from wild civet droppings, but then it caught on in popularity and they started caging the things and only feeding them coffee cherries, which negatively impacts the health of the animal and its ability to produce good tasting poo poo

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Looking for a coffee that takes you where you are Loved, Respected and Cared for? Red Door is your coffee. This coffee gives you a place that you can Live, Laugh and Learn.  When you look at it from the outside, it is just a coffee. Yet it is really a Home.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
If put coffee beans in my belly it is still coffee

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
placeholder for morning americano tomorrow

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
I'm putting it in a demitasse for a helpless child

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I keep drinking too much coffee and not eating any food. Woops.

same. the stomach rebels.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
another perfect 32 g Ethiopian espresso shot. vibrant. Silky. incandescent.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Nix Panicus posted:

I started using my metal aeropress filter again this week to make my coffee a little more robust, but forgot to tell my wife about it. She accidently threw the metal filter in the trash when she went to make herself a cup this morning, thinking it was just a paper filter like we've had for months.

Do I dig through the trash to save the filter, or just accept paper filters and move on?

I went back to paper filters after using metal for a while. I prefer the cleaner taste of paper, and being wasteful makes me feel normal.

But those filters are also kind of beautiful objects so it sucks to lose one. Might be raccoon time.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
First of the day. Beans are getting a bit old, gotta grind finer.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

eSports Chaebol posted:

i once aspired to get to a point where i could go bottomless and then i just gave up on life (by which i mean i gave up on bothering to put enough effort into dialing in)

I bought a Europiccola from some psycho who had tricked it out with every single high-end attachment and mod possible, for cheaper than just buying the machine on its own retail. came with pressure gauge, group head isolator bung and temperature gauge, extended handle, and a competition-grade bottomless portafilter. it came with a little mirror too so you could watch your shot.

biggest factor seems to be the grinder quality. I tried doing espresso with a cheap Breville grinder and it would always clog and shoot everywhere. invested in a Niche Zero and it gives me an awesome shot every time, once you dial in the beans.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Mr. Sharps posted:

quit taking b roll and get back to work!

can't. it's coffee time.
:coffeepal:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
first coffee down ☕delicious specialty americano

Second coffee incoming ☕☕

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
watching the snowstorm with a cuppa

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

lobster shirt posted:

backseat modding. user loses posting privileges for 100,000 hours.

Mm-hmm *takes a sip*

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Zedhe Khoja posted:

hey can one of the turkish posters tell me where in this fuckin country i can get a mocha pot,
sometimes I like a lil cuban coffee

Just order a moka pot online? They're pretty common. They make bad coffee quickly, and mediocre coffee slowly

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Nix Panicus posted:

Get a load of this guy

Time for coffee

moka pots are very fussy to work with compared to something like an aeropress, and even when you get it right it's only ok coffee. I'm willing to die on this hill.

Nix Panicus posted:

I find cleaning the burr mainly reduces the effort it takes to get a nice fine grind afterwards

How often do people wash their grinders? I disassemble mine and scrub it about once a month, which is about 30-40 cups.

I take apart the Niche every few months. It's always pretty clean inside - just needs a light brushing to get everything out.

it's zero retention that just works.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
The instructions for my grinder just say brush away the grounds and/or vacuum them out. I guess you can remove the burr set and fully sanitize it, but I wouldn't bother unless the machine was going to be stored for a while

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Making espresso. Very akbar

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
an hour and a half of pushing snow around. was thinking about that espresso the whole time.

then I made it.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Mm-hmm

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dokapon Findom posted:

I don't shop at any store with a German name.

You're a lidl racist

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dokapon Findom posted:

Aldi on this hill

been working hard here. time for a cuppa qahveh.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

lumpentroll posted:

it’s been snowing all night you stupid rear end in a top hat

sounds like you could use a cup of coffee

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Nix Panicus posted:

The worst part about black coffee is waiting for it to cool enough to drink and hoping I don't forget about it entirely and it gets too cold

Watching a cup now, waiting for the right temperature

skill issue

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

smoobles posted:

I've never had a dark roast outside of espresso, would you folks recommend it for normal filtered coffee?

if all you like in coffee is a rich chocolatey taste on the bitter end of the spectrum, (or burned taste if you have trash beans like like Kicking Horse or Starbucks dark), then yeah, darker roasts.

if you want more floral notes and acidic/sour taste, then go lighter for your filtered coffee.

personally I prefer light roasts even for espresso

Bilirubin posted:

train your heat pain receptors by burning them out

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
back to back specialty Ethiopian americanos. heart pounding. awake, alert to the violence of reality :coffeepal: