Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Gonz posted:

Happy 2024, everybody!

BRING BACK RAISED BY WOLVES.

Baronash posted:

Bring back Terriers.

Raised By Terriers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I use an app called TV Time to track my movies and TV shows and I want to move to Letterboxed but it only doing movies prevented me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pan Dulce posted:

Holy poo poo, I know this is weird, but it's TV adjacent, so I'll put it here, but that anyone remember that Lone Ranger catchphrase? I always thought it was "Hi Ho Silver!" Apparently, it's "Hi Yo Silver," and I've been The Berenstain Bears/Mandela effecting.

https://medium.com/@nathanielhebert/hi-yo-silver-hi-ho-silver-and-the-murky-history-of-the-lone-rangers-catchphrase-9860e4433f23

I didn't get into Lone Ranger, I always think of Bill in It saying it while riding his bike, and I think he says Hi Ho Silver so that's how I remember it heh

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

zoux posted:

Outstanding in Justified, I was disappointed she ended up on Last Man Standing

Yeah her in Justified and Hailee Stanfield in True Grit were both kid actresses I said "Holy poo poo, this kid is going to be an outstanding adult actress. Loretta was such a great role.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuQGOpsGFdY
Youtube channel Scaredy Cats is doing a video a day review of the 90s Canadian vampire series, Forever Knight. It just started so there's only two episodes.

Man I loved that show. Perfect late night trash for teenage me.

I remember being so confused when I saw the movie that started it and it was Rick Springfield playing Nick haha

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rain Brain posted:

There was a movie? With Rick Springfield?

Was actually thinking of rewatching Forever Knight since I need a MotW-ish show with a billion episodes to put on while I do stuff but was worried that it would just be too crap, despite my low standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4TcZWREhQM

Looks like it's on YouTube!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jesus this season of Fargo is good. Jon Hamm, Joe Keery and Juno Temple are all just KILLING it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DaveWoo posted:

I agree with some of your criticisms, but I do think that Danny Trejo at least qualifies as a character actor - distinctive look, appears in a lot of things, usually plays the same type of role.

For Glenn Howerton, the closest thing to a character actor role I've seen him play is his part in the first season of Fargo, which oddly enough didn't get included in the slideshow.

I dunno he was pretty much "Dennis but a businessman" in Blackberry.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So uhhh how bout that finale to the Curse???

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

mystes posted:

how much younger can these sheldons get

Sheldon 3500 B.C focusing on the dawn of man

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

There's an awful lot of psychotic murder being done by the "good guys" on Reacher

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Ted is exactly the show is was looking for. The CG is really good, Max Burkholder is crushing it and the random Bruins stuff gives me the the happy.

I wasn't feeling the first episode but the 2nd and 3rd were better. I laughed my rear end off at the diner scene with the escalating story about the miscarriage.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Prequel show

I've watched most of the episodes (yay winter storm) and it's incredibly hit or miss. Some really hilarious jokes, but I don't understand why the show is nearly an hour long.

The lead is great but the side plots are meh. It honestly feels a lot like Goldbergs in the 90s. "Oh the wife wants to do more with her life, the husband is an angry beer drinking Republican!". The sister niece is an activist feminist! At least Giorgia Whigham is cute.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I am now extremely invested in which will evolve to be the most powerful Night County thread

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Btw this was Rhea Seehorn’s last chance to win an Emmy for BCS and she lost to Jennifer Coolidge

fez_machine posted:

it sucks

hollywood really wanted that redemption story for Stiffler's mum

Ugh Jennifer Coolidge was fine in White Lotus but she really wasn't bringing anything ground breaking. That's a big bummer. :( Maybe she can come back for El Camino 2 and win the Oscar!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gripweed posted:

I just have no faith in Star Wars being able to do a good second season. I'm assuming that season 2 of Andor will have one episode that's just a backdoor pilot to a Bill Burr show that never gets made, and a three episode arc about High Marquise Galea Slup, the beloved character Star Wars fans have known and loved since she first appeared as a piece of concept art for a cancelled Clone Wars phone game.

Nahhhh it'll be a couple episodes about Jack Black and Lizzo's characters, with a Hutt laugh track

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I AM GRANDO posted:

I’m amazed the Simpsons is still on. People must watch it, but not anyone I’ve ever met. I meet lots of people age 20-60 so I don’t know who the audience is. Little kids and families? Younger people don’t even know there are good episodes, because they weren’t born until after the Armin Tamzarian episode and have never seen pre-2000 reruns.

I imagine the show will continue until one of the core cast or Harry Shearer dies and it becomes too much work to replace them.

I would say a better bet is going to be that they sell off their voice rights to Disney who then uses AI to record their lines for centuries to come.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

I remember it the same way as you, yeah. There’s a reason Dear Sister became so popular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saEzQcayEPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmd1qMN5Yo0

In case anyone else hasn't seen it. I just found out it was inspired by the OC last year hahaha

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I say bring back Craig Kilborne for the Daily Show

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Reacher finale was a big wet fart on a big wet turd of a season. Just a ton of murder and sadist acts from "the good guys".

