Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
we have a plastic tree and it’s great. prelit and everything.

as an aside i’m glad melatonin works for so many of you. for me it’s always been practically homeopathy as it doesn’t absolutely nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

killerwhat posted:

If it’s not below freezing, this works well and quickly: pour warm tap water over the windows to melt the frost. Then use the wipers and screen wash - it’s got antifreeze in it.

if it’s not below freezing i can’t imagine the car is so burdened with ice that it needs so much defrosting. personally i think that’s a bad habit to get into

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Maybe you just need to dilute it more

i’ll put the box under my pillow next time

killerwhat posted:

Well, warm water or screen wash, one or the other is fine. As long as I'm not standing in the cold scraping anything. I'm cautious when it's below 0 remembering an incident - probably 30 years ago now :wth: - where my mum, rushing to take me to school, poured water over the windscreen that froze into a sheet by the time we got round the corner.

yeah my point is that pouring water onto a windshield is a very bad idea. i don’t even think those sprays are good because they will absolutely freeze in in cold weather when you get under speed

TACD posted:

I have some CBD gummies and it seems to be a toss-up as to whether they help me sleep or keep me awake 🤷🏻

How much are you taking? I have read that taking too much can paradoxically prevent sleep, so taking less might help? (I’m having a hard time imagining how melatonin can do nothing since it’s the brain’s own sleep signalling chemical)

i mean just because your body uses doesn’t mean that it’s exceptionally useful when taken orally though. it just doesn’t seem to do much for me regardless of dosage. it’s not a big deal.

lmao hanged. what a goof.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/milkmanmeme/status/1731418054419009562?s=46&t=8g1SJ87BoVmp86tfUCXz2A

https://twitter.com/milkmanmeme/status/1731418083330297962?s=46&t=8g1SJ87BoVmp86tfUCXz2A

https://twitter.com/milkmanmeme/status/1731418109393662419?s=46&t=8g1SJ87BoVmp86tfUCXz2A

https://twitter.com/milkmanmeme/status/1731418130767888484?s=46&t=8g1SJ87BoVmp86tfUCXz2A

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Bardeh posted:

if i die, I've left instructions to sell my account on the open market as part of my estate.

just waiting for the rebound. membership will close and legacy sa users will sell accounts for thousands

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Phrakusca posted:

I wouldn't mind having a posting enemy. Applications are now open.

I barely post so the successful candidate will likely defeat me by default.

hey fucker

Phrakusca posted:

Dog attacks: What can you do to protect yourself?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-68228780

The advice on this article is kinda crap. It basically seems to say "just give up" if the dog actually attacks. I'm not expecting a detailed breakdown on how to kill a dog, but if a dog is gonna bite you and you don't think you can avoid it, offer it something to bite (the last resort being your least favourite/weakest limb), and fight back. Otherwise try to get on top of it; these mean dogs are heavy, but most people are heavier.

And yes, I could beat any dog in a fight. Probably even a lion or bear tbh. Not a goose though.

deeply skeptical of your survival versus lion or bear but i suppose decks could be stacked

but yeah i feel like there are a number of things you can do to fight a dog whos attacking you. go for the eyes man, works for people, works for dogs

edit: lol worst fuckin snype

260 is the magic constant of the 8x8 magic square, also known as the Franklin square after Benjamin Franklin

260 is also the number of days in Tzolk'in, a Mayan calendar

mediaphage fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 18, 2024

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Azza Bamboo posted:

I bet America says every relationship is special and we're just the idiots who believe it.

no we promise ur v special 2 me bb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

The username makes it an obvious troll

for me it was till donkeys lol