Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Can't have a new thread with Star Wars. We'll never escape it.

https://i.imgur.com/i7n4z63.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Damon Killian, of course.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Vim Fuego posted:

shehulk's cgi dumper

I'll assume in this case the CGI stands for "Certified GIgantic".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Kingo Ligma posted:

... they made a financially constrained 6 episode series shot on black and white 16mm

I don't think anyone remembers this.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

juggalo baby coffin posted:

he looks like the golden globes bosses wished on a lamp for a monologue, and the only way the genie could think to make the wish go ironically wrong was to do a poo poo job himself

It was weird they decided to go with a standup at the last minute, but if they were going to go with a standup, why Jo Koy of all people. He's not a terrible comedian, but just the absolute middle of the road, nothing unique to say, maybe get a few chuckles at best out of his set type of comedian. Of course they would go with a "safe" pick, but they picked the safest snoozefest of a comedian possible.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just watched Napoleon.... did this movie shoehorn in a reference to the "succulent chinese meal" video?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Palpateen: Will She Be The Last In Her Group To Get Her Jedi Powers?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

redshirt posted:

Did they say how? Fragged by his own guys? Fell into a VC bamboo pit?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Last time I regularly went to the movies was maybe 20 years ago. I did sneak out of a work meeting once to see Fury Road in the theatre, which I was pretty meh on afterwords, but nothing since.

Price too high, food too bad, floors too sticky, too many of that one person in the back who has a laugh that makes the rest of the theatre audibly go WTF.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rageaholic posted:

:catstare:

Fury Road is one of the best action movies of the past decade, wtf

It just didn't do it for me. I attribute this to two things. One, it felt a bit too style over substance for me. For post apocalypse wasteland, these "junker" hot rods felt a bit too planned out and polished. The armor a little too styled and refined. In earlier films, everything felt far more thrown together at the last minute and barely works. Most likely due to those films smaller nature and budget, but it worked in their favor. I just felt Mad Max "going big" as a franchise didn't do it any favors.

The much larger issue though, I've just lost all interest in the action genre as a whole. Loved it as a kid, but now I find 99% of the genre insipid and boring.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just wasting time before bed, watching that dumb movie Stuber on tv. At the end, his electric car blows up. Stuber says "What?! It's electric! How would it ever catch on fire?!"

Such innocent times back then. Sweet summer childs, all of us.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

priznat posted:

It really looked like purestrain Oscar bait that will be instantly forgotten after the ceremony, just like Shakespeare in love and The Artist. Everyone wishes they could forget Crash (the bad one).

Awards shows are such a massive waste of time, who cares.

Agreed.

I used to watch the Oscars every year when young, it just seemed like something everyone did. Then my eyes were opened when I asked my first girlfriend when I was 15 if she wanted to get together to watch the Oscars, and her response was "... Oscars? Pfft, who gives a poo poo." It was true, why should I give a poo poo about rich people giving each other awards for playing make believe. Never looked back.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

kalel posted:

it's me. I'm hosting the oscars

Make sure you do a bit about the pros and cons of all the races. Comedy gold!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Arc Hammer posted:

I love how they hired one person for the crew whose whole job was watching for airplanes so they didn't screw up any shots of the sky.

What a bizarre job. Painting out a distant plane in the sky is like zero work for the effects crew. Practically a one button preset in their chosen effects platform.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Arc Hammer posted:

It was 1999 and while it's true that it can be easily fixed, it's also cheaper if you don't have to do it because you've got a person with a walkie talkie telling you when the skies are clear.

Even in 1999, it literally would've been cheaper, easier, and faster to paint out the plane. If you have a guy check for it, he's getting his standard wage. You have to get him to set, feed him, get him back to wherever they're staying afterwords. If there is a plane, gotta wait at that point. Burning cash everyone just standing around.

Even with the more primitive software at the time, it would've been a nothing fix to remove a plane that was 8 pixels in diameter from the distant sky. A moments work.

Gripweed posted:

I just saw an ad for the new Ghostbusters, which featured Bill Murray saying a sentence. He sounded so old. :(

Not quite as old as William Atherton though, who sounded like he was in the process of dying during his scene in the trailer.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Isn't this just the LRDG, Long Range Desert Group, that was assembled during the africa campaigns, and became the SAS over time?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jose Oquendo posted:

It also has everything else you hate about movies: A sequel hook, and because gently caress you, it's connected to the Kingsman Cinematic Universe.

... I thought everybody already knew this? The movie is Kingsmen with the numbers filed off. The production design is Kingsmen down to the smallest detail.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Recast Carano, have her show up to save the day on some random planet, and during her inspiring speech cut to Starkiller Base and it blows the planet she's on the gently caress up.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
drat, American Fiction slaps. Definitely feels like "the type of movie they don't make anymore", and they knocked it out of the park.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Space Kablooey posted:

Jason Statham plays a better stoic action man and that's not really a compliment now that I think about it

Jason Statham has never played a better anything.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

CaptainBeefart posted:

Watching Norbit for the first time.

This is a safe space. Show me on the doll where Norbit destroyed your love of movies.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
A dang, is Bigfoo down for some T-Sex?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Keep your comments to yourself if they're not about t-sex with bigfoo.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Gutcruncher posted:

Nah I’d rather provoke the bugs

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

FeculentWizardTits posted:

I just want to say the talk show guy who says "Frankly I find the idea of a bug that thinks O-FFENSIVE" knocked that bit out of the park and I wish he'd been in more clips

https://i.imgur.com/8VJRUQT.mp4

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

PIVOT!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
XJakk got run off? Dang, annoying weirdo he may be, but he was sort of the threads very own Babu Frik.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Feyd will now be wearing a Speedon't.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I love it when the DJ is pumping some of that good Ambience Critique at the club.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Rewatch Dick Tracy about a year ago, and become weirdly fascinated that every time someone turns on a radio in the movie, it seems to be playing the same song, "Live Alone and Like It", by Mel Torme. Which then also appears over a montage of Tracy doing poo poo. And then got the song stuck in my head for about a month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDUZgORmrSY

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

That DICK! posted:

apparently bette midler annoucned it? with

which feels like a curb plot in its own right. on a sad note? you're gonna put a on a sad note in front of my death announcement? really? what was the preceding message my death is a sad note on??

It was pretty rough seeing him on the last few seasons of Curb. Felt like they were propping him up with supports, as he sat/stood frozen and could barely get his lines out.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Non Compos Mentis posted:

kingo is making it right now

As he prepares for the next film, Kumail sighs dejectedly as he tucks into his third helping of cat-turds.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jose Oquendo posted:

Very disappointed that Dave Bautista's character in Dune 2 didn't have the tiny glasses from blade runner.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The Gack?! Oh god, not the Gack. Why god, WHY?! The Gack, a soul too precious for this world.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Kingo Ligma posted:

Yes.

No.

The creator did an entire show in brown face within the last ten years.

gently caress him.

I've never even heard off this Ja'imie show, but I immediately knew who you were talking about. He seemed to have a blip in his career when Flight of the Conchords was getting big, and networks were hunting for more "funny" australian content, and happened on Lilleys work. I remember seeing a few of his shows and thinking "... who is this poo poo for?!"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I didn't get how in the first Dunc, they make a point of showing off the shield for the first time, and having to make slow, deliberate strikes to penetrate the shield. Then they have the scene where Duncan Idaho goes ham on the Saudaukar and shivs them all with super fast strikes.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
bu he dinn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Fire In The Sky is the ultimate "jesus christ, alien abduction is horrifying" movie.