I knew it was a fluke that I liked season 1 of a show my dad loves

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Show should be called Juggernaut Holmes

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Clearly you don't follow the thread, we've been shouting the praises of Reservation Dogs for years

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

IRQ posted:

Japan is like full on attacking the US because their economy imploded, and got nukes.

For a moment I thought this was the USPOL thread and was super confused and slightly worried.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Timby posted:

This is a popularly held belief, but it's wrong. The Sum of All Fears finished filming in June 2001, three months before 9 / 11.

Thanks jerk I wasn't feeling old today until I saw that the "new" Jack Ryan movie is over 20 years old

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man this a pretty dark season of True Detective, though a part of me wonders if it's an adaptation of 30 Days of Night

no I don't actually think that but there's a lot of similarities!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

I really wish I had another throwaway watch-in-the-background comfort show that I could vibe with no matter what, because I've almost finished rewatching all of the good seasons of Mythbusters. Everything else I think of just feels like it would involve more engagement than I have the ability to give at the moment.

I just did a rewatch of Nathan For You as my background show and it's still amazing

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bright Bart posted:

Conversely, I only know his co-star from having played a heart surgeon on her show from a decade ago. So I wasn't expecting her to be in her mid-30s, given she would have played the previous role at an age when most are still in medical school.

And I only know her from playing a teenager!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm slightly more forgiving to Chappelle than a lot of people because I generally give stand up comedians a lot of slack, but his latest special was just not good. I can't remember if it was here or another thread where someone brought up "clapter" but that's it 100%. His stuff isn't really funny anymore, it's just fishing for applause

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Maybe you guys could talk it over in the Trump thread and we can get back to talking about how weird True Detective is this season

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chubby Henparty posted:

I'm hesitant to say if its good or bad at this stage - like its all going to depend on how well they pull the ending off.

Yep this is exactly how I feel. I'm fine with the slow burn of a show but it has to have a payoff at the end. I'm a bit nervous at just how supernatural this season is, S1 had a lot of hints and such, and S4 seems to be leaning into the stuff S1 set up, I just hope there's an actual resolution.

The initial murder was fuckin sick though. As in, Hannibal level stuff.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

X-O posted:

There was a fantastic HBO original movie about Rasputin that starred Alan Rickman as Rasputin and I don't think you can find that thing anywhere now. I saw it High School several years after it aired as one my teachers had recorded it on VHS. It's not on Max or any streaming as far as I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_gmWd6DkX0

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

X-O posted:

Nice! I can't imagine it'll be in better quality anywhere else. I don't think I've ever even seen this in widescreen!

It's crazy how much stuff is on Youtube that probably shouldn't be but no one has complained yet. It's my first search when looking for old stuff.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm watching the new Hulu Lonely Island movie Self Reliance and it just seems weird. Like, I'm trying to figure out the best way to describe it and I really can't. It just is paced odd and the script seems like it needed another pass.

Good concept though

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pentyne posted:

What even was a 'big' acting role for Rousey? I saw her in the Entourage movie and it was bad enough to make the rest of the Entourage cast look like A list actors in comparison.

I always think of her role in the Oscar award winning drama, Fast and the Furious 6 (or was it 7...either way)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If the movie doesn't end with him getting stoned and accidentally eating her what even is freedom

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bright Bart posted:

Trip reports:

Mr. & Mrs. Smith still entertaining me half-way in. What actually surprised me was the third episode. Like you knew that these people had some sort of special forces/intelligence background. They're not entirely buffoons stumbling around. But it was made to look (to me at least) like they're pretty much support staff office workers trying to live their 007 fantasies. Instead, no, Danny Glover just straight up James Bonds his way through the situation.

Had me confused for a split second

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Joe Manganiello's Dragonlance adaptation is dead due to the Hasbro sale. He says he even tried to just buy the franchise outright to continue the project but nothing doing.

Uggghhhhh that really makes me sad. D&D is having a renaissance due to the movie and Baldurs Gate 3, and I've been getting back in to it. I loved Dragonlance as a kid and while I knew it was a long shot it was hopeful he might right the wrongs of the God awful animated film

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah that animation is fantastic.

My first thought in watching the trailer was "I like Noel Fielding but he's no Bruce Campbell..."

I went on a mad scavenger hunt to find that show a few years back. Couldn't buy it digitally anywhere so I finally ended up buying a box set of the DVDs and ripping them myself. The intro is so good.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rageaholic posted:

:yeah:

I cracked up laughing when I heard it

I admit I wasn't 100% paying attention, what part are you guys talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

zoux posted:

I feel bad for Dakota Johnson. I thought Ben and Kate was really funny and she's also really funny when she does SNL. But all her movies are critical disasters so the public probably thinks she's budget brand Shaline Woodley. She should do more comedy, except that they don't make comedy films anymore so she'd have to go back to TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX_Rxvg8vdo

Yeah I hadn't even had a thought about her in years but she killed it on SNL. The Roast video above made me laugh harder than I'd laughed in years at SNL.