Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Happy New Year to Milwaukee Culkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

I haven't seen Citizen Kane in totality, but I took a film class where the professor ran down like 40 loving things that were invented in that movie. Like he'd show a 2 second clip and be like "This is the first time this ever happened in a movie. They had to engineer a new type of camera and lens to get this 2-second shot" and it would be something you've seen a million times since then. So I think watching it you'd probably be bored because people have been copying the techniques for 80 years, but watching it in 1941 you probably would have had your mind blown.
I also watched it in film class so I have more of an appreciation for it than a regular person who has no connection to the film besides hearing that it is the 'greatest movie ever made'. It's a good character study and Orson Welles is great.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Every Sony movie looks like that too, with all of that color saturation

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/reaction105/status/1771560356248183198?s=20

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

In Star Trek what does it mean when they unbutton that little flap on the front of their shirts. Does that mean they are off duty?
Essentially yeah.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jon Irenicus posted:

let's get every single character who showed up the 80s spiderman comics a full studio released movie because Venom was an improbable success and Marvel used to make a bajillion dollars
There's a non-zero chance that someone will convince Sony that they need to do a big budget adaptation of the Clone Saga

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

So for people who go to bat for Lindelof Watchman, what's up with the ending. What am I supposed to get out of the ending?
The ending very clearly explained to me that he didn't understand the comic at all

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

On the topic of TNG, I finally started watching it and a lot of the season 1 episodes are ROUGH. Still decently entertaining though.
Season 1 is the worst the show ever is, thankfully. Although there are stinkers in Season 2 (particularly Shades of Gray, which had to be a clip show because they blew the budget too much and had almost nothing left for the end of the season).

The pacing in Season 1 is also extremely slow in most of the episodes. I'm glad they eventually sped it up by Season 3, which is when the show really becomes the show that people love.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

picard had a perfectly good excuse to get rid of wesley for good and he blew it. you know the only reason picard didn't go all in on pursuing beverly was that he didn't want that disappointing little wiener to be his son
Then he ends up with an even bigger weiner later on as a son

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Oppenheimer is good, but it's very much a character study so if you don't like that kind of movie, or biopics, I would avoid.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Ridley was a complete unknown before TFA. I was looking into it and all of her films pre-TFA were very indie British stuff that you've never heard of.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Hey all! Is the murder prison attraction any good? It's been open a while now, so I tried to look up any reviews but no ones that been to it so far seems to of posted any for some reason. :(
It's shockingly good

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Do they even know that the same guy who directed Rogue One made this show?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I still thought Rogue One was fine, but I wish they had toned down some of their choices like having Vader, CGI Tarkin and CGI Leia show up

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Rope is a cool little movie that feels more like a play, since it only takes place in a couple of rooms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

RoboCop 2 is very much a remake of the first one in a lot of ways. It has its moments but it's not nearly as good as the first.