Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Did they change the Lorroakan fight?

I'm doing a tactician run and after ending the initial conversation where I said "I'll tell her you're here just to watch her rip you apart" 3 Silver Servant of Selune npcs spawned in. During the fight they gave a Silver Orb of Selune debuff to enemies (it said Not Found for the description but it caused enemies to take a ton of extra radiant damage). They also had a Sacred Retribution ability which is just hellish rebuke but radiant and more damage. They also kept an invulnerability sphere on Aylin at all times. The fight was insanely easy due to it and honestly not as fun

edit: Scratch the Orb of Selune debuff. They actually give allies Angelic Weapon (weapon attacks deal 5-40 additional radiant damage), no idea what the orb does

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Dec 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Uhh....how do you win the Jackpot?
I just got it on my first run and I don't remember doing anything special for it. Now on my second run, I'm just not getting any option to do that no matter how many times I spin.

Is it some kind of passive check or something?

Steal his ring or distract him

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Act 3 spoiler Killed Orin and got her armor, but something's fucky

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Black Noise posted:

My last save is actually right after that let me check to see if this is hotfix related.

I've had other things show NOT FOUND, but it was random stuff like white leather gloves as decorations in an area so I didn't think much of it. It's been happening since the last patch.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

That's always bothered me about D&D and other fantasy universes. That half-[race] is always human + [race]. I understand that it's likely due to rules writing and not wanting to do permutations for every race pairing, but still.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Do you have to do something special to see the epilogue?

I just finished a campaign I started after the patch and I didn't get it. It had the scene at the pier, then one with romanced shart, then credits and withers mocking the dead three after.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Ketheric's legendary action can be somewhat tricky if you have a melee-centric comp

That makes me nervous. I just started my first HM run and my Tav is a paladin (planning on dipping warlock after lvl 5), battle master Lae'Zel, tempest Shart, and Karlach that I respect'd to thief.

I'm a simple man, I don't like messing with spell slots and just like to cast BONK.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Pellisworth posted:

oathbreaker paladin 7 / blade pact warlock 5 is a very strong combo, you can get 3x your Charisma bonus in weapon damage on top of your smites (pact weapon + Oathbreaker aura at level 7 + Diadem of Arcane Synergy which still procs off everything under the sun)

What's the benefit of taking warlock to 5 instead of just to 3 for the past of the blade?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Khizan posted:

Warlock gets an extra attack at L5 and if you’re not on honor mode it stacks with the one paladin gets.

I'm on honor mode, so I wouldn't be getting the extra attack.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Not Found bug is making Honor Mode really hard since I can't read any of the new buffs/abilities on bosses.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is there a fix for the "not found" bug or am I just stuck not knowing what any of the bosses' HM abilities are?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

First time since it's been added that the game's actually let me see the epilogue (3rd playthrough since then). And it has such stimulating conversations

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I had this happen to me on another conversation earlier in the game and saving and loading fixed it. Well, saving and killing the process because honor mode.

I've been having the NOT FOUND bug happen throughout this and other playthroughs and reloading hasn't fixed it (it didn't fix this instance of it either). I tried uninstalling all mods and verifying the game files, still nothing.

I haven't tried a full uninstall/reinstall yet mainly because the game still works well enough and I feel more like playing instead of redownloading this behemoth of a game.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Floppychop posted:

I've been having the NOT FOUND bug happen throughout this and other playthroughs and reloading hasn't fixed it (it didn't fix this instance of it either). I tried uninstalling all mods and verifying the game files, still nothing.

I haven't tried a full uninstall/reinstall yet mainly because the game still works well enough and I feel more like playing instead of redownloading this behemoth of a game.

The Foehammer achievement also didn't pop after finishing. Not sure I have another HM run in me after dealing with all the NOT FOUND bullshit.

Boss fights were extremely not fun because all the new boss abilities were just NOT FOUND for all text but still had all their effects. I couldn't learn them by just reading but instead burned through way too many resources trying to learn what each did the hard way.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

That was a fun fight but kind of anticlimactic.

I used the ranged "knock enemy back" attack and I thought it would knock the spider onto the level below, instead it knocked the spider into the bottomless pit. Instant kill. Hope they didn't have good loot lol.

Seems like the fight would be super hard without instagibbing the mama spider. Even dropping her down one level only does like 30 damage.

The loot isn't great but you can still get it in the underdark

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Ulvino posted:

I did that in my playthrough as well. Only regret not being able to get the head for my mushroom friend.

Jump someone into the lava with a good Strength stat and just have them throw his corpse back up.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is there a way in the custom difficulty where the bosses get the honor mode abilities?

Basically I want honor mode difficulty but without the single save. I already got Foehammer, I don't need the save stress on future runs.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Of course there's a mod for that. I didn't even think to look for one.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

There's something special in that room that can get you a permanent friend :)

Aren't they only permanent if you learn the spell as a wizard?