Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

How in the gently caress do you give up on the season with 2 games left and you're not eliminated from playoff contention? Holy poo poo that's about as bitch made as you can possibly get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

smellslikebitchinhere.jpg

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Broncos are 11th in the AFC and just lost to the 3 win Pats, they aren’t making the playoffs.

The Raiders very recently lost a game 3-0 and barely won a game 2 days ago where the QB didn't complete a single goddamn pass after the first quarter and you don't see them literally giving up with a non zero chance of getting a playoff berth. Defending the Broncos decision to do this is absolutely mind blowing because not too long ago Denver was considered a hot team by a lot of people.

All this does is reinforce my hatred of the Broncos as being a weak baby bitch organization so it's whatever

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

solarjetman posted:

I'm not at all sure this materially affects their playoff odds.

Wilson has 26 TDs and 8 INTs so that's not exactly terrible and you're benching him for Stidham and saying it doesn't matter?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

wilderthanmild posted:

Remember when everyone thought the Broncos were going to be a power house once Russ joined the team? Similarly remember when everyone thought the AFCW was going to be the dominant division because they had the "Best" QB roster with Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson, Carr?

Also remember how everyone though Payton was going to turn things around?

It's funny how bad some of fairly average takes at the time seem a couple years later.

The division had an arms race that off-season and, on paper at least, every team looked to be pretty drat solid. But yeah, it all went to poo poo very quickly, lol.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Good to see Broncos fans giving up hope on a miracle playoff run so the Walmart fucks get to save some money, lol

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

PUT DEVIN HESTER IN THE loving HALL OF FAME

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The guy who came closest to Hester's excitement factor was Dante " the human joystick" Hall and he didn't last very long at all.

Hester haters can suck it

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I'm convinced now, Devin Hester sucks

Dave Meggett should be in the Hall of Fame

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Meggett was great in Tecmo Super Bowl :thurman: and All-Pro 2K8.

Just, uh, don’t look up his life outside or after football :yikes:

Crime in Sports has an episode on him and yeah... it's pretty bad

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

If you don't believe that a player should be in the Hall of Fame despite being literally the best ever at his position then you suck

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Papercut posted:

Long snapper was brought up earlier, I don't care how good you might be as a long snapper I don't think you should be in the hall.

Do you think the best gunner ever should be in? That's basically the special teams opposite of best punt returner.

I personally wouldn't care if a long snapper got in, provided that they're considered the best to ever do that job. For the sake of argument, I can see a pushback against a long snapper or gunner because teams don't literally poo poo themselves at the prospect of having said long snapper or gunner on the field. Teams absolutely and universally poo poo themselves at the mere thought of Hester returning a kick and routinely gave up valuable field position to prevent that from happening so I'd say his case is much stronger for HOF consideration than those other positions.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I'm okay with the Browns going to the Superbowl, and getting crushed by the Lions, ONLY because it'll create a massive shitstorm at QB next year when Watson continues to suck and Flacco is probably just chilling at home playing that Demolition Man pinball machine in his basement not giving a gently caress about anything.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

Punt and kick returners are pulled from a population of players deemed bad enough at other roles that it is acceptable for them to get hurt returning kicks, as seen when Hester played WR. They are not the best at it relative to all other players, just the ones who would/could be best at it are often already playing another position seen as more valuable.

Every non-QB is just someone not good enough to play the most important position therefore they all suck and the Hall of Fame should be QB only. No grandfather clause bullshit, take Jerry Rice's bust and melt that fucker down because he wasn't good enough to be a quarterback.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Doltos posted:

Completely disingenuous to my argument. Returners are one of the only positions that people graduate from besides guard to tackle. You can't look at the careers of Steve Smith Jr. or Odell Beckham or any other returner that was put into offense instead and ignore that.

Hester wasn't that great. He was from your nostalgia era.

This is basically word salad that doesn't mean a goddamn thing.

LOL at "your nostalgia era" holy poo poo

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Beware of the Cheesecake Factory: you might get a blowjob in the parking lot or get your rear end beat near the dumpster. It's risky but if you get lucky then the reward is pretty sweet!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Doltos posted:

No I think it's pretty straight forward sorry you got problems comprehending

You cited 2 players who absolutely do not have anywhere near comparable production to Hester at KR/PR for some weird reason and acted like it's a slam dunk when it means jack poo poo, you said that he wasn't even really that great of a returner anyway and you also assumed that the only reason I believe he was amazing at his position is because of my "nostalgia era" which, if anything, would be late '80s--'90s NFL when Hester was in elementary school so you're wrong about everything and probably should just stop because you clearly don't know what the gently caress you're talking about.

Mega64 posted:

The Hall of Fame argument comes down to "Who gets more blowjobs in a random Ohio Cheesecake Factory parking lot, Devin Hester or Baker Mayfield?

If the former, you basically have to induct him into the Hall of Fame.

Hell, whoever wins that contest should go to the Hall no matter what because that's the American dream, parking lot blowjobs

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 30, 2023

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

lots of stuff

You and Mr. Nice are doing God's work :patriot:

Nervous posted:

I thought the dream was to eat cereal in my underwear alone. Am I doing this wrong?

You're missing out!

fartknocker posted:

I believe the standard is a million dicks per second, a record set by the Dallas Cowboys

Confirming this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

indigi posted:

no there's plenty of people posting "just let him finish the season!!" or "man it's a shame to bench such a competitive guy at the end of his career." being disgusted by their contract shenanigans is good, that's not what I’m reacting to

Who's saying that? gently caress Russell Wilson. His personality is basically a Great Value Tom Brady which makes him infinitely hateable.